Liverpool 41 419

what do u guys think of this?? good buy or bad

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

what do u guys think of this?? good buy of bad

Comments
SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

Depends how he adapts to the system. His playstyle reminds me of Ballotelli, and we all know how that went because Mario couldn't adjust.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

47 Mil euros ? Why signing from PL ? The prices are insane.

shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

^ you know what? as long they keep splashing the money this way i am ok with it. in the EPL i mean. for example AS Roma is asking 30mil for the young Romagnoli, excellent prospect, a possible future pillar of defence. AC Milan is trying to get him for 25mil; now, if Arsenal would go to them offering 45mil, at that point i would really be pissed off. as long they waste money in their league inflating the prices of their players, then i am totally ok with it.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

5 years from now, will mediocre players cost 100M

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Agree with @Shpalman here to an extent. I don't mind if the EPL overprice and overpay for players, but it will eventually affect all leagues. All players will want to play in the EPL for the money, and no one will want to play in the other leagues. It will be difficult for other teams to purchase EPL players because the asking prices are just going so damn high. I mean, 47.000.000 for Benteke (a rough equivalent in Euros), while Bacca cost 29.500.000 in comparison. Just look at the difference in price for them when Bacca is a better striker.

DatGuy 9 years ago
Manchester United, United States 4 20

@quikzy..that's a good question. if Sky and BT continue paying billions for tv rights, clubs will have a ton of money, rich owners will want to own english clubs, english clubs will buy cheaper foreigners, English players will cost 10 times their actual worth, transfer records will crumble like dominos, and English clubs will inflate their own player prices, European teams will be unable to match them for wages (esp. with the Euro as it is), and football will suck for it.

In the next two seasons, James Ward Prowse and Jack Grealish will all be linked in deals worth over 40 million. Max Meyer who is arguably better will leave Schalke for no more that 25 Mil

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Costa 33M euros, i think Spanish teams should start overpricing their players going to PL. Madrid did some good buisness selling Ozil + Di Maria for more than 130 millions.
Barça should stop selling with a fair price, if Benteke is 50M, Pedro should be 80Millions LOL, why not if its Liverpool or City the buyer club.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Ask your selves how many good strikers are out there on the market at his age ? He is already established EPL striker so no adaptation needed , plus he is 24 and has tons of room for improvement . Bacca is 28 ... one or two good season and he will go in decline . Liverpool needs a solid replacement when in case Sturridge is injured . They can't rely on Balotelli . That is what determines their price tags .

Aston villa on top wants to protect it is assets with buy out clause . They also want to become top club so why would they sell their top player for low price ? He signed extended 4 year contract just two years ago . That is another reason why price high . You all seem to look at this like you started following football yesterday .

Epl is becoming league of it is own with our own price market . EPL club can comfortably go to Italy or Spain and shop for a player ( except Barcelona and Real stores ) but if they try to buy from their rivals within the league then they will also will need to be ready to lay out some much bigger bid then outside of EPL club had to .

Good signing . He will come good if he stays clear from injuries .

Marcus2011 9 years ago

Costa was spot on price tag , because we were taking a risk buying a player who may possibly turn out to be like Roberto Soldado or Negredo . A player who was coming back from injury and has constant hamstring injury problems . It is like buying a car . There is a lot of things that determines final price .

Yeah i think we should also stop selling our top players with fair price because they constantly bring trebles and trophies for Barca . :))

Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tiki

There was a time in the past few years when Spanish teams forced other teams to exert the buy-out clause that they have, which was usually considered to be a ridiculous fee for the players. Perhaps our league should return to doing that again, forcing the EPL teams to pay absurd amounts of money for Spanish players. Or just negotiate high prices like Madrid had done for di Maria/Ozil.

• History

@Tiki

There was a time in the past few years when Spanish teams forced other teams to exert the buy-out clause that they have, which was usually considered to be a ridiculous fee for the players. Perhaps our league should return to doing that again, forcing the EPL teams to pay ridiculous fees for Spanish players. Or just negotiate ridiculous fees like Madrid had done for di Maria/Ozil.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Marucs every player can turn out to be flop, even top class striker, even if he's established in the league..

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited

Sure but do you want to buy young Benteke who scores for sure 15+ in EPL for the past 3 seasons or aging Bacca who is promising to score 15+ . Risking by buying Benteke seems to me a better option . Otherwise you risk of buying another Soldado . WHo not only flopped but has no room for improvement . At least with young BEnteke there is a chance to help him improve .

I did not check numbers , so it is just to make example .

• History

Sure but do you want to buy young Benteke who scores for sure 15+ in EPL for the past 3 seasons or aging Bacca who is promising to score 15+ . Risking by buying Benteke seems to me a better option . Otherwise you risk of buying another Soldado .

Sure but do you want to buy young Benteke who scores for sure 15+ in EPL for the past 3 seasons or aging Bacca who is promising to score 15+ . Risking by buying Benteke seems to me a better option . Otherwise you risk of buying another Soldado .

I did not check numbers , so it is just to make example .

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I wouldn't buy any of them. Problem solved. Balo can still have his best season ahead of him, and I think this may be one of his better, I'm sure he's more mature now since his dad died...

TheGame 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

So now Liverpool has Balotelli, Sturridge, Firmino, Origi, Ings and Benteke all as forwards? Borini and Lambert will leave this season, but I am still not sure how Rodgers will fit all those forwards into his 3-5-2 system without some unhappy campers. I still think that if United meet Benteke's release clause then he will most likely join us, but it is looking unlikely since The Guardian and BBC have said that the deal was secured by LFC and it is more likely that we will swap Di Maria for Cavani.

• History

So now Liverpool has Balotelli, Sturridge, Firmino, Origi, Ings and Benteke all as forwards? Borini and Lambert will leave this season, but I am still not sure how Rodgers will fit all those forwards into his 3-5-2 system without some unhappy campers. I still think that if United meet Benteke's release clause then he will most likely join us, but it is looking unlikely since The Guardian and BBC have said that the deal was secured by LFC and that we will most likely swap Di Maria for Cavanni.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@TheGame

Isn't Cavani a risky gamble now for United? He hasn't been the same since he joined PSG. He's been off-touch and inconsistent since he was pushed out on the wing because of Ibra, and hasn't been particularly effective as a striker either (when he's been given the chance). No doubt he's had some solid games over the last two years, but he just isn't the Cavani of Napoli anymore. Do you think purchasing him will be a worthy gamble or no?

TheGame 9 years ago

@D, you're right he hasn't shown as good of a form for PSG as he did for Napoli, with a prime reason being that he doesn't play in his natural position. With that being said, he still manages to get nearly 30 goals a season for PSG, which would help us tremendously. Overall though, I'd prefer Higuain or Lewandowski over him but agree that Cavani is a gamble, especially since I want Di Maria to stay.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@TheGame

Higuain has been extremely inconsistent since he's left Madrid. I would not recommend purchasing him from United's POV. You guys need a consistent striker who can deliver. Something like the van Nistelrooy days. Lewa would be great but I doubt you'll get him anytime soon. A solid transfer would've been Bacca, but he's gone to Milan.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Andy Caroll and Torres were Established in the league before flopping hard, just saying...

Its for me a big bargain again, you take a player who score 10 goals last year and 13 goals this year ( better check the stats ) from 28 games being the main threat and shooting PKs.
I dont even think he is much an improvement to Negredo who was Behind Aguero being the second threat or in the bench, not shooting set pieces and still in his first season he score 9 in the league, 5 in CL out of 8 games and im sure they would have same goals per minutes...

If we start to think like this @Marcus then Espagnol main threat Sergio Garcia and Elche number 9 Johnatas with both (14goals in the league ) are amazing and should move to the biggest clubs in Europe, but the reality is that they are good midtable little stars, scoring here and there but their limits are seen when competition is at its highest.

I only agree thats its a little improvement since he will replace Balotelli, but its not enough to compete for the title.
Liverpool spent in this transfer 108 millions euros, last year they spent more ( on Lallana, Balotelli, Emre, Moreno, Lovren, Markovic, Lambert ) : 168 millions euros.

Actually, the one who scout their players think exactly like you, they should have a powerful competitive squad with the money spent in one transfer window and a half, they should have bought 5 five stars players easily...

If i dont look to the numbers and players prices i would say that its a transfer window of a 5th-8th team, i just dont understand.

TheGame 9 years ago Edited

@D, What do you mean by inconsistent? Higuain is a goal machine who bagged 29 goals out of 56 games last season. Anyways lets move this conversation into a new thread I made regarding United's next striker since this is more about Liverpool. I also posted some stats. ![]()

• History

@D, What do you mean by consistent? Higuain is a goal machine who bagged 29 goals out of 56 games last season. Anyways lets move this conversation into a new thread I made regarding United's next striker since this is more about Liverpool. I also posted some stats. ![]()

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited

Problem Not really solved . Liverpool will be left with Sturridge who is injured till September . Sturridge who is injury prone . Ricky Lambert and Borini who will be gone . So do you want to rely on young Origi , inconsistent and stubborn Balotelli , ex Burnley forward Danny Ings ( who is good reserve player than starting 11 ) . Possibly Firmino , the guy who misses open net ?

Honestly , this is the first time when i completely support Rodgers choice . Benteke will come good and will be better . He has proven that he can play against top defenses and with Liverpool's creative players , he will only get better .

ok well @tiki and @quikzy

Who do you propose Liverpool should have got instead of him ? This will be interesting

• History

Problem Not really solved . Liverpool will be left with Sturridge who is injured till September . Sturridge who is injury prone . Ricky Lambert and Borini who will be gone . So do you want to rely on young Origi , inconsistent and stubborn Balotelli , ex Burnley forward Danny Ings ( who is good reserve player than starting 11 ) . Possibly Firmino , the guy who misses open net ?

Honestly , this is the first time when i completely support Rodgers choice . Benteke will come good and will be better . He has proven that he can play against top defenses and with Liverpool's creative players , he will only get better .

Who do you propose Liverpool should have got instead of him ?