Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

After Godin, Griezmann leave Atletico
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

It was recently announced that Griezmann would leave Atletico this summer. This is a punch in the gut of their fans, first Godin and now Grizou is gonna leave. Thought? Where is he going? Barca?

Comments
raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I think it was announced he'd join Barca. That means coutihno is gone.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Is there a reason why Atletico is turning into a sinking ship? Losing those two might prove to be a catastrophe for the club.

Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

They’ve always been a selling club but even so, to sell core players without having newly ready core players to 100% take over seems a bit .. strange is it because of their new stadium?

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@iHEART I agree, especially considering Godin would have propably stayed if they would have made the effort of offering more than a single year. :(

@Greatone Its not even a question of selling or not. Griezmann want to leave and he got a release clause that will go down to 120M this summer while they weren't able to renew Godin contract because they only offered him a single year.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

Diego Godin is aging, and Griezemann can give you nice cash in the bank. So its far from being a sinking ship as long as they get to UCL. They are probably not winning the la liga title, but it feels like they have run into some kind of status quo situation with Griezemann. So in terms of la liga competitiveness, its not that big of a loss. With the money he will generate they can compete for younger/big names. Some new Ajax/Porto/Benfica etc rising stars wouldnt be farfetched.

ATM biggest loss would be to lose D Simeone.

And if Barca gets Griezemann, Suarez is probably out (and/or Coutinho)...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Diego Godin is aging, and Griezemann can give you nice cash in the bank. So its far from being a sinking ship as long as they get to UCL. They are probably not winning the la liga title, but it feels like they have run into some kind of status quo situation with Griezemann. With the money he will generate they can compete for younger/big names. Some new Ajax/Porto/Benfica etc young rising star wouldnt be farfetched.

Diego Godin is aging, and Griezemann can give you nice cash in the bank. So its far from being a sinking ship as long as they get to UCL. They are probably not winning the la liga title, but it feels like they have run into some kind of status quo situation with Griezemann. So in terms of la liga competitiveness, its not that big of a loss. With the money he will generate they can compete for younger/big names. Some new Ajax/Porto/Benfica etc young rising star wouldnt be farfetched.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

As Chelsea fan we can only dream.

Madridista11 5 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Griez leaving was inevitable. In fact I'm sure Atleti was planning on it because they cannot afford to keep him with his demands. And now that Godin is out they can finally breath and find a replacement at the back.

Do they need to replace Griezmann? I think a new system has to be implemented. Morata is looking comfortable again. Maybe Thomas Lemar can be asked to do more. Whatever it is I'm sure Atleti were waiting for this day to come

_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited

Lemar could definitely improve his game. He hasnt really been able to mash well with Griezemann, not in the NT and not really in ATM. So he might get bigger room to shine... which could turn out to be a win as he is relatively similar to Griezemann in his play.Also, instead of Godin they could also try and get maybe Otamendi/Lindelof/Umtiti... with the last one maybe be a part of the deal with Barca for Griezemann.

The core of ATM is relatively intact, even with loss of G-G. So no panic for ATM imo.

Finally, with money from Griezemann they could make a serious move on Dybala that is said not be that happy. I think he would be perfect for ATM. But I can also see other teams like chelsea (with money from Hazard) go at him too.

• History

Lemar could definitely improve his game. He hasnt really been able to mash well with Griezemann, not in the NT and not really in ATM. So he might get bigger room to shine... which could turn out to be a win as he is relatively similar to Griezemann in his play.Also, instead of Godin they could also try and get maybe Otamendi/Lindelof/Umtiti... with the last one maybe be a part of the deal with Barca for Griezemann.

The core of ATM is relatively intact, even with loss of G-G. So non panic for ATM imo.

The core of ATM is relatively intact, even with loss of G-G. So no panic for ATM imo.

Finally, with money from Griezemann they could make a serious move on Dybala that is said be mot that happy. I think he would be perfect for ATM. But I can also see other teams like chelsea (with money from Hazard) go at him too.

Benchod 5 years ago
Barcelona 3 294

So I made a thread about griezmann leaving atletico before emobot even made a thread about it but I fucking got banned for a month for making a PERFECTLY FINE post? What the hell is wrong with the moderators?

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

When your account name is “Benchod”... it already speaks volumes about you. You should rather ask whats wrong with you.

Benchod 5 years ago
Barcelona 3 294

Don't know what's wrong with benchod unless you have some kind of mental problem

Benchod 5 years ago
Barcelona 3 294

Oh and what has my name got to do with a PERFECTLY FINE thread being removed ? Stop going off topic I have seen people with inappropriate usernames or pictures yet nothing happened to them .

Benchod 5 years ago Edited
Barcelona 3 294

Well I did not know that. Anyways there was a gaming character called benchod so don't be one to judge. If my username is bad but I behave accordingly then I don't see why there's a problem so go mind your own business low life and try to get others banned you don't even know . You aren't even a mod to be yelling me what to and not to do especially a username which is harmless get out of here

• History

Well I did not know that. Anyways there was a gaming character called benchod so don't be one to judge. If my username is bad but I behave accordingly then I don't see why there's a problem so go mind your own business low life and try to get others banned you don't even know

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

They aren’t selling club anymore, they made everything for him to stay. 20 mil wages when he was agreeing 12 mil wages with Barca securing El Cholo being the highest paid coach in the world.
Big clubs are activating players buyout clauses, they didn’t wanted to buy Hernandez to Bayern nor Griezmann...
It is what it is, they are paying their CL finals consecutive losses, they aren’t labeled yet as a final destination club yet. But I respect them they are trying to get there. They bought Felix from Benfica and still will spend in the transfer market.

They aren’t selling club anymore, they are biggest tickets earners this season and increased their fan base and earnings with work and pitch results... they got my respect.