Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Dilemma- Should Jara face punishment?
raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

During the heated match between Chile and Uruguay, we saw Cavani get a second booking for "hitting'' (and i use that term lightly) Jara on the face- or at least thats what the ref saw. A camera angel from behind both players showed Jara walking up to Cavani hitting him in the rear and then appearing to shove a finger into his anus.
Now the question is, should a player that does something like this be punished with bans? Jara did something very similar to Luis Suarez back in 2013. The action was premeditated and looking to get a cheap advantage over Uruguay. Technically this could also be filed under sexual harrassment, too.

What do you guys think about it? Should there be new rules to protect players from these sort of things?

Comments
Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

i saw it too. that nasty finger he put at cavani's ass. cavani didnt even touch that guy's face yet he fell like a sissy holding his face as if been hit. he should be punished. too much drama.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

I just got ninja'd hard. lol

In my opinion, Jara should be banned, for a year at minimum from international competition. This conduct is not acceptable in the pitch or off, and you could literally be thrown in prison for doing this on the street. For this to occur in a professional environment is unbelievable, and should be punished accordingly.

Gennady 9 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

He provoked Cavani, I think he should be punished. Banned for at least 10 matches.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Since he is a Chilean i doubt anything would happen, 3 games ban would be fair but i guess it wont happen, ref ruined the game it was an even one until the incident.

shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

yes he should be punished, Cavani's reaction was almost venial.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I think he will be punished, but not before the tournament ends.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Definitely should be punished with a ban of similar length of Suarez.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

It is a hard punishment to give because it is a very unusual "aggression" which has no background on which the comity can back up on. That sort of stuff is not yet stated as to what should be done, no rules or anything so it is hard to decide upon. Obviously deserves a ban but how harsh?

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Not really a dilemma tbh. Should definitely be banned, what was he thinking I don't know.

raimondo90 9 years ago

Sorry SunFlash :P isn't it crazy how to people across the globe decieded to write a post about the exact same subject at the exact same time?

Well if insulting a ref can grant you 4 games suspension, id say a good 10 games would be alright for something like this, especially when its not the first time hes done it.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

To be honest, I'd rather get bitten by Suarez than have Jara's finger up mine.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

To be honest, you could probably get an STD from either.

rampage 9 years ago
Borussia Dortmund, Germany 5 78

@sunflash

STD ?

You went full retard there ... don't ever go full retard ...

I think referee also should be punished by being forced to sniff Jaras finger for an entire year !

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

Jokes in bad taste aren't funny, sorry.

rampage 9 years ago
Borussia Dortmund, Germany 5 78

If you are on receiving end , then yes )) but i was pretty serious just like you were about STD

raimondo90 9 years ago

Apparently Mainz is getting ready to drop Jara

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

jokes in bad taste may very well be funny but @rampage clearly doesn't comprehend English well enough to understand a joke. Suarez biting and Jara fingering asses don't belong on a football pitch. He should be severely punished.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

3 games ban for Jara : Official, his Copa America is over.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Jaras should be banned for 5 games and sniff his own-ass-poked finger during those 5 games!!! What a coward

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

Reduced to two games ban what a joke.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.