Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Attack on press freedom with arson (Juventus)
milanlamiavita 5 years ago Edited
Bustese Milano City, Italy 4 3418

The journalist who was the subject of an attempted arson said he has been subjected to “an immense hate campaign” after the Juventus investigation

Federico Ruffo was behind the investigation by Rai 3 programme Report into attempts by the ‘Ndrangheta organised crime syndicates to infiltrate Juventus ultras.

This also resulted in the death of Juve fan Raffaello Bucci, who had been working for the club to pass out tickets, but also collaborating with police.

At 4.30am on Tuesday morning, an attempt was made to set fire to reporter Ruffo’s home, with petrol poured on the doorway and a red cross painted on his wall.

The sound of his dog barking raised the alarm and the arsonists ran away.

“Whoever did this was clearly not very experienced, because they tripped up on the dog’s bowl and made a noise…” Ruffo told Radio Kiss Kiss and the TG1.

“There is a sense of bitterness here, because nobody, apart from those working at RAI, realised the situation had become so grim.

“There has been an immense hate campaign against us from the very first ads stating Report were investigating the Juventus situation. We received threats of all kinds.

“Every morning, I wake up to find threatening messages on social media by people asking why I am still breathing, all because I looked into their beloved club.

“They are so accustomed to this sort of dynamic that they feel legitimised to do anything. Obviously, I don’t just give up.”

Federico Ruffo is on Instagram. Show your support;

https://www.instagram.com/federuffo_off/?hl=en

https://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2018/11/14/intimidazione-allinviato-di-report-che-indago-su-tifosi-della-juve-e-ndrangheta-benzina-dappertutto-salvati-dal-cane/4763631/

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The journalist who was the subject of an attempted arson said he has been subjected to “an immense hate campaign” after the Juventus investigation

Federico Ruffo was behind the investigation by Rai 3 programme Report into attempts by the ‘Ndrangheta organised crime syndicates to infiltrate Juventus ultras.

This also resulted in the death of Juve fan Raffaello Bucci, who had been working for the club to pass out tickets, but also collaborating with police.

At 4.30am on Tuesday morning, an attempt was made to set fire to reporter Ruffo’s home, with petrol poured on the doorway and a red cross painted on his wall.

The sound of his dog barking raised the alarm and the arsonists ran away.

“Whoever did this was clearly not very experienced, because they tripped up on the dog’s bowl and made a noise…” Ruffo told Radio Kiss Kiss and the TG1.

“There is a sense of bitterness here, because nobody, apart from those working at RAI, realised the situation had become so grim.

“There has been an immense hate campaign against us from the very first ads stating Report were investigating the Juventus situation. We received threats of all kinds.

“Every morning, I wake up to find threatening messages on social media by people asking why I am still breathing, all because I looked into their beloved club.

“They are so accustomed to this sort of dynamic that they feel legitimised to do anything. Obviously, I don’t just give up.”

https://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2018/11/14/intimidazione-allinviato-di-report-che-indago-su-tifosi-della-juve-e-ndrangheta-benzina-dappertutto-salvati-dal-cane/4763631/

Comments
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Woah, this is some serious stuff. Really suck to see that kind of thing being done to someone who is mostly only doing his job. Hope he persevere and nothing bad happen to him. The reality surrounding some of Juventus local fan seem quite grim. :(