Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best movies you've ever watched?
RealMadrid17 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 20 755

Apart from football, something I've always loved are movies. Please leave a list of 10-15 movies you would recommend.

Favorite movies:

• Interstellar
  • Kill Bill vol. 1
  • Kill Bill vol. 2
  • The Godfather trilogy
  • Inception
  • The Dark Knight trilogy
  • Gladiator
  • Gone Girl
  • Fight Club
  • Se7en
  • Theory Of Everything
  • The Imitation Game
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Memento
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Whiplash
  • Goodfellas
  • Shutter Island
  • The Prestige
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • 2001: The Space Odessy
  • Dr. Strangelove
  • American Beauty
  • The Shining

Favorite directors would be, David Fincher, Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, and Stanley Kubrick. Shoutout to Francis Ford Coppola for directing the best trilogy of all time as well. (The Godfather)

EDIT: Add Martin Scorsese, and Schindler's List

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Apart from football, something I've always loved are movies. Please leave a list of 10-15 movies you would recommend.

Favorite movies:

• Interstellar
  • Kill Bill vol. 1
  • Kill Bill vol. 2
  • The Godfather trilogy
  • Inception
  • Gladiator
  • Gone Girl
  • Fight Club
  • Se7en
  • Theory Of Everything
  • The Imitation Game
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Memento
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Whiplash
  • Goodfellas
  • Shutter Island
  • The Prestige
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Dr. Strangelove
  • American Beauty
  • The Shining

Favorite directors would be, David Fincher, Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, and Stanley Kubrick. Shoutout to Francis Ford Coppola for directing the best trilogy of all time as well. (The Godfather)

Favorite movies:

• Interstellar
  • Kill Bill vol. 1
  • Kill Bill vol. 2
  • The Godfather trilogy
  • Inception
  • Gladiator
  • Gone Girl
  • Fight Club
  • Se7en
  • Theory Of Everything
  • The Imitation Game
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Memento
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Whiplash
  • Goodfellas
  • Shutter Island
  • The Prestige
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Dr. Strangelove
  • American Beauty
  • The Shining

EDIT: Add Martin Scorsese

Comments
RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

Just watched Schindler's List. Maybe it is not 100% historically correct, but then again no movie is. The film is wonderfully acted, filmed, and directed. The dialogues are exceptional. Honestly, the most beautiful, powerful, and overall best film I've watched since The Godfather. 10/10 and a must watch for any film enthusiast. Sublime film.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@tiki I'm not fine with someone denying the holocaust. Anti-semites and anti-zionists everywhere. Take off your tin-foil hat PLEASE. I shouldn't have to provide evidence for this as it's you who take alternative truths for granted. Even if I did, you would just brush them off as being false. Cocksure know-it-alls like you just have the worst character. You watch some shit on youtube without proper sources or some zeitgeist movie and directly becomes an expert in history, geo-politics and conspiracies. Good for you, but please, don't spread your ignorance on forums like this.

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

Lads please, no need for this argument. How does one go from films, to a full on conspiracy argument about the holocaust....

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago

I'll add some amazing movies for you all to see:
Come and See (1985)
The Pianist (2002)
A prophet (2009)
Forrest Gump (1994)
Saving Private Ryan (1998)
Snatch (2000)
City of God (2002)
The Intouchables (2011)
Big Fish (2003)
Platoon (1986)
One flew over Cocos nest (1975)
The Good, the Bad, the Ugly (1956)
Life is beautiful (1997)
Apocalypto (2006)
Seven psychopaths (2012)

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago

@real Schindlers list is a great movie, and so are many others you suggested. Saw now that you've already suggested Lie is Beautiful etc

Gennady 9 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Waaaaaaay too many to name. I'll just list 10 movies that I watched at least 7-10 times :)

• Back to the Future (Trilogy)
  • Forrest Gump
  • Scarface
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Fast Times at Ridgemont High
  • Departed
  • Catch Me If You Can
  • Superbad
  • Forgetting Sarah Marshall
  • Zoolander

and many many many more...

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

@Dynastian98 I don't know if you know, but Ralph Fiennes (who did a great job portraying Amon Goeth btw) also portrays Voldemort in Harry Potter, incredible how the make up makes him unrecognizable.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Im a semit, i cant be anti me, so you can throw your anti-racism typical 3 yo argumentation in the toilet...

Modern History started with Sabbatai Tsevi (1626-1676 ) and Jacob Frank (1726-1791) , one from Ottoman empire and the other in Poland, you have no idea about them they arent teached in mass schools...

These are the biggest antisemitic people from their own community, who infiltrated Islam, Christianism, French and US revolutions, Vatican, Freemasonry....

And Frankist-Sabbateist are the origin of communism, Fascism, Nazism and many others in the world... ( until Club Bilderberg in 1950 who is still stronger now )

I told you, you dont have the necessary level to talk about things you have no idea about how its working, you just know what mass should know and its more than enough for a stupid guy like you. Go vote, protest and do what you learned to do and stay away from this.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@RM17

That's actually very interesting. I didn't know that. I rather liked the Harry Potter movies, and Voldemort's character was played out well enough for the limited screentime that he got.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I don't think denial is the problem and I do believe there were atrocities done by Nazis . It is the investigations into Holocaust that are being condemned is the problem . Any truth can hold investigations . So I get confused why world will quickly condemn any questioning . if did not question everything , we would not evolve as modern society .

@tiki

Impressive stuff . You actually do know history very well .

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

Guys can you please stop this argument. You both have employed fine arguments, but in the end, you won't change each other's mind... This post was to discuss films but I guess in footyroom even that will cause a heated argument...

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

Apocalypse Now: Good film, but wasn't fantastic in my opinion.

The Pianist: Beautiful film. The actors do a wonderful job portraying their character and conveying the audience. You really feel the characters emotions through out the movie, and a great plot. (based on a true story) Along with Schindler's List, and Life is Beautiful, one of my favorite holocaust related films.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Just watched Forrest Gump. Excellent film.

Madridista11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

I wasn't the biggest fan of James Bond, but my goodness wasn't Skyfall epic?! Great movie with a great villain.

I don't know about the rest of you, but to me what makes a movie great isn't always the hero.. Some examples:

• Skyfall: Raoul Silva
    -TDK & TDKR: Joker and Bane
  • The Equalizer: Nikolai
Madridista11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Check this out

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

Agreed, same goes for Silence of the Lambs, and The Dark Knight (combo of both).

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

I really liked "The Intouchables" because of Demba Ba's acting performance

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Just saw Good Will Hunting

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Just saw After Earth, Safe Haven and Good Will Hunting

Just saw After Earth, Safe Haven and Good Will Hunting

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768