Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Everton 'sorry' for badge change
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Everton football club have said sorry to their fans after thousands were unhappy with changes to the club's badge.

More than 22,000 fans have signed a petition to protest against the changes, which included removing the club's Latin motto.

Though Everton Fans' Forum - a group of representative fans - were consulted before the changes were made, Everton FC apologised for not talking to all fans.

They said: "We regret we didn't ask every Evertonian about something that matters so much to every one of you."

The club says the new design will remain in place for the 2013-14 season but they would seek fans' views over its badge for 2014-15.

Everton's badge has been changed in the past and this is the 10th version in the club's history.

Comments
Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Like they mean it...

Zakzook 11 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

It's nice of them to do this.. unlike...
COUGH ARSENAL COUGH COUGH

mladen 11 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

awful badge

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

if they're sorry, why don't they just change it back?

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

They shouldn't be sorry for anything, It's a good new design and not just that it's also a new generation. a lot of old school people wouldn't appreciate it, but it's all about the modern era. and sooner or later they will have to change it. it wasn't perfect to begin with.

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Every club did it before. for examples Chelsea FC.

Manchester United

![]()

netsten 11 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

@AlexBatak I totally agree with you.
And I really think the new one is better designed.
The only think to complain about could be the latin motto that missing...

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@netsten yep that too mate they should have added, it but I'm pretty sure there is something behind it that we don't know. and since they already announced it then they won't back down and change it. I'm not sure that they will even change it on the next year as they claimed.

Zakzook 11 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

Hmm Alex, why is changing the the badge considered an "upgrade"? It does nothing. I think keeping the badge as it is forever is better.

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Zak yes it's true but the design wasn't perfect at all. I'm very sure that this is not just why they changed it but surely it's one of the reasons.

netsten 11 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

The logo evolution is just a normal thing, it's the same for the ball, for the shoes, and for everything. It's not the firts time, and if you don't like it, maybe the next one will be better...