Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Jackson Martínez to Guangzhou Evergande
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Atletico Madrid striker Jackson Martinez has completed a €42 million (£32m) move to Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande.
enter image description here
Despite Diego Simeone's side challenging Barcelona for the La Liga title this season, Martinez has struggled to make an impact at the Vicente Calderon - scoring just two goals in 15 league appearances.

The 29-year-old becomes the latest high profile player to leave Europe for the Chinese Super League, including Chelsea's Brazilian midfielder Ramires and the likes of Fredy Guarin and former Arsenal winger Gervinho.
Martinez will play under former Chelsea and Brazil manager Luiz Felipe Scolari who took the helm of the club last summer.

Did another player just left out top football for money or?

Comments
decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

It's a joke really. Atleti are laughing their asses off.

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Too bad it didn't happen some days earlier as rumour had it that Atletico was willing to take back Falcao. Anyways, it's a fantastic deal for Atletico, while Martinez doesn't look particularly happy judging from the photo above, but the Chinese League is looking better and better. Could be a decent league in 15 years time if the football hype reaches young kids and the clubs accordingly invest in their development. They obviously have the money for it.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

His face on this picture is priceless, for the rest Chinese also have mastercard.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11426

@JuanMata10 Indeed, but truth to be told, Chinesse league are like many other, they have a very strong club that almost always win the league and all the other fight for second place. I mean, Guangzhou Evergrande won for the last 5 year now, not quite as interesting as the EPL for me. :D

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Awful move for Martinez personally, and I've already posted how I feel about the way the Chinese league is doing things.

Couldn't hate this move much more. Although Atletico got a sweet deal here.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Sorry I am not racist at all but I would prefer to play in the Championship rather than playing in China.
From Porto to ATL to Guangzhou? Sorry my ego would be too strong to leave Europe for Asia having that team history even for half million a week payment.

I MEAN REALLY? Gervinho, Ramires and now Martinez? Is football all about getting paid :(?

Congratulations on the Chinese for doing excellent marketing I hope their league and football quality grows!

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

If I was playing in top european football I would never join them.
If I was playing some 10th league in San Marino, that would probably the only way to join them.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11426

@JozeMourinho But Joze, didn't Drogba spend a year in china?

onze11 8 years ago
Barcelona, Haiti 29 123

Oh wow.

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

He shouldnt go yet. Hhas some years left. Also hes betraying all his fifa 16 fans fans cos hes the best striker in the game.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Emobot7 Drogba has a much more complete career than Martinez and Martinez is 29 clearly a money move from a lazy wannabe rich players. No hate many would fallen for that money though

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Expensive moves like this wont make the chinese league aby better. They have to develop their football from the grassroots and create a working youth system rather than splashing huge sums of money on a few selected stars.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11426

@Joze Ok.

@Onze Why are you saying wow, Onze?

To be sincere, I'm more mad at Gervinho though, really liked the guy back at Roma and I thought he wasn't bad at all. :(

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Evergrande apparently terminated his contract a month ago as he's been injured for 18 months and not played a single game since he was injured in october 2016.So tragic, had completely forgot about him.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Pelle Well damn, didn't heard about that, its a crying shame, such a talented player before joining China. Clearly, his move didn't work like he would have wanted. :( Hopefully, he manage to recover and take back the control of his career. Maybe join a smaller club in europe or in south america. That could help.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Pelle Well damn, didn't heard about that, its a crying shame, such a talented player before joining China. Clearly, it didn't work like he would have wanted. :(