Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

MC's boss Pellegrini claimed credit for Spain's success lollll.
tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Ironically, while also claimed Jose Mourinho wants "to take the credit for everything" in his earlier interview...

The Manchester City boss insisted the tactics he employed during his time in charge of Villarreal between 2004 and 2009 were eventually adopted by the Spain team that went on to carry all before them.

Spain clinched the European Championship crown in 2008, the World Cup in 2010 and were crowned kinds of Europe again in 2012.

Pellegrini said: "I changed the way they played in Spain, using loose midfielders instead of players in fixed positions. That was acquired by the Spain team".

"What I did at Villarreal was bigger than winning trophies. There I achieved what no one had ever done, and no one ever will.

"And I accomplished something no one had ever done at Malaga either. Then I went to Madrid and we had the best season in the club's history to that point, but didn't win trophies.

"I did things that no one did before. Is that a coincidence?"

=====================
This is so laughable, everyone knows that Spain's success was based on Real Madrid and epsecially Barca at their Prime (tiki taka). He's pretty HIGH recently... interview after interview.

Having said that, no one doubts his achievement in the Yellow Submarine was phenomenol... but saying this, especially after bashing Mourinho is purely dumb.

Comments
tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Sorry Manchester City's fans, this is not personal... but your boss was obviously high by the time the interview occurred lolll

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Sorry Manchester City's fans, this is not personal... but your boss is obviously high by the time the interview occurred lolll

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Spain's success was built from Guardiola and Barcelona. Not Real Madrid. Real used many foreign players in their lineup, and the style was completely different to Spain's.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I remember he did some great job in Spain, but maybe its a little exagerated here, his Villareal with Riquelme and co were playing one of the most beatiful Football of Spain, Malaga could have reached CL semi-finals under his reign if Dortmund didnt score 2 goals back to back in 90th and extra time, at Madrid things were much more complicated but he did an okay season. Its safe to say that Pellegrini was top 5 coaches of Spain last decade but the way he sees things may be a little exagerated...