Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Indian football player dies trying to celebrate a goal
netsten 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

A 23-year-old Indian football player is dead after a goal celebration failed when he attempted a somersault that ended up breaking his back.

Peter Biaksangzuala died Sunday, five days after he tried a somersault, but landed awkwardly, which lead to his fatal spinal cord injury. Peter had scored a goal in the 61st minute for Bethlehem Vengthlang FC of the Mizoram Football Association last week.

“He was trying to do Germany’s Klose signature flip stunt, but it misfired unfortunately,” a source told Metro UK.

Biaksangzuala found the back of the net on a rebound and celebrated with a front handspring before going into his failed somersault. He landed face-first on the field and was surrounded right away by teammates who called for medical staff.

After playing on despite his horrific injury last week, his club announced on Sunday they would retire his No. 21 jersey.

http://www.tomonews.net/indian-soccer-player-dies-trying-to-celebrate-goal-148480813023232

R.I.P

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

A 23-year-old Indian soccer player is dead after a goal celebration failed when he attempted a somersault that ended up breaking his back.

Peter Biaksangzuala died Sunday, five days after he tried a somersault, but landed awkwardly, which lead to his fatal spinal cord injury. Peter had scored a goal in the 61st minute for Bethlehem Vengthlang FC of the Mizoram Football Association last week.

“He was trying to do Germany’s Klose signature flip stunt, but it misfired unfortunately,” a source told Metro UK.

Biaksangzuala found the back of the net on a rebound and celebrated with a front handspring before going into his failed somersault. He landed face-first on the field and was surrounded right away by teammates who called for medical staff.

After playing on despite his horrific injury last week, his club announced on Sunday they would retire his No. 21 jersey.

http://www.tomonews.net/indian-soccer-player-dies-trying-to-celebrate-goal-148480813023232

R.I.P

Comments
Wolfie 10 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Very unfortunate. I wonder if he practiced it enough. I remember Fergie was concerned too when Nani used to do it. I think he told him to stop.
Hernanes did one too in the Napoli game. He pulled it off quite well I must say.

Equalizer at 91 minutes.

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

R.I.P.! I saw that video,very,very shocking! :(