Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Leicester City to spend 180 millions!
fabryi 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal 37 727

Newly-promoted Leicester City's owner wants a top-five finish in the Premier League within three years - and will spend the money needed to get there.

The Championship title winners have returned to the top flight after a decade-long absence.
Billionaire Thai chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha outlined the club's next steps to reporters in Bangkok.
He said: "It will take a huge amount of money, possibly 10bn Thai Baht (£180m), to get there. That doesn't put us off."
Srivaddhanaprabha added: "I am asking for three years, and we'll be there.
"We won't take the huge leap to challenge the league's top five clubs immediately.
"Do we have a chance to beat them? Yes, we have, but I think we need to establish our foothold in the league first and then we think about our next step.
"The important thing is we're going with a belief that we can achieve," he said after showing off the Championship trophy to fans in the Thai capital.
"It's important we continue to improve everything about ourselves. So, we can challenge for the top five. But, of course, one step at the time."

Leicester have qualified for Europe three times, most recently as the 2000 League Cup winners. They went out of the 2000-01 Uefa Cup in the first round, losing 4-2 on aggregate to Red Star Belgrade of Serbia.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Newly-promoted Leicester City's owner wants a top-five finish in the Premier League within three years - and will spend the money needed to get there.

The Championship title winners have returned to the top flight after a decade-long absence.

Billionaire Thai chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha outlined the club's next steps to reporters in Bangkok.

He said: "It will take a huge amount of money, possibly 10bn Thai Baht (£180m), to get there. That doesn't put us off."

"We won't take the huge leap to challenge the league's top five clubs immediately.

"Do we have a chance to beat them? Yes, we have, but I think we need to establish our foothold in the league first and then we think about our next step.

"The important thing is we're going with a belief that we can achieve," he said after showing off the Championship trophy to fans in the Thai capital.

"It's important we continue to improve everything about ourselves. So, we can challenge for the top five. But, of course, one step at the time."

Leicester have qualified for Europe three times, most recently as the 2000 League Cup winners. They went out of the 2000-01 Uefa Cup in the first round, losing 4-2 on aggregate to Red Star Belgrade of Serbia.

Comments
Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Interesting.

ArsenalGunners 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

The owner must be Vincent Tan because he sounds like he's on crack.

Boixosnois1981 10 years ago
Barcelona 49 508

Trying to pull a Monaco.

raimondo90 10 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

If they stay to what he claims then its reasonable. first season establish a foothold. then fight for top spots in europe. 180mil over 3 seasons is 60mil a season which isnt an insane amount. interesting to see what they do in the coming transfer window and how their season plays out. Congrats to them for the promotion.

WayneRooney 10 years ago
Manchester United, Argentina 52 488

wow, the league is gonna get more interesting

Boixosnois1981 10 years ago
Barcelona 49 508

If they spend their money wisely, and not just toss it around at everything they see.. yes.. certainly.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

How time flies..

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Quikzyyy Pretty sure the guys who commented on this post a year ago weren't expecting Leicester Fox to be first at this point of the year. The fox sure are impressive though, and they have yet to spend some of that money if I'm not wrong and they are already competing to get a top five finish, heck they could even get first place if they kept this up. :D

• History

@Quikzyyy Pretty sure the guys who commented on this post a year ago weren't expecting Leicester Fox to be first at this point of the year. The fox sure are impressive though, and they have to spend all of that money if I'm not wrong and they are already competing to get a top five finish, heck they could even get first place if they kept this up. :D

@Quikzyyy Pretty sure the guys who commented on this post a year ago weren't expecting Leicester Fox to be first at this point of the year. The fox sure are impressive though, and they have yet to spend all of that money if I'm not wrong and they are already competing to get a top five finish, heck they could even get first place if they kept this up. :D

Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Now I remember seeing this thread :P

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

well, that owner is some smart guy.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Great find @ quikzyyy :D

This is jsut amazing.. and guess what? Leicester are once again favorites to WIN the premier league this year.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@KTB Where do you find those info? Also, told you it wasn't so bad. ;)

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago

@emo at the bettingsites.. pokerstars and bet365.com etc..

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago

@emo and yes you did :D Who would have thought that both Spurs and Arsenal would lose their games when they had the opportunity to catch up on leicester for the title..

538 11432

@KTB I understand what you mean, Spurs have been so good recently and who could had guess the Swan would beat Arsenal... but they did, and now Leicester somehow manage to take an even bigger advance thanks to the draw (they got one point out of it after all). :D

• History

@KTB I understand what you mean, Spurs have been so good recently and who could had guess the Swan would beat Arsenal... but they did, and now Leicester somehow manage to take an even bigger advance thanks to the draw (they got one point of it after all). :D

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago

The spurs-arsenal game tomorrow will be ever so important for the outcome of this years premier league.. A draw there and Leicester are even bigger favorites to win..

538 11432

A draw would be fine by me but even an Arsenal win wouldn't scare me too much as a Leicester Fan, what scare me the most would be if Tottenham were to win that match, it could be serious trouble for the Fox with the Spurs current form.

• History

A draw would be fine by me but even an Arsenal wouldn't scare me too much as a Leicester Fan, what scare me the most would be if Tottenham were to win that match, it could be serious trouble for the Fox with the Spurs current form.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago

Yeah thatwould just be the worst for me, if Spurs were to win the league. Let's hope not. Although they're favorites to win against Arsenal according to the odds and many users on this forum.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

And now, 9 matches to go, they sit 5 points clear, with pretty easy fixtures in front of them.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

they still have to play chelsea and united away.