Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best movies you've ever watched?
RealMadrid17 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 20 755

Apart from football, something I've always loved are movies. Please leave a list of 10-15 movies you would recommend.

Favorite movies:

• Interstellar
  • Kill Bill vol. 1
  • Kill Bill vol. 2
  • The Godfather trilogy
  • Inception
  • The Dark Knight trilogy
  • Gladiator
  • Gone Girl
  • Fight Club
  • Se7en
  • Theory Of Everything
  • The Imitation Game
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Memento
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Whiplash
  • Goodfellas
  • Shutter Island
  • The Prestige
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • 2001: The Space Odessy
  • Dr. Strangelove
  • American Beauty
  • The Shining

Favorite directors would be, David Fincher, Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, and Stanley Kubrick. Shoutout to Francis Ford Coppola for directing the best trilogy of all time as well. (The Godfather)

EDIT: Add Martin Scorsese, and Schindler's List

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Apart from football, something I've always loved are movies. Please leave a list of 10-15 movies you would recommend.

Favorite movies:

• Interstellar
  • Kill Bill vol. 1
  • Kill Bill vol. 2
  • The Godfather trilogy
  • Inception
  • Gladiator
  • Gone Girl
  • Fight Club
  • Se7en
  • Theory Of Everything
  • The Imitation Game
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Memento
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Whiplash
  • Goodfellas
  • Shutter Island
  • The Prestige
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Dr. Strangelove
  • American Beauty
  • The Shining

Favorite directors would be, David Fincher, Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, and Stanley Kubrick. Shoutout to Francis Ford Coppola for directing the best trilogy of all time as well. (The Godfather)

Favorite movies:

• Interstellar
  • Kill Bill vol. 1
  • Kill Bill vol. 2
  • The Godfather trilogy
  • Inception
  • Gladiator
  • Gone Girl
  • Fight Club
  • Se7en
  • Theory Of Everything
  • The Imitation Game
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Memento
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Whiplash
  • Goodfellas
  • Shutter Island
  • The Prestige
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Dr. Strangelove
  • American Beauty
  • The Shining

EDIT: Add Martin Scorsese

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

-The Matrix
-Inception
-Interstellar
-Slumdog Millionaire
-Transcendence
-Jurassic Park
-Schindler's List
-Les Miserables

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@KTBFGFHSWE: that's personal attack, please be aware!!! Comment removed

• History

@KTBFGFHSWE: that's personal attack, please be aware!!!

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Many films that are mentioned above are my favorite . Only few that comes to my mind right now that I could add a movie by

Clint Eastwood , "Gran Torino " - he was amazing in it
"Whats Eating Gilbert Grape " - Di Caprio and Johny Depp
I love every Tarrantino movie like Jackier Brown or My Best Friends Birthday and Scorcesse movies.
@tuanjin

I was going to Mention American History X that was the first movie that helped realize how much great Edward Norton's acting can get .

@tiki

You and your politics .

I actually been watching Greatest Story never told , and have about two hours left , but I don't know if i will finish it . I agree with most things in the movie , Nonetheless i could not help but realize that the movie went over the line sugar coating their atrocities .

Little too bias movie .

• History

Many films that are mentioned above are my favorite . Only few that comes to my mind right now that I could add a movie by

Clint Eastwood , "Gran Torino " - he was amazing in it
"Whats Eating Gilbert Grape " - Di Caprio and Johny Depp
I love every Tarrantino movie like Jackier Brown or My Best Friends Birthday and Scorcesse movies.
@tuanjin

I was going to Mention American History X that was the first movie that helped realize how much great Edward Norton's acting can get .

@tiki

You and your politics .

I actually been watching Greatest Story never told , and have about two hours left . Nonetheless I agree with most things in the movie , i could not help but realize that the movie went over the line sugar coating their atrocities .

Little too bias movie .

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@tuan This takes the price. Someone claims that the holocaust is a mega fraud and you remove my comment? Fucking laughable.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Marcus In a war, no side is clean, both have blood in their hands, the winner isnt the good as written in History, he is just the better butcher of the 2...
Churchill wasnt better anyway, and his side wih France approbation started the war indirectly, some say that if Germans were as crual as their opposition, we wouldnt be under monetary system of today...
Anyway they always lied to us, and still lying until today.

Back to toppic
Thats why i dont like Spielberg, he tells you who is the good person, and who is the devil, you have just to follow and dont even use your brain, he chooses for you. while reality isnt as simple and he does just follow the wind, thats why he always get rewards, he is a pro system director, thats how it works even for Historians...

Tarantino is another story, he doesnt make a judgement on his roles, he lets the viewer make his own view on who's right or no, let alone good or bad. (far from being a resistant because he will get his a$$ kicked from Hollywood, but the less biased talented one imo )

You serve our ideology, you get prizes, public recognition, promotion, money. You try to tell the truth, Bankrupt, insults, jail, fired from your job, media diabolizes you...

No wonder why everyone chooses the first option, we leave in a world who reward lies, if you are good at making beatiful lies, you can end up president thats called opportunism and intelligence, saying the truth would only makes you a marginal person seen as a bad person, diabolized...But before saying the truth you should be able to reach it despie the propagand and the media manipulation.

Those who said the truth had always dramatic stories, mostly hated and never recongnized by their generations, but those ones lasted in History like Glallilé who said that earth was round and got burned...

Tarantino and Di Caprio will always get under appreciated in rewards, because those who give them are from a community who dominate information, moovies, banks, and have absolute powers on nations politics since the start of the American depth in 1918, that leaded to whole world being in depth in 2015 by the same ones, less viewed because they wont commit past mistakes...

• History

@Marcus In a war, no side is clean, both have blood in their hands, the winner isnt the good as written in History, he is just the better butcher of the 2...
Churchill wasnt better anyway, and his side wih France approbation started the war indirectly, some say that if Germans were as crual as their opposition, we wouldnt be under monetary system of today...

Back to toppic
Thats why i dont like Spielberg, he tells you who is the good person, and who is the devil, you have just to follow and dont even use your brain, he chooses for you. while reality isnt as simple and he does just follow the wind, thats why he always get rewards, he is a pro system director, thats how it works even for Historians...

Tarantino is another story, he doesnt make a judgement on his roles, he lets the viewer make his own view on who's right or no, let alone good or bad. (far from being a resistant because he will get his a$$ kicked from Hollywood, but the less biased talented one imo )

You serve our ideology, you get prizes, public recognition, promotion, money. You try to tell the truth, Bankrupt, insults, jail, fired from your job, media diabolizes you...

No wonder why everyone chooses the first option, we leave in a world who reward lies, if you are good at making beatiful lies, you can end up president, people would prefer a beautiful lie rather than an ugly truth...

Those who said the truth had always dramatic stories, mostly hated and never recongnized by their generations, but those ones lasted in History like Glallilé who said that earth was round and got burned...

Tarantino and Di Caprio will always get under appreciated in rewards, because those who give them are from a community who dominate information, moovies, banks, and have absolute powers on nations politics since the start of the American depth in 1918, that leaded to whole world being in depth in 2015 by the same ones, less viewed because they wont commit past mistakes...

Back to toppic

No wonder why everyone chooses the first option, we leave in a world who reward lies, if you are good at making beatiful lies, you can end up president thats called opportunism and intelligence, saying the truth would only makes you a marginal person seen as a bad person, diabolized...But before saying the truth you should be able to reach it despie the propagand and the media manipulation.

shpalman 9 years ago Edited
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

lot of my favourites were already mentioned in the thread, i'll try adding some from directors i like:

• any Kubrik movie
  • any Gilliam movie
  • any Michel Gondry work
  • whatever thing by Martin Scorsese (i was expecting to see The Wolf of Wall Street mentioned)
  • Being John Malkovich, Her and pretty much any other work by Spike Jonze
  • Pi, Black Swan, The Wrestler by Aronofsky (same dude of Requiem of a Dream)
  • Man on the Moon, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and others by Milos Forman
  • Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, Dune, Mulholland Drive and others by David Lynch.
  • 3 Iron, Time, Pietà by Kim Ki duk.
  • 8½, Giulietta degli Spiriti, La Strada and others by Fellini
  • The Great Beauty, The Consequences of Love, Il Divo by Sorrentino
  • The Big Lebowsky, Fargo, No Country For Old Men and pretty much almost every other movie by the Coen bros.
  • Calvary, The Guard, Seven Psychopaths by McDonagh bros.
  • The Truman Show, Gattaca by Niccol
  • Waking Life, A Scanner Darkly and many others by Linklater
  • Traffic, Sex Lies and Videotapes, Eros (Wong Kar wai, Soderbergh, Antonioni), Kafka, The Informant and others by Steven Soderbergh.
  • Blowup, Zabriskie Point by Antonioni
  • Madame Butterfly, Naked Lunch, The Fly, Videodrome, Existenz, Spider by Cronenberg
  • Amores Perros, 21 grams and others by Inarritu
  • Dolls, Zatoichi by Takeshi Kitano (check out Battle Royale with him as actor)
  • Tetsuo, Tokio Fist by Shinya Tsukamoto
  • Ed Wood and some others by Tim burton
  • of course Tarantino movies
  • whatever stuff by Guy Ritchie, his movies cracks me up.

god, i could go on for ages. i also love fantasy and sci-fi stuff, some movies that weren't mentioned here: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Brazil, Children of Men, Dark City, Gattaca, most recent ones: Snowpiercer, Looper, Source Code, The Machine, The Zero theorem, Pacific Rim (if you like big robots), The World's End (and basically anything with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost into it). i'm also big fan of japanese anime movies, perhaps it's better to make another thread for those :)

• History

lot of my favourites were already mentioned in the thread, i'll try adding some from directors i like:

• any Kubrik movie
  • any Gilliam movie
  • any Michel Gondry work
  • whatever thing by Martin Scorsese (i was expecting to see The Wolf of Wall Street mentioned)

• The Big Lebowsky, Fargo, No Country For Old Men and pretty much almost every other movie by the Coen bros.

• Traffic, Sex Lies and Videotapes, Eros (Wong Kar wai, Soderbergh, Antonioni), Kafka, The Informant and others by Steven Soderbergh.

• Madame Butterfly, Naked Lunch, , The Fly, Videodrome, Existenz, Spider by Cronenberg

god, i could go on for ages. i also love fantasy and sci-fi stuff, some movies that weren't mentioned here: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Brazil, Children of Men, Dark City, Gattaca, most recent ones: Snowpiercer, Looper, Source Code, The Machine, The Zero theorem, Pacific Rim (if you like big robots), The World's End (and basically anything with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost into it). i'm also big fan of japanese anime movies, perhaps it's better to make another thread for those :)

• any Kubrik movie
  • any Gilliam movie
  • any Michel Gondry work
  • Madame Butterfly, Naked Lunch, , The Fly, Videodrome, Existenz, Spider by Cronenberg

ramaboy10 9 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Mr Bean

Marcus2011 9 years ago

@tiki

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts even more . As far as I know , N*zi Germany was dictatorship. If Germans would have won , world bank would have still found the way to put world under current monetary system .

Did not they finance H*tler anyway ?

Spielberg works for his audience, Americ*ns . The rest don't matter to him .

Tarrantino and Di Caprio don't feet Hollywood format . I never miss their new movies.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

Why there are so many words blacklisted ? It is not like people won't find a way to post them anyway .

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Americans

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

I'd like to add The Blind Side, one of my favorite movies. Very powerful film and would recommend it to everyone.

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

I'd like to add "The Green Mile" as well, directed by Frank Darabont (director of The Shawshank Redemtion). It is one of the most dramatic, powerful, and emotional films I've ever watched. I Fully recommend it to everyone who's interested in watching it.

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

@tiki_taka I wouldn't go as far as saying Tarantino is 100% historically correct, in Inglourious Basterds, H*tler is killed in the theatre...

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago

Some guys in this thread have watched way too much zeitgeist. Remember you're still a sheep if you accepts alternative truths without proper knowledge about the subject. Especially those of you who claims the holocause was a *mega fraud*. Way to use your critical thinking in the wrong way.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago

"I wouldn't go as far as saying Tarantino is 100% historically correct"

lol, really? Maybe 90%, eh?

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@RM17

Inglourious Basterds was made to be an alternative history film. It was very entertaining for the sole reason that Tarantino made up his own ending to WWII.

'' alternative truths without proper knowledge about the subject. ''

Proove it by factual facts that they existed. Deportation existed, murder existed, 0 proof of any Zyclom B found in any camp, nor the holes of injecting it, nor any solid construction of injecting a toxic gaz, in the pictures we has, the doors were made of wood and glass window, do you know anything about how toxic gaz is handled...

Look at gaz execution rooms in USA, you will understand... Aside from this, what proper knowledge do you have, the people in jail in person, arent clowns but specialists on the subject, there are many but few have balls to suffer for the truth...

For inglourious Bastards, Tarantino showed for the first time the revenge sensation of the J.. , their inention to kill after the war, and made something funny of it... Very different from the crybaby propagand that we were obliged to watch and rewatch in schools at an early age, at the point of being marked for life from it.

20 % of German women raped after the war, by Gi's and soviets who had order from their to break German women pride, German when they entered Paris were forbidden to rape and those who did were excecuted by their Hierarchy...

200.000 Je.. were part of Waffen SS from until general grad, Waffen handschar were muslims and were respected as native German, Jessy Owens Afro American participated in Berlin Olympics won many medals for USA, said that he was hosted in Germany and by H**er better than his own country snobbed by the US president of that time. he was a champion of his country, ended earning his life racing horses in circus...

The fact German were racist is a complete post war propagand, and im not saying that Furher was angel but he was the most popular leader in Europeen History, this is a fact, videos and pictures of that time can make it clear.

Germany after the WW1 defeat were living in extreme poverty, France took Alsace and Loraine regions, Austria was part of Germany, Prussia was given to Poland dividing Germany in 2 to give Poland an access to the sea, Germany paid WW1 costs until the last penny, ang got reduced their ressoures by 60% because they took richest regions from them.
Hi**er came and unemployment decreased from 50% to 1% in 6 years, Berlin who used to be a sin City of prostitution and sexual freedom due to misery has recovered its dignity, key jobs of the nation were given back to German, and money was distributed to population with more justice, and of course, those who were making the people suffer were judged and of course it didnt please the world oligarchy to see a Germany comming back stronger and having a very strong pride and identity, the rest is History...

No one is an angel in WW2, 56 millions people were killed, 25M Russian, 10 Million African and the rest from all arround the world, but there wasnt only one person responsible and this few movies or media talk about it...

Both sides of the war were financed by a Rotschild, nations have no hatred to each others and could have lived in harmony if there were no conspiracies, the WW2 ended the strenght of the 3 nations, England, France and Germany as deciding countries in the world in the benefit of a small community owning USA, they weakned Europeen nationalism for a future brutal individualist capitalist world...
Making countries under the dept, an exponential one that never ends causing modern slavery and submission to monetary system, a Rotschild once said in the 19th century : "Give me the power to create money and I do not care who makes the laws", well he was right...

• History

Proove it by factual facts that they existed. Deportation existed, murder existed, 0 proof of any Zyclom B found in any camp, nor the wholes of injecting it, nor any solid construction of injecting a toxic gaz, in the pictures we has, the doors were made of wood and glass window, do you know anything about how toxic gaz is handled...

Look at gaz execution rooms in USA, you will understand... Aside from this, what proper knowledge do you have, the people in jail in person, arent clowns but specialists on the subject, there are many but few have balls to suffer for the truth...

Proove it by factual facts that they existed. Deportation existed, murder existed, 0 proof of any Zyclom B found in any camp, nor the wholes of injecting it, nor any solid construction of injecting a toxic gaz, in the pictures we has, the doors were made of wood and glass window, do you know anything about how toxic gaz is handled...

For inglourious Bastards, Tarantino showed for the first time the revenge sensation of the J.. , their inention to kill after the war, and made something funny of it... Very different from the crybaby propagand that we were obliged to watch and rewatch in schools at an early age, at the point of being marked for life from it.

20 % of German women raped after the war, by Gi's and soviets who had order from their to break German women pride, German when they entered Paris were forbidden to rape and those who did were excecuted by their Hierarchy...

200.000 Je.. were part of Waffen SS from until general grad, Waffen handschar were muslims and were respected as native German, Jessy Owens Afro American participated in Berlin Olympics won many medals for USA, said that he was hosted in Germany and by H**er better than his own country snobbed by the US president of that time. he was a champion of his country, ended earning his life racing horses in circus...

The fact German were racist is a complete post war propagand, and im not saying that Furher was angel but he was the most popular leader in Europeen History, this is a fact, videos and pictures of that time can make it clear.

Germany after the WW1 defeat were living in extreme poverty, France took Alsace and Loraine regions, Austria was part of Germany, Prussia was given to Poland dividing Germany in 2 to give Poland an access to the sea, Germany paid WW1 costs until the last penny, ang got reduced their ressoures by 60% because they took richest regions from them.
Hi**er came and unemployment decreased from 50% to 1% in 6 years, Berlin who used to be a sin City of prostitution and sexual freedom due to misery has recovered its dignity, key jobs of the nation were given back to German, and money was distributed to population with more justice, and of course, those who were making the people suffer were judged and of course it didnt please the world oligarchy to see a Germany comming back stronger and having a very strong pride and identity, the rest is History...

No one is an angel in WW2, 56 millions people were killed, 25M Russian, 10 Million African and the rest from all arround the world, but there wasnt only one person responsible and this few movies or media talk about it...

Both sides of the war were financed by a Rotschild, nations have no hatred to each others and could have lived in harmony if there were no conspiracies, the WW2 ended the strenght of the 3 nations, England, France and Germany as deciding countries in the world in the benefit of a small community owning USA, they weakned Europeen nationalism for a future brutal individualist capitalist world...
Making countries under the dept, an exponential one that never ends causing modern slavery and submission to monetary system, a Rotschild once said in the 19th century : "Give me the power to create money and I do not care who makes the laws", well he was right...

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago

"Making countries under the dept, an exponential one that never ends causing modern slavery and submission to monetary system"

Yepp, zeitgeist alright. You talk as if you was there. No surprise this is coming for you. Denying the holocaust? You're a joke.

Obviously the US had both financial and political motives in getting involved in WW2 but to claim everything was financed by the Rotschilds family? LOL.

Why do I ever bother with you..

You should join Liveleak. You'll find plenty of less educated souls to share your views with.

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

Oh God this was supposed to be about movies, not conspiracy theories...

Denying the holocaust? You're a joke.
This is the last time i answer a post from you empty of arguments and full of insults in this thread.

The word Shoah appeared only at the end of 70's, not a simple line on it on Nuremberg, Shoah buisness is a production machine of 5 billions euros per year benefits, people like you make 95% of the population, TV, movie and school made his views and isnt able to verify things by himself...

No i answer you for the last time in this thread, give me any factual proof of their existence, Zyclom B needs 4 holes of injections, ''no holes, no holocaust'' 4 words to resume a 4000 paper work of biggest specialists in France...

Stick to your official version, and keep your insults, we are very different and im fine with it.

• History

Shoah appeared only at the end of 70's, not a simple line on it on Nuremberg, Shoah buisness is a production machine of 5 billions euros per year, people like you make 95% of the population, TV, movie and school made his views and isnt able to verify things by himself...

No i answer you for the last time in this thread, give me any factual proof of their existence, Zyclom B needs 4 holes of injections, ''no wholes, no holocaust'' 4 words to resume a 4000 paper work of biggest specialists in France...

Stick to your official version, and keep your insults, we are very different and im fine with it.

Shoah appeared only at the end of 70's, not a simple line on it on Nuremberg, Shoah buisness is a production machine of 5 billions euros per year, people like you make 95% of the population, TV, movie and school made his views and isnt able to verify things by himself...

No i answer you for the last time in this thread, give me any factual proof of their existence, Zyclom B needs 4 holes of injections, ''no wholes, no holocaust'' 4 words to resume a 4000 paper work of biggest specialists in France...

No i answer you for the last time in this thread, give me any factual proof of their existence, Zyclom B needs 4 holes of injections, ''no holes, no holocaust'' 4 words to resume a 4000 paper work of biggest specialists in France...

This is the last time i answer a post from you empty of arguments and full of insults in this thread.

The word Shoah appeared only at the end of 70's, not a simple line on it on Nuremberg, Shoah buisness is a production machine of 5 billions euros per year, people like you make 95% of the population, TV, movie and school made his views and isnt able to verify things by himself...