Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

accounts only allowed to comment?
Fru_Toot 11 years ago
Manchester City, England 54 635

on match highlights around 80% of people are plain trolls which ruin the site. i like this site but the non account people are just ruining it. i think FootyRoom should disable people without accounts to post and you need an account to post comments because its not fair for the good people. what do you think? Do you people agree?

Comments
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

No... 50% of good posts come from non accounters aswel.

Fru_Toot 11 years ago

ramaboy yeah some are good but when a team loses or does bad other team supporters bash on the loser team and creates arguments and write stuff like cheater or make fun of the team name and most of the non users are probably 10 year old idiots. If you have a account then you can comment and if you troll with a account then ban them. then the website will be better.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

It only takes a minute to create an account -- I think many folks will do so, in order to be able to comment. Like Fru_Toot says, that then gives FR some control over the trolling output.

Fru_Toot 11 years ago

yeah Lodatz but if you get banned and decide to make a new account you will need to make a new e-mail which is boring and quite long.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Exactly. I agree with you. :)

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

will slow traffic to the site and that is why FR wont do it already imo. should be done tho !

Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

I've desperately tried to get this implemented as I completely agree with it but just seems as if it won't ever happen, FR said they are working on something but no idea when this will be.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

They won't do it because without it they get more views and comments. If people wanted accounts they'd make one. 

Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

@raimondo, Unfortunately that is probably the case, but the way I've always seen it is, how many people are turned away from this site and put off by registering by the comments and immaturity they see in the highlights section, because I would guess it's a lot. It needs to be more professional and user friendly, at the moment it encourages idiots and immature children.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Yeah if I had to guess the average age of people commenting on highlights it would be 11-18. Half the people just comment to instigate a fight and troll. Stupid in my eyes why someone would waste their time like that.