Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Kolo Toure oO.
tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The ref didnt even tell them to play, maybe a rule should be applied...

Comments
Madridista11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Wait what the hell happened there?

quikzyyy 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Ivory Coast needed only one point in their final qualifying game in Abidjan with Cameroon who had already qualified as top of Group D.

The Elephants tried to maintain their qualifying draw score in a very controversial way since the Ivorians literally kept passing the ball around in defense and among themselves as the game drew to a close.

For the final three minutes of the extra time, there were at least 71 passes between Ivorian players in their own half of the pitch while Cameroon showed no desire to intervene.

Ivorian manager Herve Renard was shown leaving the pitch 90 seconds before the final whistle after he knew that his players will just keep passing the ball until the end of the game.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Ivory Coast needed only one point in their final qualifying game in Abidjan with Cameroon who had already qualified as top of Group D.

The Elephants tried to maintain their qualifying draw score in a very controversial way since the Ivorians literally kept passing the ball around in defense and among themselves as the game drew to a close.

For the final three minutes of the extra time, there were at least 71 passes between Ivorian players in their own half of the pitch while Cameroon showed no desire to intervene.

Ivorian manager Herve Renard was shown leaving the pitch 90 seconds before the final whistle after he knew that his players will just keep passing the ball until the end of the game.

Argjent 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Kosovo 8 714

This is bad for Football! I don't want to know the reason why,but this is bad,bad and bad...

Gustavo 9 years ago
Liverpool 2 234

I'm not going to defend Kolo because he's a Liverpool player, but aren't the bigger culprits here the Cameroon players?

m4nchesterutI 9 years ago
Real Madrid, England 0 7

I'm confused. Why are you pointing out only Kolo, and Cameron was qualified, and was a man down, so what do you expect them to do?

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Must be so annoying to be from Congo.. This is match fixing and something should be done about it. Disgraceful from both sides.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Im pointing Kolo because if you look carefully, he was at the origin telling other players to stop playing forward, Cameroun had a chance few seconds ago and since Ivory Coast doesnt seem to trust their GK and defense, Kolo intentionally and without hiding himself told the players to stop playing and give the ball back to the keeper.
Cameroun didnt have the ball, playing away with 10 men topping the group, they have no responsability on this, they attacked until 88th minutes...

Anyway, surprinsinly no rule has been broken, and the ref could do nothing, so i though something should be done.

Last year in Ligue 2, Caen - Nimes game has been the same the whole second half, less clear and direct, but you could feel that both were playing the draw, Caen went to Ligue 1 and Nimes didnt got relegated to second division.

We are in an era where the result is more important than whats happening on the game, parking bus has became mainstream and no rule actually is praising attacking Football, actually its the opposite.

In Basketball, if you dont shoot for 24 seconds you loose the ball. I know it wont work in Football but lets say, a team should have a limitted time before playing forward or loose the ball, give the opposition an indirect freekick. What do you think ?

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Personally I blame Cameroon more, they had no intention at all getting the ball. I understand that you're defending hard, but that's too much - I can understand Kolo Toure's frustration.

@tiki great point about basketball.

Btw this has happened in ice hockey too. Philadelphia were frustrated of Tampa Bay's bus tactic in NHL match, so they decided to keep the puck, but there is rule in NHL that ref must blow the whistle if you don't play the puck.

Wolfie 9 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

What a disgrace.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Look at the way Kolo screaming for player to pass back to him disgust me... This is horrible, for football fans, and for those who are at the stadium

netsten 9 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

What a shame...