Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Barca doesn't have enough budget?
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

This is what I heard, Barca only had a 60M euro to make their transfer this summer. Now, thats not a lot of money when you consider this is supposed to be one of the greatest club in the world. What is worse is that they already payed 30M for Semedo and 12M to buy-back Deulofeu. Meaning they would only have 18M (plus the money they made selling some of their youngster) to strenghten their side. Seriously, it look like the rest of the transfer window won't be easy, from what I heard, Rakitic is the only player they wouldn't mind selling as well, meaning they won't get a lot more money coming in. Any thought you guys?

Comments
tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Any source on this mate? I would highly doubt it. The money often comes from investors and banks as debts, lots are valuation money... I can only think of: they limit their transfer to a specific amount this season.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

Lots of french article actually are sharing this info, no idea if thats true or not but I assure you I'm not the one who came up with it. Here an english article in wich Bartomeu himself would have stated the club budget starting at 60M euro: here.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Lots of french article actually are sharing this info, no idea if thats true or not but I assure you I'm not the one who come up with it. Here an english article in wich Bartomeu himself would have stated the club budget starting at 60M euro: here.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

They got talent in the youth that they can simply put in the first team and forget about what happens 1 season...after that they might end up with another great generation.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo111 You aren't wrong, but they might fail to win the league next season if they do that. Then again, if it mean having another gold generation like you said, would be worth it.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

More troubling is their wage budget. But I'm sure they could just off load dead weights like Turan, thing is they probably won't. The board is pretty incompetent in transfers under Bartomeu.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Raimondo My mate Tiki would propably agree with you. From what I heard, the team haven't had lot of good transfert since he been charge. :(

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Reason why they are desperate to sell hoping to reinvest, last year they wasted half of this year budget... Bartomeu is like me when I get to Ferrari shop while I have Citroen budget.
Neymar will probably leave to finally make Verrati come, but then a winger will be needed, I'm not against Alexis Sanchez return.

Barça doesn't have an owner, and the stadium cost is unbelievably high so despite the 706 million euros earnings, the mercato budget have always been tight. This season even more with brilliant business done by Bartomeu...

• History

Reason why they are desperate to sell hoping to reinvest, last year they wasted half of this year budget... Bartomeu is like me when I get to Ferrari shop while I have Citroen budget.
Neymar will probably leave to finally make Verrati come, but then a winger will be needed, I'm not against Alexis Sanchez return.

SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

Damn, they can't be that desperate for money. As much as I think it's funny to crap on Neymar's last season, he's still the undisputed future number one player in the world.

• History

Damn, they can't be that desperate for money. As much I think it's funny to crap on Neymar's last season, he's still the undisputed future number one player in the world.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

His ego won't allow him to wait for Messi to retire, and he is not that good enough to take his place atm. Realistically emotions aside, we can win without him but we won't win if our midfield does not improve. I'm okay to see him leave if I see Verrati does the opposite move.
PSG wants a shirt seller and a FK shooter, we need a Modric on the field, as simple as that.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I was curious, so I checked, and apparently wasn't the only one to think this - it's mathematically impossible for PSG to sign Neymar at his release clause without violating FFP. They'd have to sell like half their squad.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

FFP means nothing anyway

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Sunflash PSG president don't care about FFP, beside, he can get rid of lots of player to make space for Neymar. PSG has lots of unnacessary player they can cash in if they so desire.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Lol Sunflash you are too innocent to figure out how no fucking body care about laws... except the poor.

Prince will pay 562 mil in that transfer and still bid on Sanchez and other ones... riches make laws, they do not suffer from them.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Not saying they won't do it, just pointing out that to avoid it they'd have to shed a lot of money. I'm well aware that clubs break FFP, City's recent troubles with it have ensured that.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I was reading up on how PSG would avoid FFP and apparently the strategy they could use is that PSG owners also own a group called Qatar Investing Group or something along those lines and they in turn pay off Neymars clause of 220 mil. This would be similar to Adidas paying a transfer fee thus now be accountable on the PSG FFP. Dirty, very dirty and UEFA needs to change this.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

That was a compliment mate, I know you are nice guy but in this world it doesn't pay much...

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

FFP isn't there for big clubs

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Neymar isn't going anywhere, Barcelona won't allow a rival from Europe PSG to take one of their most important players.
Valverde said :'It's a player we love and we want. Not only football-wise, but also the things he brings to the locker room" - Anyone from the club can just have a quick talk with Neymar and tell him to stay put, most teams are already in pre season no big names are going to change clubs anymore, if Neymar is leaving Barcelona he will need to do it in the next 3 days or he's staying, IMO Neymar is 100 % with Barcelona.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo Well they can't force him to stay but they can try to convince him. Sadly, the same could happen with the Brazilian player in PSG. We'll see as I said, no use worrying about it for now. We'll know for sure at the beggining of next week.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

No one is bigger than Barcelona, Messi included. Let him leave if his father is that greedy and i understand him.