Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Martin Skrtel banned
quikzyyy 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has been charged with violent conduct over an alleged stamp on Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea.
The incident happened in injury time during the Reds' 2-1 Premier League defeat at Anfield on Sunday.The Slovakia international, 30, has to respond by 18:00 GMT on Tuesday and the offence carries a three-match ban.

Referee Martin Atkinson did not see the incident but three former officials agreed it was a sending-off offence. The trio made the decision after reviewing footage of the incident.

Unless Skrtel successfully appeals he will be banned for Liverpool's Premier League matches at Arsenal (4 April) and at home to Newcastle (April 13), plus the FA Cup quarter-final replay at Blackburn on 8 April.

Captain Steven Gerrard will also miss those matches after his red card 38 seconds after coming on as a half-time substitute in the same game.

I think it may be a big blow for Liverpool, thoughts?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has been charged with violent conduct over an alleged stamp on Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea.

The incident happened in injury time during the Reds' 2-1 Premier League defeat at Anfield on Sunday.

The Slovakia international, 30, has to respond by 18:00 GMT on Tuesday and the offence carries a three-match ban. Referee Martin Atkinson did not see the incident but three former officials agreed it was a sending-off offence. The trio made the decision after reviewing footage of the incident.

Unless Skrtel successfully appeals he will be banned for Liverpool's Premier League matches at Arsenal (4 April) and at home to Newcastle (April 13), plus the FA Cup quarter-final replay at Blackburn on 8 April.

Captain Steven Gerrard will also miss those matches after his red card 38 seconds after coming on as a half-time substitute in the same game.

Comments
Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

One thought , scum got what he deserves . Dirty very dirty player finally got caught in his acts . Still did not get bashings like Costa got from Media .

nandaYNWA 9 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

"Dirty very dirty player"

Not denying that. He is dirty. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

But this is coming from the guy who defended Costa's actions.

3 match ban is not justice because skrtel does things like this literally every match. Pushing, shoving, holding. He's a great player but he needs something like this to teach him a a lesson.

Heisinburg 9 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Does this mean BR is going to play Lovren? GG Liverpool, time to say goodbye to 4th place!!

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

^ What did I missed? Isn't Lovern a good CB?

Regarding the ban.. It was deserved. I hope the FA starts banning players from matches that receive less media coverage. Maybe when Skrtel starts doing this nasty stuff more often he will receive the same hate form media like Costa.

Mainzfeldski 9 years ago
1 461

^
Lovren has been atrocious this season. The past few games he has been playing in weren't too shabby, but 80% of his season was horrible.

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Gerrard and skrtel both

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Skrtel is the dirtiest player in the EPL! Just look at the guys face! The difference between him and Costa is that Costa gets way more attention from both the media and other players who are trying to provoke him. Skrtel gets none of that but still is a cunt.

I still think FA is a big joke though because there are plenty of other players who'ce done the same thing but gets away with it!! Hypocritical bastards!

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Skrtel is a cunt.

Emrecan_58 9 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

You can not forget that he is also a record breaker.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

And definitely rightly so. It's really understandable that De Gea was furious.

Argjenti1996 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Kosovo 3 408

Liverpool can't win Fa Cup,and can't be in top 4 this season...so

Marcus2011 9 years ago

Ohh dont bring the old topic back about Costa . You choose the close your eyes that Skrtel was bigger C8nt during that match ? Typical pools fan . Intentionally provoking Costa . Dirty player . ( Dont bring up atletico because he is in Chelsea now and judge him with Chelsea ) Are you watching Skrtel first year ? That is usual Skrtel tactics . Or you want to deny it ?

Liverpool just does not get the same attention from media like other clubs do . Like for example not having 10 min long discussion with clips title Liverpool Crimes .

Even last year after so many dives , dirty football , media and fans were still backing Liverpool as worthy winner of title than City . Nope . Not even top 4 was worthy of Pools presence .

Tacuachillo 9 years ago
Barcelona, Mexico 8 242

Well, this isn't good for my fantasy premier league....

quikzyyy 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Skrtel appeared to stamp on Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea in the dying seconds of Sunday’s game at Anfield.

Skrtel was charged yesterday and was set to miss Liverpool’s next three games – away to Arsenal in the league, an FA Cup replay at Ewood Park against Blackburn and then Newcastle’s visit Anfield.
The major risk for Liverpool is that if their appeal is deemed ‘frivolous’ then, under FA rules, Skrtel would be in danger of having another match added to the standard three-game ban.

• History

Skrtel appeared to stamp on Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea in the dying seconds of Sunday’s game at Anfield.

Skrtel was charged yesterday and was set to miss Liverpool’s next three games – away to Arsenal in the league, an FA Cup replay at Ewood Park against Blackburn and then Newcastle’s visit Anfield.

The major risk for Liverpool is that if their appeal is deemed ‘frivolous’ then, under FA rules, Skrtel would be in danger of having another match added to the standard three-game ban.

kenkichiotaka 9 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

Totally deserved, that act was so unprofessional!!Just disgraceful!!

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

"Intentionally provoking Costa . Dirty player . ( Dont bring up atletico because he is in Chelsea now and judge him with Chelsea )"

• Yes, and why don't we also pretend that Ronaldo only has a handful of red cards because he is currently a Real Madrid player, hmm? Let's also ignore everything Joey Barton has ever done because what he did with Newcastle or City shouldn't have a reflection on his career as a QPR player. Because that's how we do things, right?

And while we're at it, let's paint Costa as a "victim" of Skrtel's misbehavior. Because that's all that Costa ever is in the end. A "victim" of what Zabaleta or Skrtel provoked him into doing. Not a player who's very style is built from the ability to play like a scumbag without any regrets and to provoke reactions from other players by diving, cheating, and any other form of physical abuse. Costa is a "victim".

In fact, that's how Marcus2011 argues. He paints himself, Diego Costa, and his beloved Chelsea as victims. Chelsea are a victim of abuse and hatred on FootyRoom. SkySports hates Chelsea and Costa. Referees all hate Chelsea. The world hates Chelsea and Costa. The holy trinity of Chelsea FC, Diego Costa, and Marcus2011 are always victims.

Oh, and be careful! Don't say anything to upset Marcus, because he's going to cry to his mommy that he's being abused! Even if Marcus talks sh*t about your club, your players, or you, never say anything bad about Marcus or Chelsea, because he will instantly play possum and automatically become a victim. So why don't we avoid dissing Marcus or Chelsea or Costa in his presence because we just don't want to see him cry. :)

nandaYNWA 9 years ago Edited
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

^i wish I could give you more than 1 like

• History

^i wish I could give you more than 1 like

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@Dynastian +1 mate. Victimization mentality is a defense mechanism utilized by insecure individuals or, in this instance, clubs. Unfortunately, Mourinho has ingrained this mentality so deep in Chelsea that I am not sure they'll ever stop externalizing their failures. This "us vs. the world mentality" is a very pathetic way of galvanizing your troops and demonstrates a character flaw more than anything else.

Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Victimization is just when it suits the occasion. I agree that referee decisions have been cruel to Chelsea this season. Their lack of penalties won in the Premier League statistically proves that. However, victimizing Chelsea at every step is quite absurd. The only "movement" (or whatever you want to call it) against Chelsea is probably in the English media. And that's understandable because everyone in Spain hates Barcelona and Real too.

PS. If anyone found difficulty in understanding my original post, that's because the entirety of the post was sarcasm.

• History

Victimization is just when it suits the occasion. I agree that referee decisions have been cruel to Chelsea this season. Their lack of penalties won in the Premier League statistically proves that. However, victimizing Chelsea at every step is quite absurd. The only "movement" (or whatever you want to call it) against Chelsea is probably in the English media. And that's understandable because everyone in Spain hates Barcelona and Real too.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

@thegame

Victimization was favorite tactic of Alex Ferguson . If you did not know about it . Are you just like to remember certain things from his days of managing ?

Mourinho has way more valid points to back his claims than Sir Alex ever had , after all stats are there and records are in newspaper shelves from 1993 up to now . All it takes is to research to refresh your mind and you could learn few things about United .

@dyna

Yes, and why don't we also pretend that Ronaldo only has a handful of red cards because he is currently a Real Madrid player, hmm? Let's also ignore everything Joey Barton has ever done because what he did with Newcastle or City shouldn't have a reflection on his career as a QPR player. Because that's how we do things, right?

No . However, should we call Ronaldo scum and dirty player , diver ( which basicly is cheating ) so cheater ? Should media also paint him as dirty player for his past doings . Think it through .

• A "victim" of what Zabaleta or Skrtel provoked him into doing. Not a player who's very style is built from the ability to play like a scumbag without any regrets and to provoke reactions from other players by diving, cheating, and any other form of physical abuse. Costa is a "victim".*

In fact, that's how Marcus2011 argues. He paints himself, Diego Costa, and his beloved Chelsea as victims. Chelsea are a victim of abuse and hatred on FootyRoom. SkySports hates Chelsea and Costa. Referees all hateChelsea. The world hates Chelsea and Costa. The holy trinity of Chelsea FC, Diego Costa, and Marcus2011 are always victims.

Nonsese part took me totally out of context . Especially about Zabaleta , did you even see the whole incident before you write ? Like always special crap from dynasty .

And the last part hahahahahaha boy did I piss you off in last few weeks .
Hey just because I worry about your well being I just found answer on yahoo questions that when you butthurt you should apply vaseline next time when getting .....

Can't let it go I see . It is ok . I call it peace . Don't get too mad about things . Life is too short . :D