Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mario Balotelli to Liverpool
quikzyyy 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Liverpool have agreed a £16million fee with AC Milan for Mario Balotelli.
MILAN - Mario Balotelli drove out of Milanello at 13.30 after saying good-bye to his team-mates and the club's press staff.

Sky sources learned on Thursday that Liverpool had approached Milan about the former Manchester City striker's availability just weeks after Brendan Rodgers denied making a move, and it appears things are moving along quickly.

Rodgers has made no secret of his wish to bring in a new forward following Luis Suarez's summer departure, but any chance of Balotelli coming appeared dead in the water earlier this summer.

Speaking on Liverpool's tour of the United States, Rodgers said: "I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool."

Rodgers was instead targeting Monaco's Radamel Falcao, but the Colombia striker's preference is a move to Real Madrid. Balotelli's three seasons at City were blighted by trouble, on and off the field, although he did manage 30 goals for the club in all competitions.

Seems like Liverpool already printing Balotelli's jersey, thoughts?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

MILAN - Mario Balotelli drove out of Milanello at 13.30 after saying good-bye to his team-mates and the club's press staff.

Sky sources learned on Thursday that Liverpool had approached Milan about the former Manchester City striker's availability just weeks after Brendan Rodgers denied making a move, and it appears things are moving along quickly.

Rodgers has made no secret of his wish to bring in a new forward following Luis Suarez's summer departure, but any chance of Balotelli coming appeared dead in the water earlier this summer.

Speaking on Liverpool's tour of the United States, Rodgers said: "I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool."

Rodgers was instead targeting Monaco's Radamel Falcao, but the Colombia striker's preference is a move to Real Madrid. Balotelli's three seasons at City were blighted by trouble, on and off the field, although he did manage 30 goals for the club in all competitions.

Seems like Liverpool already printing Balotelli's jersey, thoughts?

Comments
ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Who would've seen that coming!

Can't wait for Porridge and Balo to start playing together!

Fru_Toot 10 years ago
Manchester City, England 54 635

16m for balo is a steal!

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Damn.. and just for 16 m that's surely a steal and he is still 24 years old.. Would have loved him at Chelsea.

awais007 10 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

its a steal he is amazing

Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Unmanageable player (and I'm being jealous ;p).

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

A steal? Uhmn, it's not IMO. To me he will bring more trouble to Liverpool than what he can offer.

Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

^He may bring trouble but he's still a much better option than Torres or a 36 year old Drogba. I would have taken him in a heart beat and tried giving Milan Torres while buying Balo.

By the way, it seems like I've been against every one of your opinions today. xD

gagagoodlife 10 years ago
Chelsea, England 14 325

@Vendetta agreed, the risk he would have brought is less than the risk of depending on Drogba and Torres as back-up strikers.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He is not a player who can be managed. L'pool would be wise to sell him after a season or two for an even higher price.

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

For 16 million I would not mind putting up with his antics . He still brings good performances , just enough for rotation player .

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Tuan "A steal? Uhmn, it's not IMO. To me he will bring more trouble to Liverpool than what he can offer."

He won't bring as much trouble as Suarez Liverpool are used to that. And for a player with such quality 16m is a total bargain.

ArsenalGunners 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

didn't Arsenal make a higher bid than 16m for balotelli but got rejected ?

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Tough luck Gooners.

ArsenalGunners 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

^ lol yeah I'm sick of Giroud he played like an amateur vs Besiktas , no enthusiasm he was just walking when sanchez was setting up an attack .

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I don't know, I'm happy we didn't signed Mario.

knibis 10 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

who will Milan pick up instead?

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

oh god...Milan

Where are the Milan fans of this forum at? I would love to know their opinion about this.

Milan has just been signing free players and now they give away Balotelli for 16m?! What were they thinking? They will get relegated soon if they dont stop this nonsense.

Is this confirmed? I cant believe either the transfer or the price payed is real...

mladen 10 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

4 mil more than Long ? too much! I hope he will rise your team spirit with his celebrating. lolol

knibis 10 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

off topic but that Milan logo is classy

Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Balotelli needs to be more careful in England, or the press in England will make him very upset. If he can control his behaviours he can be very succesful. 16 M is a normal deal.