Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Luís Carlos Almeida da Cunha c.k.a Nani
Marcus2011 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

He used be such a promising young prospect .

In his first season in United , he seemed like a clone of Ronaldo . Eventually overshadowed by Ronaldo , but in 2 seasons after it seemed like it was now his time to shine .

However, after Ronaldo's departure Nani began to find consistency. His form was dramatically improved and he got a long run in the side as a result. Over the next two seasons Nani became a key part of the United setup and, during this spell, nobody in the Premier League could match him for assists. He seemed to have finally stepped out of Ronaldo’s shadow and found his feet at Manchester United.

And again that did not last long .

He once again started to decline . We started to seem him rarely even on the bench . Now rummors say that he is nearing his United career and exit is inevitable .

PSG is rumored to be his destination or Juventus , in general many clubs are linked with Nani .

I always wonder what happened to this great promising player who once was promised to be one of world's best ? How come he is not starting even when he is perfectly fit ? Why Young starts ahead of him ? I thought Nani's performance at Everton was not the best but it was very good for someone who has not played much this season .

Even Welbeck starts ahead of Nani in Nani's position . What are your thoughts ?

edit :

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

He used be such a promising young prospect .

In his first season in United , he seemed like a clone of Ronaldo . Eventually overshadowed by Ronaldo , but in 2 seasons after it seemed like it was now his time to shine .

However, after Ronaldo's departure Nani began to find consistency. His form was dramatically improved and he got a long run in the side as a result. Over the next two seasons Nani became a key part of the United setup and, during this spell, nobody in the Premier League could match him for assists. He seemed to have finally stepped out of Ronaldo’s shadow and found his feet at Manchester United.

And again that did not last long .

He once again started to decline . We started to seem him rarely even on the bench . Now rummors say that he is nearing his United career and exit is inevitable .

PSG is rumored to be his destination or Juventus , in general many clubs are linked with Nani .

I always wonder what happened to this great promising player who once was promised to be one of world's best ? How come he is not starting even when he is perfectly fit ? Why Young starts ahead of him ? I thought Nani's performance at Everton was not the best but it was very good for someone who has not played much this season .

Even Welbeck starts ahead of Nani in Nani's position . What are your thoughts ?

Comments
kenkichiotaka 10 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

He is a great player,but he is too selfish,there were many times when he could have passed to other players in better positions to score goals he chose to shoot by himself.If he shows more team playing mentalities,I bet that he would be a key player for our team.

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Nani should be a starting XI player for United, no doubt. He just needs playing time. How on earth is Young playing more games than him? Nani needs to build his confidence again and he will prove he has what it takes. On portugal he has played very decently and when he played, even if it was just a few minutes this or last season he showed he still has what it takes to be a regular player on this specific squad.

Golden 10 years ago
35 693

Injuries have been key to his shortage of form. Whether or not he'll be back at his best, we'll just have to wait and see. As Tuanis hints to, he's been solid for Portugal virtually every time provided the chance. At the Euros he was brilliant - one of Portugal's top performers - despite injury worries and a decline in form before the tournament.

I'm glad he seems to get rid of his harmstring injury, with a first start for United since December in their last game. Although he may not see the form we know he's able to, I'd appreciate having him on the plane to Brazil.

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

So I assume you all confident he will stay ? Maybe premier league just does not suit him . Some players move to other league and flourish without injuries . Nani is build for La Liga in my opinion .

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I remember Nani and Cristiano Ronaldo were pretty close in style at Manchester United when Sir Alex signed him and he looked very promising back then and ready to replace Ronaldo after his departure to Real Madrid, but I'm not sure what happened to him was it the injuries or something else, I don't know.