Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal's season to come
Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

Anyone else feel disappointed? No one was really hoping for us to be title challengers, but.. we've shown glimpses of being a strong side that can play really amazingly, like the games against Spurs and Chelsea where we played with so much passion. But there are SOOO many games where we are just utter shit.

Once again I don't feel all that optimistic for the future as we just seem to keep on repeating the same mistakes / having the same problems.

Fuckin transfer guru leaves (wonder why), injury list piling up (yet again), players playing inconsistently -with no signs of changing (the biggest offender plays nearly every week - Iwobi) and inconsistent team picking (notice how our undefeated run was based on the same core players - also still doesnt want to play laca and auba together much or takes laca off early)

Of course its the first year with Emery but.. there's no visible difference/improvement from previous years.

I want to know what you guys think on it, maybe i'm being overly pessimistic.

attached is an artist's impression of Arsenal's next tactical formation, what do you think our odds are of exploding into action with this formation?enter image description here

Comments
cjmling 5 years ago
Barcelona, Brazil 2 27

i'm here just for the lineup pic :)

enter image description here

amir_keal 5 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

It's fine, fact is we are the 6th best team in the league, anything above that is an accomplishment. That being said, at home we're one of the best in the world, away from home we're really crap. That department needs to improve because we're like 8th in that.

Also, before the Cardiff game we had the 3rd best defense at home, and the 3rd worst defense away. Obviously both stats have changed, but there's something seriously wrong defensively away because we can score anywhere.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It's fine, fact is we are the 6th best team in the league, anything above that is an accomplishment. That being said, at home we're one of the best in the world, away from home we're really crap. That department needs to improve because we're like 8th in that.

Greatone 5 years ago

but the thing is, even at home we look shaky defensively, its just that we dominate the game more and so less chances to get beat, looking at basic stats like that you can make it sound alright, but you look at the team and you know there's talent, just that most of that talent is somehow super inconsistent, there's a real potential for growth but they keep making the same mistakes and so it shows they aren't motivated to learn; to grow..

I know we aren't the best team, far from it, but recruitment is just gonna get worse and worse when more players realise that Arsenal is the next West Ham or Everton (selling the idea that the team will do well to recruit players but never achieving shit)

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

how do you fit 6 "great" teams into a top 4 lol? by the looks of now only goals can save arsenal's result, 10 years of talking about centre backs come on lol.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

recruitment is just gonna get worse and worse when more players realise that Arsenal is the next West Ham or Everton

oh cmon, okay, we lost Sven, so? BVB is doing fine without him, I'm glad he found Matteo for us, but it's time to move.

Greatone 5 years ago

oh cmon, okay, we lost Sven, so? BVB is doing fine without him, I'm glad he found Matteo for us, but it's time to move.

sven is a part of it, but how many years does it take outside of champions league for signings to reconsider unless we are overpaying? ( which we never do) - football is a fickle sport..

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

we have signed Laca & Auba without UCL. Both, United or Chelsea would take them without any hesitation.

The fact, that we got Suarez with option to buy, is amazing piece of business as Barcelona wanted obligation. It will take time as we are going through the transition and loosing tons of money due to Gazidis and contract management. If we get back to Champions League I believe we will be on the right way of getting back. Without being in UCL it's hard for us, as Arsenal is using sustainable model without any investing by owner.

Greatone 5 years ago

you are talking about signings from the wenger era. say what you want about wenger but he had a reputation, its what im talking about before, clubs gain reputations. our reputation is already of a team with no ambition, wenger's presence alone managed to still bring in transfers, suarez came, most likely because of his old connection with emery, football is a very "contact" based game.

we are arsenal aha, our transition has been the last decade, im not saying i dont have ANY hope, its just that the same mistakes keep getting made.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

but the thing is, even at home we look shaky defensively, its just that we dominate the game more and so less chances to get beat, looking at basic stats like that you can make it sound alright, but you look at the team and you know there's talent, just that most of that talent is somehow super inconsistent, there's a real potential for growth but they keep making the same mistakes and so it shows they aren't motivated to learn; to grow..

Yeah, true I suppose.