Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

W.T.F. Fiorentina wants €50m for Cuadrado... transfer these days are so ridiculous
tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

What has the world become???

Fiorentina asked Barca for Cuadrado a price of €50m. Seriously, the guy is good but aint that good, no CL appearances, no national team recognition... €30m at max.

I hope Barca dont response to this kind of ridiculous demand.... they need money for a proper CB anyway. Bayern and Manchester United also interested in him, so probably why they want such a price.

Seriously, the prices of the recent transfers are becoming ridiculous. Clubs everywhere are in deep debt shit... But constantly manipulate the transfer market, cause all kind of imbalances... Especially when in some countries the economy are pretty horrible... Big thanks to their sugar daddies.

And then their freakin WAGES... x.X

I understand they can talk about profit of selling stuffs (TV, jerseys etc...), but this is beyond bad. It's nothing new though :(. The FFP hasn't really worked just yet

A list of top 10 most expensive transfers this year and their salary....
http://www.financenews24.com/2013/07/30/the-top-10-most-expensive-football-transfers-in-2013-2014/

Comments
michaeldoctor1 10 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Spain 36 1151

I agree. He might have had a good season but come on. 50 mil.

liomessi10 10 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

he's woth that much. if it wasn't for him james probably would not have got a single world cup goal.
man u offering 28m is ridiculous.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

Are you saying James wouldn't perform without him, or wont score?

Uhmn, wrong. I dont think so.

He did well in the world cup with 4 assists and one pen goal against Japan, but half of his assists were James' main effort, not his assists though. I dont discredit him, but Im just up set with the world's transfer fees and wages.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Barça are ready to offer 35M, but if United and Bayern are still wanting the player, Fiorentina can benefit from it.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Barça are ready to offer 35M, but if United and Bayern are still wanting the players, Fiorentina can benefit from it.

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

i'm with Fiorentina on this one, there are worst players being sold for around the same prices so i don't understand why they should be the ones making the honest price. it's a bit like Roma, want Benatia? give us 60mil.

David Luiz at 50mil, that is a ridiculous one. it's funny, EPL clubs like to sell overpriced players, but they b!tch about it when they're the buyers.

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Well, maybe they ask for 50 millions because they don't want to see him leave.
In few years we will see transfer for 200 millions like it's nothing if big club spend that amount of money on one player.

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

^that is also a good reason. personally i'd see him better at Barcelona, but would he have space there? the guy is a fine player, deserves to start. in general as i wrote many times, i don't like the direction the transfermarkt is taking, it'll ruin football and most importantly many glorious clubs which will not be able to keep up. but again i don't see why Fiorentina shouldn't take advantage in this situation, at least they'd sell a fine player, not an overrated one.

Tuanis 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I believe this is basic economy.. There are clubs who are willing to offer more money than usual for those player so their price (all player's) is suddenly higher. Its just a drastic change in the demand of players in general and at the same time we have a lower than regular offer of quality players like Cuadrado...

Fiorentina is doing the right thing. Many top class wealthy clubs are looking to get Cuadrado so that price isnt crazy. You'll see he will be sold for around that amount.

Soon Di Maria is going to be sold to PSG for around 80m. When you compare that with the 100m payed for Ronaldo the 20m difference doesn't really reflect the difference between players. That really shows how things have changed in such a short time.

• History

I believe this is basic economy.. There are clubs who are willing to offer more money than usual for those player so their price (all player's) are suddenly higher. Its just a drastic change in the demand of players in general...

Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Time is a river. Transfer moneys and movements raised, so this kind of amounts will be normal time by time.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Well if Luiz is 50M, then he should be 200M. Pogba should be 300M and so on.

But that's PSG language. Cuadrado is worth about 35M in my opinion, but give or take a few.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

That's mine points everyone, the thing is of course players's prices would go up gradually.

But most of the ridiculous prices are offered by either the in-deep-DEBT-$hit clubs or oil/sugar-daddy clubs. They creates chaos in the transfer market and especially in wages... yeah including Manchester United and Rooney in particular...

This bubble is bad :(.

Ok, if we take some players (like Luiz etc) and compare to his price, of course it's reasonable price... But again, why not look at some other cheaper quality players... I meant he has never played in CL, this international performance never really sparks... 30M would be max

ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

In my opinion players shouldn't be sold for more than £1 million , but what can you do?

shpalman 10 years ago Edited
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

i wish it would work like the NBA. meanwhile just for a reference, MU is asking 19mil for Fellaini...

• History

i wish it would work like the NBA

Lodatz 10 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

All prices in Euros:

Cuadrado for 50m
Herrara for 36m
Griezmann for 30m
Schneiderlin for 30m
Vidal for 50m
Di Maria for 80m
Pogba for 60m
Rodriguez for 80m
Luiz for 50m
Lukaku for 34m

Oh those overpriced English player---oh wait.

Some of you people owe apologies.

Also: tuan_jinn and Tuanis are correct.

• History

Cuadrado for 50m
Herrara for 36m
Griezmann for 30m
Schneiderlinn for 30m
Vidal for 60m

Cuadrado for 50m
Herrara for 36m
Griezmann for 30m
Schneiderlinn for 30m
Vidal for 60m
Di Maria for 80m

Pogba for 60m

Cuadrado for 50m
Herrara for 36m
Griezmann for 30m
Schneiderlinn for 30m
Vidal for 60m
Di Maria for 80m
Pogba for 60m
Rodriguez for 80m

Oh those overpriced English player---oh wait. None of those transfers are even from English clubs, let alone English players.

Cuadrado for 50m
Herrara for 36m
Griezmann for 30m
Schneiderlin for 30m
Vidal for 60m
Di Maria for 80m
Pogba for 60m
Rodriguez for 80m
Luiz for 50m

All prices in Euros:

Cuadrado for 50m
Herrara for 36m
Griezmann for 30m
Schneiderlin for 30m
Vidal for 60m
Di Maria for 80m
Pogba for 60m
Rodriguez for 80m
Luiz for 50m
Lukaku for 34m

@shpalman:

"David Luiz at 50mil, that is a ridiculous one. it's funny, EPL clubs like to sell overpriced players, but they b!tch about it when they're the buyers."

Not really. It's not like anyone agreed that Luiz was worth 50m, is it? Everyone, including Chelsea fans, agreed that it was too much money for him. So why not point it out when Fiorentina are charging too much for their player? The only real difference is that United are not likely to pay it, whereas PSG did.

The only hypocrisy would be to continue to b!tch about the Premier League, and English players' prices, when it's staggeringly obvious that overpricing is everywhere.

• History

@shpalman:

"David Luiz at 50mil, that is a ridiculous one. it's funny, EPL clubs like to sell overpriced players, but they b!tch about it when they're the buyers."

Not really. It's not like anyone agreed that Luiz was worth 50m, is it? Everyone, including Chelsea fans, agreed that it was too much money for him. So why not point it out when Fiorentina are charging too much for their player?

The only hypocrisy would be to continue to bitch about the Premier League, and English players' prices, when it's staggeringly obvious that overpricing is everywhere.

@shpalman:

Not really. It's not like anyone agreed that Luiz was worth 50m, is it? Everyone, including Chelsea fans, agreed that it was too much money for him. So why not point it out when Fiorentina are charging too much for their player?

The only hypocrisy would be to continue to b!tch about the Premier League, and English players' prices, when it's staggeringly obvious that overpricing is everywhere.

ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

'Oh those overpriced English player---oh wait.'

That makes no sense to say Lodatz. This is imply because there are mo English players on the list.

Lodatz 10 years ago

^ That's entirely the point.

shpalman 10 years ago Edited
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@Lodatz
if you read the thread and comprehended the sense, then you wouldn't write what you wrote. we all agree about the fact that Cuadrado is overpriced, but in the current transfermarket situation i said: why not? theirs is a kind of provocation, again, like Roma did with Benatia.

i made the example recalling English clubs because here there's an English club involved as buyer, that's all, no need for apologies or further drama.

i wrote several times that overpricing happens everywhere, take a look here: http://footyroom.com/forum/football-talk/lallana-completes-move-to-liverpool-59674

i'm fine admitting that Cuadrado's price was blown up, what about being able to admit that Lallana was overpriced as well? nah, that wasn't the case right Lodatz?

• History

@Lodatz
if you read the thread and comprehended the sense, then you wouldn't write what you wrote. we all agree about the fact that Cuadrado is overpriced, but in the current transfermarket situation i said: why not? theirs is a kind of provocation, again, like Roma did with Benatia.

i made the example recalling English clubs because here there's an English club involved as buyer, that's all, no need for apologies or further drama.

i wrote several times that overpricing happens everywhere, take a look here: http://footyroom.com/forum/football-talk/lallana-completes-move-to-liverpool-59674

i'm fine admitting that Cuadrado's price was blown up, what about being able to admit that Lallana was overpriced as well? nah, that wasn't the case right Lodatz?

"if you read the thread and comprehended the sense, then you wouldn't write what you wrote."

No, I read what you said, and understood it perfectly, thank you. You're the one who decided to be bitchy about the English, using David Luiz as an example, not me. I just explained why what you were saying was wrong.

Sorry.

":i made the example recalling English clubs because here there's an English club involved as buyer, that's all, no need for apologies or further drama."

I was talking about everyone who whines about how they think that English players are 'over-priced', when even a cursory glance at the prices of non-English players proves this to be false. It's insulting to the English, it's used by trolls to pick fights, and it really should be apologized for,

If you're not one of those people, then you have nothing to worry about, do you?

"i'm fine admitting that Cuadrado's price was blown up, what about being able to admit that Lallana was overpriced as well? nah, that wasn't the case right Lodatz?"

Well, because as we have just covered, he WASN'T. He was simply priced according to the market. When you are pointing out Cuadrado as though he is 'just as overpriced' as Lallana, perhaps it should be noted that Lallana was HALF the price of Cuadrado, not an equivalent price-tag, despite them being roughly equivalent talents.

So, I was right, and still am. :) I'm still waiting for the people who disagreed with me to admit they were wrong. If those people are not going to do so, well, that's their own shame to deal with, but at the very least they could stop trying to pick holes in my perfectly correct statements.

• History

"if you read the thread and comprehended the sense, then you wouldn't write what you wrote."

No, I read what you said, and understood it perfectly, thank you. You're the one who decided to be bitchy about the English, using David Luiz as an example, not me. I just explained why what you were saying was wrong.

Sorry.

":i made the example recalling English clubs because here there's an English club involved as buyer, that's all, no need for apologies or further drama."

I was talking about everyone who whines about how they think that English players are 'over-priced', when even a cursory glance at the prices of non-English players proves this to be false. It's insulting to the English, it's used by trolls to pick fights, and it really should be apologized for,

If you're not one of those people, then you have nothing to worry about, do you?

"i'm fine admitting that Cuadrado's price was blown up, what about being able to admit that Lallana was overpriced as well? nah, that wasn't the case right Lodatz?"

Well, because as we have just covered, he WASN'T. He was simply priced according to the market. When you are pointing out Cuadrado as though he is 'just as overpriced' as Lallana, perhaps it should be noted that Lallana was HALF the price of Cuadrado, not an equivalent example.

So, I was right, and still am. :) I'm still waiting for the people who disagreed with me to admit they were wrong.

Sorry.

Well, because as we have just covered, he WASN'T. He was simply priced according to the market. When you are pointing out Cuadrado as though he is 'just as overpriced' as Lallana, perhaps it should be noted that Lallana was HALF the price of Cuadrado, not an equivalent example.

So, I was right, and still am. :) I'm still waiting for the people who disagreed with me to admit they were wrong. If those people are not going to do so, well, that's their own shame to deal with, but at the very least they could stop trying to pick holes in my perfectly correct statements.

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

"Lallana was HALF the price of Cuadrado, not an equivalent price-tag, despite them being roughly equivalent talents."

oh please Lodatz...