Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Atletico Madrid
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So, they won the Europa league in a pretty convincing manner in the end. Glad to see them with a trophy, even if it isn't one of the biggest one out there. Still, one have to wonder, is it better to win Europea League than to lose in CL final? What do you guys think?

And share your thought on Atletico victory in Europa League and what you think about it when compared with the two time they reached the CL final in recent years.

Comments
kyoekyar 6 years ago Edited
12 163

CL finalist is much harder to achieve in term of opponents you have to beat along the way. Europa is pretty easy, so a team with decent squad can capitalize it without having much troubles. AT this year and man united last year.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

CL finalist is much harder to achieve in term of opponents you have to beat along the way. Europa is pretty easy, so a team with decent squad can capitalize. AT this year and man united last year.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@kyoekyar Yeah, but at least, winning Europa league give you something. A real trophy. Can't say the same about losing CL final. :( Still, I get your point, I just feel losing CL is just dissapointing in the end.

kyoekyar 6 years ago Edited
12 163

yeah A TROPHY. AT deserves it and Simeone deserves it more. Athough I personally didn't like Simeone before (I hated him when he got Beckham sent off. I've rooted England in euro 96, WC 98 and euro 2000 until I realized they would never became such a team, it's off topic and I just wanted to point out why I hated Simeone), He's a really good manager. One of the best (if not the best) in the world.

• History

yeah A TROPHY. AT deserves it and although I personally didn't like Simeone before (I hated him when he got Beckham sent off. I've rooted England in euro 96, WC 98 and euro 2000 until I realized they would never became such a team, it's off topic and I just wanted to point out why I hated Simeone), He's a really good manager. One of the best (if not the best) in the world.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

it's always better to win a trophy. a trophy is a trophy. there's hundreds of teams in the top flight and a handful of trophies. count your blessings.

• History

it's always better to win a trophy. a trophy is a trophy. there's hundreds of teams in the top flight and a handfulof trophies. count your blessings.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

you never know maybe next ucl, bayern lost 2 finals before winning it at last lol. so atletico will keep persevering.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I still think there is more merit in losing in the CL semi-finals than there is in winning the EL. The gap in the level of competition is insane. Many of the teams that have won the EL or reached the final would struggle to make that season's CL quarters.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

you can't put "2nd place in UCL" in a trophy cabinet

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Atletico were way overqualified to win the EL imo. Not to take anything way from their win because they were put in a really tough situation playing 10 vs 11 away from home against Arsenal and they pulled through. Had they not chocked against Qarabag in the group stage I could see them making it far into the Champions League like previous seasons.

But it's better to win the EL. Gives them a chance to win the European Supecup in the summer. It is tougher to make it to CL semis or final than winning the EL trophy, but if you lose then you got nothing to show for your effort, other than knowing you can compete with the best teams in Europe. After Atletico dropped to the EL there was a lot of discontent from the fans against Simeone, and anything but not winning the EL would have been the end for Simeone at Atletico I believe. Winning it gives Atletico some renewed hope and a lifeline Simeone can cling himself to. And I think it's the best for the club because Simeone has done a great job at Atletico, and I would like to see him win a CL trophy with them. Just not against Madrid :p but I'm rooting for them.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Completely agree with Gonzi personally, even though I also agree winning Europa league doesn't mean you could go far in CL. A trophy however is a trophy and its something Simeone has sadly lacked a lot over recent seasons so I'm really glad they got it. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it would be dissapointing for Real Madrid to win that trophy over CL but otherwise, I think most team should really be able to add it to their trophy collection.