Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Player Profile: Dates and updates
Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Hello everyone, I hope that all of the members who have volunteered to do a Player Profile is still up to it. Just for a quick review, here are the rules and regulations.

1. Please try to choose a player that is already retired.

2. This is what you are expected to cover in your player profile, if possible:

Club Career
International Career
Achievements
Statistics (goals scored, clean sheets kept, etc.)
Records
Strengths/Weaknesses
Highlights/Disappointments of Career
Style of Play
Notable performances/matches/tournaments
Quotes from famous people on the player
Off-pitch contribution
Legacy

1. You are expected to give a thorough rout on your player, and pictures/videos should be included for a better profile.

2. It should be organized, neat, and written in formal and relatively clear English (if English is not your first language, don't worry. I just want others to be able to understand the message you are trying to send).

3. PLEASE DON'T COPY AND PASTE OFF WIKIPEDIA.

4. Please cite all sources that you have used for information. Give credit where it's due, and credit will be given to you.

5. As you might expect, it's best to keep your opinion out of the player profile. The Profile is intended to be from an unbiased perspective. So if you claimed your player to be the greatest of all time, make sure you have multiple sources to back it up.

6. Most importantly, give positive feedback. Don't scrutinize others! If you think that the work posted is plagiarized, please contact me or a moderator privately!

These are the members who have volunteered, and the players they have chosen. You are still free to change your player, and of course, you are still free to volunteer for a Player Profile if you haven't already.

TheGame - Gabriel Batistuta
Tuanis - Francesco Totti
Shpalman - Paolo Maldini
Ramaboy - Xavi Hernandez
Emrecan - Roberto Carlos
Lodatz - Michael Owen
Dynastian - Alfredo Di Stefano
Vendetta - Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Iraqi_Madridista - Iker Casillas
Michaeldoctor1 - Raul Gonzalez
Tuan_Jinn - David Beckham
Quikzyyy - Thierry Henry
SoccerBoss - Lev Yashin
Heisinburg - Oliver Kahn
KingHenry - Lilian Thuram (is a doubt... said he might not be able to do it)

And now I will assign dates. If you have a problem with dates, please comment below, and I will change it. If there is no issue, I will arrange the dates to be 4 days after one another. I urge you to finish your PP before your date, so all you have to do is paste it, and then post it.

Without further ado, here are the dates. Members who volunteered first get first preference.

July 20th - Dynastian, Vendetta
July 24th - SoccerBoss
July 28th - Quikzyyy, Michaeldoctor1
August 1st - Iraqi_Madridista, Emrecan
August 5th - TheGame, Tuanis
August 9th - Ramaboy, Heisenburg
August 13th - KingHenry
August 17th - Tuan_jinn, Lodatz
August 21st -

AND OF COURSE, there will be a CONTEST after all PP's are finished. The contest will be a vote of all the members in the forum on the best Player Profile. If you wish to win, please work hard, be thorough, and be original! May the odds be ever in your favor. ;)

If possible, could a moderator please have this post pinned in the forum? That would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hello everyone, I hope that all of the members who have volunteered to do a Player Profile is still up to it. Just for a quick review, here are the rules and regulations.

Club Career
International Career
Achievements
Records
Strengths/Weaknesses
Style of Play
Off-pitch contribution
Legacy

1. You are expected to give a thorough rout on your player, and pictures/videos should be included for a better profile.

2. It should be organized, neat, and written in formal and relatively clear English (if English is not your first language, don't worry. I just want others to be able to understand the message you are trying to send).

4. Please cite all sources that you have used for information. Give credit where it's due, and credit will be given to you.

5. As you might expect, it's best to keep your opinion out of the player profile. The Profile is intended to be from an unbiased perspective. So if you claimed your player to be the greatest of all time, make sure you have multiple sources to back it up.

6. Most importantly, give positive feedback. Don't scrutinize others! If you think that the work posted is plagiarized, please contact me or a moderator privately!

These are the members who have volunteered, and the players they have chosen. You are still free to change your player, and of course, you are still free to volunteer for a Player Profile if you haven't already.

Tuanis - Francesco Totti
Shpalman - Paolo Maldini
Ramaboy - Xavi Hernandez
Emrecan - Roberto Carlos
Lodatz - Michael Owen
Quikzyyy - Thierry Henry
Heisinburg - Oliver Kahn

And now I will assign dates. If you have a problem with dates, please comment below, and I will change it. If there is no issue, I will arrange the dates to be 4 days after one another. I urge you to finish your PP before your date, so all you have to do is paste it, and then post it.

Without further ado, here are the dates. Members who volunteered first get first preference.

July 24th - Lodatz, Tuan_jinn
August 13th - KingHenry
August 17th -
August 21st -

AND OF COURSE, there will be a CONTEST after all PP's are finished. The contest will be a vote of all the members in the forum on the best Player Profile. If you wish to win, please work hard, be thorough, and be original! May the odds be ever in your favor. ;)

If possible, could a moderator please have this post pinned in the forum? That would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Club Career
International Career
Achievements
Records
Strengths/Weaknesses
Style of Play
Off-pitch contribution
Legacy

Tuanis - Francesco Totti
Shpalman - Paolo Maldini
Ramaboy - Xavi Hernandez
Emrecan - Roberto Carlos
Lodatz - Michael Owen
Quikzyyy - Thierry Henry
Heisinburg - Oliver Kahn

July 24th - SoccerBoss
August 13th - KingHenry
August 17th - Tuan_jinn, Lodatz
August 21st -

Comments
Lodatz 10 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I would like to push mine back, if possible. I am going to be going on vacation with the missus to the UK for 3 weeks, from July 21st to Aug 11th, and won't be checking the internet much.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Nice @Dyn, there is no option to pin a threat yet for mod, we will see if we can ask FR for it.

I think the dates would be nicer if the margin is bigger, so members can have time to read and discuss.

I would like to move mine to August 17th as I am moving in a new house now (my own woohooo). I also need to re-read the biography of David.

SoccerBoss 10 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

I would like to do Lev Yashin

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuan

Alright, I'll do that. And @Lodatz, are you alright with August 17th?

@SoccerBoss

I'll add you to the list.

• History

@Tuan

Alright, I'll do that. And @Lodatz, are you alright with August 13th?

@SoccerBoss

I'll add you to the list.

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

"If possible, could a moderator please have this post pinned in the forum? That would be greatly appreciated, thank you."

request sent :)

Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Alfredo Di Stefano and Zlatan Ibrahimovic as the first player profiles is exciting. Looking forward to posting mine soon. :)

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Thank you @Shpalman. And yes @Vendetta! Looking forward to them all. :)

Lodatz 10 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Dyn: Sure thing.

liomessi10 10 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

ibrahimovic has not retired.

Chanakya999 10 years ago
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

I technically did a small player profile on Andres Escobar...
Does that count?

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Chanakya

Not really. It has to be a legendary player, preferably retired.

liomessi10 10 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

where is soccerboss's player profile?

michaeldoctor1 10 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Spain 36 1151

My computer has been giving me problems. Please forgive me for not uploading my player profile, its not uploading and I don't know whats wrong

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'll post it tomorrow, just now came home totally tired.

Emrecan_58 10 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

I won't be able post this on Friday mate. I am going to hospital in Istanbul tomorrow and I will prepare this when I get back home. I don't know the exact date yet.

• History

I won't be able post this on Thursday mate. I am going to hospital in Istanbul tomorrow and I will prepare this when I get back home. I don't know the exact date yet.

SoccerBoss 10 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Good luck on your pregnancy test @Emre, JK LOL.

I might finish up my player profile sooner or later and will post it soon

Emrecan_58 10 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

It's done guys.

• History

It's done mate.

TheGame 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

Hey Dynastian, I am really busy with a lot of applications, work, etc. at this time so I won't be able to do the profile by the due date. Rest assured that I will get it done in the near future.

• History

Hey man, I am really busy with a lot of things at this time so I won't be able to do the profile by the due date. Rest assured that I will get it done in the near future.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@TheGame

That's fine mate, take it easy.