Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal Sign Lukas Podolski For £11m
GunnerAFC 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Lukas Podolski insists he is joining Arsenal to play at the highest level of European football.

The German striker agreed to sign for the Gunners in a £11million deal earlier this season but the transfer has now been officially confirmed by his current club Cologne.

Podolski said: 'The move to Arsenal provides a great opportunity for me to gain experience in international competitions at a top European club. I have made this decision not against Cologne but for this great opportunity and the good of my own individual development. This was not an easy decision for me at all, as Cologne, our fans and the city are something special for me. I will always carry Cologne in my heart. We need to pool our strengths now and have to be fully focused on our survival in the Bundesliga.'

Podolski's contract was due to expire next year and Arsenal acted quickly to wrap up his signature before the summer.

Cologne chief executive Claus Horstmann said: 'Lukas Podolski is a player of world class standing with a special relation to FC Cologne's fans and to the city.

I'm delighted with this signing! How do my fellow gooners feel about this? And anyone else who is interested in this report.

Comments
GunnerAFC 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

FR, if you are able to delete my thread, then do so. Quickzyyy already made a thread earlier but I didn't notice. =/

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!! finally it's done! i can't wait for the start of the new season! wich number do you think he will wear?

udikman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Indonesia 21 323

Sounds bright future for him and better season for gooners, , ,

GunnerAFC 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

I was wondering what number he was going to get as well, lol.

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

Gongratiolations Arsenal fans

Ihaveabbc 12 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

A very well done deal by Arsenal for a much too underrated player.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

He should be good...

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Podolski will have to adjust to the EPL the way Mertesacker did and I think Merte did ok so far. Bundesliga players are used to a winter break, that's something that the EPL doesn't do and Mertesacker's injured because of it. I worry that Podolski may go the same way but you never know. Podolski's stronger foot is his left as well so I wondering how Wenger's gonna fit him in :/ I believe this will really boost morale overall, Great transfer.  

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Just hope he won't be benched.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

That's more like it!  Being proactive and making good signings early on.  A top class CAM/playmaker is what we definitely need most now. Getting a strong Defensive mid would be the icing on a very sweet cake.

pikachu 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 15

He's still just 26... RVP and Poldoski partership ? just hope it works out for them... i think it's about time they won something....

GunnerGo 12 years ago

We need to sell our deadwood, we need a reliable CB, maybe a good LB that we can take on loan but if we can buy one it'll be perfect, and we need a good CAM, i really don't think that we need a defensive Mid, we have Song, Frimpong and Diaby for that position.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@GunnerGo: I think we need someone who can play in any of the defensive positions when needed. The one person that I would LOVE to come to the Gunners with that ability is Vertonghen from Ajax. I've been keeping an eye on him these last 2 years. He is a versatile, quick, and good with his feet... he is a perfect fit for Arsenal style.  The only thing that worries me is that he is a bit pricey.  Still I would def. dish out the money for him.  I want our rear to be a modernized version of Adams/Keown... Strong/Imposing but quick and able to play from the back.

GunnerGo 12 years ago

@Footaholic: Oh yeah totally agree with you, i've been a fan of Vertonghen since last season and i would really love if he come in the summer, but i don't know why, and i hope i'm wrong, that Wenger won't sign a classy player apart from Podolski, and that's a contrast to the good news that we have come up with Podolski. But i really trust in Wenger for this summer, the signing of Podolski shows us how comitted he is to finally bring trophies to the long and tedious drought we have suffered, i have my fingers crossed for Vertonghen.

kenkichiotaka 12 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

Hope he does well at Arsenal!!!

Economist 12 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain, France 1 79

Hurray!

Economist 12 years ago

He must be a great partner for captain van Persie... now the next target is Eden Hazard!!

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

@Economist  : Hazard is overrated, most of his goals are scored by penalty.

Economist 12 years ago

@Footaholic Yeah, Vertonghen must be the great option of ours. He can play on the positions of both CB and CDM; the multiplayer who we definitely need.

Economist 12 years ago

@expertfootball11 Really?? Actually, I've not watched the matches of Ligue 1 that often...