Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Messi indirectly saves a countryman's life
Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Lionel Messi indirectly helped save the life of an Argentinian man who was kidnapped in Nigeria.

The 28-year-old by the name of Santiago Lopez Menendez says he was captured in the north-west of the country by men with automatic weapons who believed that he was American.

Attempts to explain he was not fell on the deaf ears of his captors, who spoke almost no English, until he started repeating the name "Messi."

At that point, after three days without food and water, and having been beaten, his treatment improved. His employers then paid the ransom, and he has now been released and taken to the Argentina Embassy in the country.

According to a report by Mariana Iglesias in Clarin (h/t Toby Keel of Eurosport), Menendez said, via his brother: "Thank you Messi, mentioning your name saved my life."

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Lionel Messi indirectly helped save the life of an Argentinian man who was kidnapped in Nigeria.

The 28-year-old by the name of Santiago Lopez Menendez says he was captured in the north-west of the country by men with automatic weapons who believed that he was American.

Attempts to explain he was not fell on the deaf ears of his captors, who spoke almost no English, until he started repeating the name "Messi."

At that point, after three days without food and water, and having been beaten, his treatment improved.

His employers then paid the ransom, and he has now been released and taken to the Argentina Embassy in the country.

According to a report by Mariana Iglesias in Clarin (h/t Toby Keel of Eurosport), Menendez said, via his brother: "Thank you Messi, mentioning your name saved my life."

Comments
tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Actually that was really smart. Shit likes this might happen alot and at certain moment, the only thing these terrorist might need is a reminder that a victim is not from America. Screaming Messi and Ronaldo is the perfect way.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Kenya, the land of opportunity. That goes to show how football has spread through every corner of the world!

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I understand the hate of US government, but the US people are completely innocent about what their country does in the world, most of US people doesnt even know whats happening and TV makes their opinions.

In Africa, extreme things are done there, if my son was dying from hunger, i dont know what i would be able to do to feed him, i dont support those criminals but i dont put all the blames on them either.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I understand the hate of US government, but the US people is completely innocent about what their country does in the world, most of US people doesnt even know whats happening and TV makes their opinions.

In Africa, extreme things are done there, if my son was dying from hunger, i dont know what i would be able to do to feed him, i dont support those criminals but i dont put all the blames on them either.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

That's sad right. :( the poverty and low in education make people treat each other like animal... not human being... it's sad.

I never generalize, The normal American has nothing to do with it. Of course there are people with different opinion in the same country... but I agree with @tiki

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Wow, I hate these, fortunately got it right. Agree with Tiki & tuan.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

If you want to get killed quickly there, just say the word ''Monsanto'' lol.