Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal Fans Love Links To Torreira Say He's Better Than Kante
247sportalert 6 years ago
Rosenborg, Nigeria 10 24

enter image description hereArsenal fans are absolutely losing it over the links to Sampdoria midfielder Lucas Torreira, praying their club can get a deal over the line. Earlier this week, Gazzetto Dello Sport claimed Arsenal had entered the race to sign Torreira, alongside the likes of Napoli and Borussia Dortmund.

After Calciomercato said “Arsenal mean business” in the hunt for Torreira, local outlet sampnews24 have now added fuel to the fire, saying the Gunners have actually agreed a deal with the club.

According to the report out of Sampdoria, the Italian club are happy for Arsenal to trigger the midfielder’s €25m (£22m) release clause, and are just waiting for terms to be agreed with the player.

The feisty Uruguayan is heavily linked with a move to Napoli as Jorginho’s replacement, so reports should certainly be taken with a pinch of salt, but there is definitely interest from the Gunners.

Unai Emery is likely to instil a high tempo pressing style at the Emirates, and the tenacious Torreira would be a perfect fit alongside Granit Xhaka, allowing the Swiss international to fire on all cylinders. https://247sportalert.blogspot.com/2018/06/arsenal-fans-love-links-to-torreira-say.html

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

So apparently, the move is close to happening. Arsenal even paid more than his release clause to get him it seem. Hope he is as good as they expect him to be. :)

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Haven't seem much, but he plays for Sampdoria, a good team. I just hope he develops under Emery. Preferably would have got someone with more experience, but as long as he does good, no problem.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Cant say this is a good purchase or a bad one yet.

But its sad to see Arsenal might be out of top 6 :(

amir_keal 6 years ago

I disagree, top 6 should be the bare minimum. We can't get any worse. With this being Emery's first season, I'd personally be happy with a top 4 and a cup along the way. We aren't one of the best teams in EPL, but I feel we are going to be more motivated as a team. Not to mention, we have one of the best ST in the world who simply knows how to get goals. Aubameyang could fit in any team, we are lucky to have him.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Amir Please tell me you are playing with 2 striker upfront with both Auba and Laca, please! :(

Edit: Please!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Amir Please tell me you are playing with 2 striker upfront with both Auba and Laca, please! :(

amir_keal 6 years ago

Aubameyang will start. As for Lacazette, not as sure.

Rumours are that Emery does not see Lacazette as a starter, but I'm hoping Lacazette comes strong and fights for his spot. I want him starting alongside Aubameyang.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Arsenal may become the first club that can prove that form is temporary and class as well.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Marcus2011 C'est pas très gentils ça. ;P

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

inb4 Emery surprises absolutely everyone and will make something special. (one can dream)

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@quikzyyy Give him some time and he will do good by Arsenal. ;)

247sportalert 6 years ago
Rosenborg, Nigeria 10 24

@Emobot7 Like how much time? bear in mind that Arsenal currently can't afford to wait for such. They need result and they need it fast

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@247sportalert Arsenal are a patient team, it took them year for them to have Arsene step down despite him failing to win trophy year in and out. The least they could do is give a season or two to his replacement.

amir_keal 5 years ago

Whoever bought Torreira into Arsenal, I love you.

Words can’t describe how good this guy is. I don’t care how much hype he gets, he’s earned it. I was cautious about him, but this guy keeps pulling MOTM performances. Such a great CDM, decent passing ability, excellent passion. If we want top 4, we need him fit for the whole season. By far our most important player.

Notice in the 2 games we’ve lost, he hasn’t started. And literally any time he gets subbed off, you can see his effect. Love him.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'm inviting whoever idea it was to buy this little god for a dinner, you can even shag my gf.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@quikzyyy If I say it was me, will you believe it?

@amir Yeah, he look like he is working great for Arsenal, really important player and it was great that he got himself a goal against Spurs. :D

amir_keal 5 years ago

His goal was coming, was unfortunate in the last few games but what a celebration! You could see this guy's passion, top notch lad.

I hope we get 3 points to United, usually I'm very cautious as an Arsenal fan, and we once lost to their B team, but this time, I think with Emery after adapting his formation to help Kolasinac, bold and brave to make decisions, I think we'll get the win. I want Pogba and Rashford to start, people can argue but I don't rate them very highly. Both potential players who barely use it. Lukaku has a dead touch, but I still think he poses a bigger threat in front of goal than Rashford.

If Spurs won 3 0, we can get 3 points and elliminate United's hopes of top 4. COYG!!

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Emobot7 you can come any time you want man!

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Pleased to see Torreira play, really good player.
Arsenal got only one area to worry about, defense. Second best attack of the league, Guendouzi-Toreira have big progression margin. But Arsenal have worst defense of top 6 reason why they aren’t close of the big 2 in the title race. Some individual mistakes costed them precious points. Emery is doing great job and I believe if they get some quality addition in the back they may get very lethal as a team.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

one Koulibaly in january, thank youuu

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

^ Or Boateng who is cheaper, Kimpembe got also chances because he loves Emery.

Let’s not forget Koscielny recovery ;)