Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal under Emery
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

So, after seeing Arsenal vs City and Chelsea, I can officially say that I personally like them better now than when they played under Wenger. There is still problem though. For example, they really should focus on converting the occasion they create for themselve. They also need to keep the momentum when they got it going. But how do feel about their last two games and how they've been playing recently? Better than last season or not at all?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, after seeing Arsenal vs City and Chelsea, I can officially say that I personally like them better now than when they played under Wenger. There is still problem though. For example, they really should focus on converting the occasion they create for themselve. But how do feel about their last two game and how they've been playing recently? Better than last season or not at all?

Comments
SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't think anyone expects it to get fixed overnight. But if Arsenal had put away even half of the those pullbacks, they win the game comfortably.

That being said, the main issue with Arsenal over the last decade has almost always been defensive, and I see nothing that suggests that will change. I still have them pegged as well outside the top 4.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Yeah, if only Auba and Mikhi would have kept those shot on target. :( And yeah, defense is a huge problem. Sokratis still got a lot to prove in my opinion, I know he was a key figure in BVB defense but considering how many goal they let in last season, thats not exactly a good thing. :( Also, Sun, weren't the one who thought Arsenal should be able to bring out more out of Mustafi?

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

They should be. He isn't some random CB, he's a guy who started in the Euros for Germany and was pretty dominant everywhere pre-Arsenal.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Wenger in.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Sokratis was worse than Mustafi from what I saw. Had no idea where Pedro was in the build up for his goal, and made no attempt to catch Morata.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Emery, who's only been tested for 2 games, is taking over a manager who's been running the club for 22 years. Cut him some slack, there really is no need to start comparing him with anyone. What's more important is how he'll do after two seasons with Arsenal.

• History

Emery, who's only been tested for 2 games, is taking over a manager who's been running the club for 22 years. Cut him some slack, there really is no need to start comparing him with anyone. What's more important right now is how he'll do after two seasons with Arsenal.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Is not looking good

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

i am not impressed by the fact that emery comes in, when simeone and allegri are there to be approached.... the board and owner smh .....

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

Guys! I'm talking about manner over results right now. The manner in which he lost was still convincing in my sense, meaning that with a bit more luck, those lose could have been win. Which is a very good sign for me. But like Sun said, he need to fix the defense before any change of turning thing around for Arsenal.

@iHEART Indeed, he need to be given time, yet I still think the first few sign are positive despite the defeat.

@baldgenius Pherhap, but the thing is, Emery is there, so its a question of considering how good did he do his job until now? Personally, considering he played against the two latest PL champion one after another, I do believe he did had decent games as manager.

@Eden17 True that, he was obviously taken flat-footed. Like I said, I think he has a lots to prove, playing without Hummels really exposed him at BVB... :(

• History

Guys! I'm talking about manner over results right now. The manner in which he lost was still convincing in my sense, meaning that with a bit more luck, those lose could have been win. Which is a very good sign for me. But like Sun said, he need to fix the defense before any change of turning thing around for Arsenal.

@iHEART Indeed, he need to be given time, yet I still think the first few sign are positive despite the defeat.

@baldgenius Pherhap, but the thing is, Emery is there, so its a question of considering how good did he do his job until now? Personally, considering he played against the two lastest PL champion one after another, I do believe he did had decent games as manager.

@Eden17 True that, he was obviously taken flat-footed. Like I said, I think he has a lots to prove, playing without Hummels really exposed him at BVB... :(

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

There is still problem though.

XHAKA and MUSTAFI

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Xhaka everytime. He strikes a long range ball well, but that’s about it. Gifts possession and is a liability defensively.

ramaboy10 6 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

They played meh against Chelsea, they could've definitely won if the finishing wasn't dreadful.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

iHEARTfootball said it best, Emery is not suddenly going to change everything in one day. My personal target was top 4 and any trophy, and even then depending on how things go I'd still be willing to give him extra time.

Now, with the way Emery plays, he wants us to push and press high. I have no problem playing this way, but we are going to need a pacy CB that can cover for the other CB. You can get someone big like Mina, but I don't think he would solve the problem, since Chelsea were either stretching us wide or launching long balls. In other words, even though we did concede 5 goals, I'm more worried about the unit than the actual CB pairing. That being said, I feel the 2nd goal was kinda preventable, but i won't throw fingers at anyone.

The biggest problem this season was more towards the attacking side, especially Aubameyang. Of course, he is an excellent ST, but he should be more active and more clinical in bigger games, especially when players like Ozil are widely known to 'ghost' in bigger games.

With that being said, I don't see this getting in the way of a potentially good season. Assuming we pick up even a point at West Ham, the last time we had that low point tally was 11/12, and that season we got 3rd. Now I know a higher point tally is needed, but our team now is better than the team back then imo.

COYG!!

expertfootball11 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Player's mentality. Even if you put all the best coaches in the world, if they can't change one's mentality, reboost them, nothing will ever improve.
I believe the fans wanted to see Wenger out not because they were finishing Top 4 or just FA Cup, which is the goal for this year, apparently. It's just they've got tired of losing against big teams with ridiculous scorelines like 8-2 or 5-1.
Emery started off unlucky with City and Chelsea to deal with, he already lost both of the games. Of course he needs time, but don't be shocked if he ends up failing.

• History

Player's mentality. Even if you put all the best coaches in the world, if they can't change one's mentality, reboost them, nothing will ever improve.

amir_keal 6 years ago

You have a point, Bellerin was obviously tired after tons of running under the new tactics had to deal with a fresh Kovacic and Hazard. Someone should have really helped him out on that side and just been like the leader. At the same time, improvements is possible.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

They need to fix their defend.

I think they are doing fine, not much better. it's still too early to make any statement. Arsenal under Wenger can have some brilliant attacking football too then choke in defend.

I dont think anyone in their right mind expect them to change overnight, but do expect them to have some beast attacking force which they seem to show.

Somehow I think they would make top 4 if they fix their defend just a bit more.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The squad quality is 6th of the league imo, it would be overachieving if they make it top 4, let alone contend.
Xhaka has bad decisions making, he is at best a midtable PL player and I told it from the signing, a screamer from time to time is not enough to be a staring gunner and replace the likes of Patrick Viera, Bergcamp and co legacy in midfield.
Even buying Aubameyang and selling Giroud while you got Lacazette is not smart move, you can’t play both, you sell your joker and create an ego bomb able to explode any time.
This with the selling of the best player Alexis and keeping weak areas of the field unchanged.

Arsenal buisness lacks ambition and vision imo, Emery or Wenger can’t do shit imo. I know I’m being rude but I actually believe what I’m saying, maybe too rude on some players but you can’t get inexperienced players in addition to an inexperienced squad and compete with Man City.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

This with the selling of the best player Alexis and keeping weak areas of the field unchanged.

was hardly the best player in the end with his toxic attitude.

amir_keal 6 years ago

You can’t blame the guy though, he gave it all and they ended up getting terrible results. 10 2 to Bayern was probably the worst especially even since he was subbed out in the 2nd game. He wanted CL football and a better chance to win trophies, which he chose to do at United.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I agree, you can't entirely blame him. Says for the same reason, Van Persie moved to us. :).

I could see whenever he was on the field he threw 100% out there for Arsenal