Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

A sleeping giant revived?
amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

We always love these. Valencia are second in La Liga in the La Liga after 10 games, ahead of the likes of Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla. In this same stage last season, they had sacked a manager and I believe they were in the relegation zone. Valencia were once a team consistently making it into quarter finals and semi finals of Champions League finals.

Unfortunately for them, they were bought by Peter Lim. He made quite a lot of mistakes, like putting too much faith in recruitment with Jorge Mendes, and the signings he made weren't so good. They appointed managers without a lot of experience, kept making poor signings and under preformed to the point of being in the relegation zone for quite a while last season. They got 18 losses last season, nearly half of their games!

They've had to change a lot of things, like bring in a new president, a new managing director, a new manager called Marcelino, who can set up his team to play excellent counter attacking football. They've signed players from either big teams or big money that didn't do so well, like Kondogbia and Zaza, and their form is being rediscovered due to Valencia's excellent coaching.

They are currently on a 7 game winning run, and this season they have already played Real Madrid, Sevilla, Socidad, and Atletico Madrid. Also, they are not in Europe, which will give them an advantage in the league

What are your thoughts? Will they get into the Champions League space for next season

Comments
raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Not at all, PSG is stacked in first team and already have some good subs and even future players coming through. Left wing is taken by Neymar and there is no chance anyone will take that away from him.

I wasnt aware Konami were losing that much ground to FIFA but I think overall FIFA sell way more at least in Europe and Americas.

Kondogbia flopped at Inter but that was during a period were there was little to no good going on at the club, even Jesus joined us from Inter. I think we have a really solid foundation with the right formula to make the players work, and thats the key. Paulista, Jesus, Kondogbia, Zaza, Guedes were all outted but found their footing in Valencia.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Darn, I actually forgot we had a Valencia fan on the forum lol. I too have a question, but a little more of an open one. Did Dortmund's side of 2012/13 somewhat remind you of Valencia's golden days? I ask because seeing the picture of Gotze and Reus made me wonder if you liked them, as in your second team. I mean they did have some similar styles.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Amir not remind me exactly but I knew Kuba's cousin personally and he introduced me to them back in like 2011. At that time they were already becoming German champs. I followed them after that and well the partnership between Gotze and Reus, him being one of my favorite players, was great to watch. 2013 BVB was pretty amazing in the way they attacked and its a shame they didnt lift the CL. It would have kept the squad together instead of being picked apart by Bayern.