Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ancelotti SACKED.
ramaboy10 9 years ago Edited
Mauritius 285 6463

Carlo Ancelotti has been sacked as manager of Real Madrid after two seasons in charge of the Spanish club.

The Italian, 55, led Real to victory in the Spanish Cup before claiming the club's 10th European Cup last season.But this year they were knocked out by Juventus in the Champions League semi-finals, while Barcelona won La Liga.

Ancelotti's side finished second in Spain's top flight, two points behind Barca, who have reached the Spanish Cup and Champions League finals.

Club president Florentino Perez told a news conference it had "not been an easy decision" before thanking Ancelotti and adding that a new manager would be appointed "next week".

"What did Ancelotti do wrong? I don't know," Perez added.

"The demands here at Real Madrid are very high. The affection that the players and the fans have for Carlo is the same as the affection I myself have for him."Napoli boss Rafael Benitez is the favourite to take over the vacant role once the Italian season

Real beat city rivals Atletico Madrid 4-1 after extra time in the Champions League final in June 2014 to claim 'La Decima' - their 10th victory in Europe's most prestigious club competition.

It was Ancelotti's third Champions League title as a manager - he also won it twice with AC Milan, in 2003 and 2007 - but he leaves Madrid having failed to claim the Spanish title since joining from Paris St-Germain in July 2013.

The former Chelsea boss, whose contract was due to run until the end of next season, also won the Club World Cup in December before Real were knocked out of the Copa del Rey by Atletico in January.

In an interview with Italian newspaper published on Monday morning, before his departure was announced, Ancelotti said he would take a year off and have back surgery if he left Real."I must have a back operation because of spinal stenosis that for some time creates a tingle in my hands," he said.

"I don't know how long the period of recovery will be," he added. "I can assure you that I've had plenty of offers from Italy, England, Germany. I'm sure they will not be lacking from here until next year."

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Carlo Ancelotti has been sacked as manager of Real Madrid after two seasons in charge of the Spanish club.

The Italian, 55, led Real to victory in the Spanish Cup before claiming the club's 10th European Cup last season.

But this year they were knocked out by Juventus in the Champions League semi-finals, while Barcelona won La Liga.

Ancelotti's side finished second in Spain's top flight, two points behind Barca, who have reached the Spanish Cup and Champions League finals.

Club president Florentino Perez told a news conference it had "not been an easy decision" before thanking Ancelotti and adding that a new manager would be appointed "next week".

"What did Ancelotti do wrong? I don't know," Perez added. "The demands here at Real Madrid are very high. The affection that the players and the fans have for Carlo is the same as the affection I myself have for him."

Napoli boss Rafael Benitez is the favourite to take over the vacant role once the Italian season

Real beat city rivals Atletico Madrid 4-1 after extra time in the Champions League final in June 2014 to claim 'La Decima' - their 10th victory in Europe's most prestigious club competition.

It was Ancelotti's third Champions League title as a manager - he also won it twice with AC Milan, in 2003 and 2007 - but he leaves Madrid having failed to claim the Spanish title since joining from Paris St-Germain in July 2013.

The former Chelsea boss, whose contract was due to run until the end of next season, also won the Club World Cup in December before Real were knocked out of the Copa del Rey by Atletico in January.

In an interview with Italian newspaper published on Monday morning, before his departure was announced, Ancelotti said he would take a year off and have back surgery if he left Real.

"I must have a back operation because of spinal stenosis that for some time creates a tingle in my hands," he said.

"I don't know how long the period of recovery will be," he added. "I can assure you that I've had plenty of offers from Italy, England, Germany. I'm sure they will not be lacking from here until next year."

Comments
SunFlash 9 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

Real Madrid as a club demand success, and when they don't get it, even for half a season - they clean house.

In all honestly it isn't very good long-term for the club.

• History

Real Madrid as a club demand success, and when they don't get it, even for half a season - they clean house.In all honestly it isn't very good long-term for the club.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The silverwares ? Yes.

But what i will remember most is that Carlo was the coach that made Madrid play like this, thats what made them having the great winning streak this season and scoring many goals...

I definitely love Ancelotti, despite lacking some silliness like some coaches, Carlo is the perfect gentleman, and his way of playing Football is brave...

This is really unfair for him, wish him all the best.

• History

The silverwares ? Yes.

But what i will remember most is that Carlo was the coach that made Madrid play like this, thats what makee them having the great winning streak this season and scoring many goals...

I definitely love Ancelotti, despite lacking some silliness like some coaches, Carlo is the perfect gentleman, and his way of playing Football is brave...

This is really unfair for him, wish him all the best.

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

Not joking, my eyes got watery when I heard the news. Thats all I have to say.

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

What a joke.

Mainzfeldski 9 years ago Edited
1 461

That really blows. I liked Ancelotti.

• History

That really blows.

Aiden_Finland 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

Thank you for LA DECIMA :)

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Apparently it will be Benitez...

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. We couldn't possibly have a manager more fit for our team than Ancelotti. After working so hard for the team, the fans, and the players, he gets sacked. Absolutely stupid.

Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Madridistas should forever remember him as the man that brought home La Decima. We owe a lot to him. If he ever returns to the Bernabeu, I hope he gets a standing ovation.

• History

Madridistas should forever remember him as the man that brought home La Decima. We owe a lot to him.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Heisinburg 9 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Sometimes I want to punch that Perez bastard so hard, he'll need to wear another pair to glasses over his current pair in order to see.

Heisinburg 9 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

then again, I'm not too surprised by this news. It's Real Madrid after all.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

^ It's just Perez... we all loved Ancelotti.

rightfooty 9 years ago
Barcelona, Indonesia 1 47

No one is better than Ancelotti for RM right now. RM lost so many this season due to injuries. Wrong decision RM, very wrong ...

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Well.. It could have been worse.. Getting sacked after winning the double, FA cup and The League Title with a record goal scoring of 103 goals.. My second favorite manager after Mourinho is Ancelotti. Under him we had fun scoring 5-8 goals every now and then.

Good luck Ancelotti wherever you may go. Hopefully he won't manage City.

Gennady 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United 284 3961

what a stupid decision! winning CL last season and sacking him like this is no fair at all...

• History

what a stupid decision! winning CL last season and sacking him like this is no fair at all...

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Sad that he got sacked twice under dubious circumstances, he didn't/doesn't deserve this. Biggest gentleman of the game, I hope that he comes back to Chelsea if Mourinho leaves anytime soon.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Perez just can't understand it isn't Carlo's fault. He was great menager.