Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best movies you've ever watched?
RealMadrid17 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 20 755

Apart from football, something I've always loved are movies. Please leave a list of 10-15 movies you would recommend.

Favorite movies:

• Interstellar
  • Kill Bill vol. 1
  • Kill Bill vol. 2
  • The Godfather trilogy
  • Inception
  • The Dark Knight trilogy
  • Gladiator
  • Gone Girl
  • Fight Club
  • Se7en
  • Theory Of Everything
  • The Imitation Game
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Memento
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Whiplash
  • Goodfellas
  • Shutter Island
  • The Prestige
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • 2001: The Space Odessy
  • Dr. Strangelove
  • American Beauty
  • The Shining

Favorite directors would be, David Fincher, Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, and Stanley Kubrick. Shoutout to Francis Ford Coppola for directing the best trilogy of all time as well. (The Godfather)

EDIT: Add Martin Scorsese, and Schindler's List

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Apart from football, something I've always loved are movies. Please leave a list of 10-15 movies you would recommend.

Favorite movies:

• Interstellar
  • Kill Bill vol. 1
  • Kill Bill vol. 2
  • The Godfather trilogy
  • Inception
  • Gladiator
  • Gone Girl
  • Fight Club
  • Se7en
  • Theory Of Everything
  • The Imitation Game
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Memento
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Whiplash
  • Goodfellas
  • Shutter Island
  • The Prestige
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Dr. Strangelove
  • American Beauty
  • The Shining

Favorite directors would be, David Fincher, Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, and Stanley Kubrick. Shoutout to Francis Ford Coppola for directing the best trilogy of all time as well. (The Godfather)

Favorite movies:

• Interstellar
  • Kill Bill vol. 1
  • Kill Bill vol. 2
  • The Godfather trilogy
  • Inception
  • Gladiator
  • Gone Girl
  • Fight Club
  • Se7en
  • Theory Of Everything
  • The Imitation Game
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Memento
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Whiplash
  • Goodfellas
  • Shutter Island
  • The Prestige
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Dr. Strangelove
  • American Beauty
  • The Shining

EDIT: Add Martin Scorsese

Comments
RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

Just watched FF7. The movie is packed with action, and 99% of it is simply impossible and over the top, but the movie is fun, exciting, and emotional. I don't think anyone in the cinema resisted from crying at the end. James Wan did an amazing job with the dialogue through out the film, specially in the ending. Very, VERY emotional.

RIP Paul Walker

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

American sniper, 6 oscars for a movie of war in Iraq :) the irony.

The reality : The country was attacked by 09/11 excuse ( like Afghanistan ), saying that they found some weapons of destruction they never found thanks to Colin powel lie, 2 millions civilans bombed and murdered ( but democratic bombs no missunderstanding here ), destroying the whole region stability and putting a president Doll of the US big firms who own the country...
Thousands of Iraquians tortured in camps and humiliated, raped...

Iraquians now suffer from radicalism, poverty, instability, oil money doesnt belong to them anymore, terrorist acts each day, insecurity, the country back to middle ages just because few bastards in US decided that oil of this country should belong to their multi-nationals, probably to have more yachts and personnal Islands...

Then why not make a movie to encourage the army and recruit fresh blood and teenagers future GI who will risk their life for bastards drinking Champain in Saint Tropez...Why not its working like this for centuries now.

6 Oscars, of course.

The next movie Anti-persia or Anti-Iran Propagand would get 9 Oscars, anyone interested ?

• History

American sniper, 6 oscars for a movie of war in Iraq :) the irony.

The reality : The country was attacked by 09/11 excuse ( like Afghanistan ), saying that they found some weapons of destruction they never found thanks to Colin powel lie, 2 millions civilans bombed and murdered ( but democratic bombs no missunderstanding here ), destroying the whole region stability and putting a president Doll of the US big firms who own the country...
Thousands of Iraquians tortured in camps and humiliated, raped...

Iraquians now suffer from radicalism, poverty, instability, oil money doesnt belong to them anymore, terrorist acts each day, insecurity, the country back to middle ages just because few bastards in US decided that oil of this country should belong to their multi-nationals, probably to have more yachts and personnal Islands...

Then why not make a movie to encourage the army and recruit fresh blood and teenagers future GI who will risk their life for bastards drinking Champain in Saint Tropez...Why not its working like this for centuries now.

6 Oscars, of course.

The next movie Anti-persia or Anti-Iran Propagand would get 9 Oscars, anyone interested ?

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I think American Sniper was a very good movie . Ordinary man being a great patriot of his country and saves lives of his fellowman . He is fantastic role model not just for soldiers but for all the humans . He is the hero not just to US but to whole World . He shows the bravery , pride in his service and protects the freedoms that we enjoy here in the west .

He reminds me of Fredrick Zoller.

quikzyyy 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

American Sniper was really bad movie in my opinion, definitely not going to watch it ever again.

• History

American Sniper was really bad movie in my opinion, definitely not going to watch it ever again.

Anyone saw Pillars of the Earth?

RealMadrid17 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 20 755

American Sniper, if you ask me, isn't even a great film itself. Just another movie about the Iraq war. But something that must not go out of praise is Bradley Cooper's performance. He did a mesmerizing job portraying Chris Kyle.

PS: How American Sniper got nominated ahead of Interstellar for the Oscar's I'll never know. And Tiki, some of the oscars that the movie received were in categories such as sound effects, which really aren't that important in terms of propaganda, or influencing people's minds.

• History

American Sniper, if you ask me, isn't even a great film itself. Just another movie about the Iraq war. But something that must'nt go out of praise is Bradley Cooper's performance. He did a mesmerizing job portraying Chris Kyle.

Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Foxcatcher was great as a 2014 film, but I hear that it wasn't perfectly accurate in displaying the relationships between the characters. I thought the film was just fine, but the real Mark Schultz spoke out and stated that the relationships between the characters weren't accurately portrayed as they happened in real life. Nevertheless, I was disappointed to see it not nominated for Best Picture.

• History

Foxcatcher was great as a 2014 film, but I hear that it wasn't perfectly accurate in displaying the relationships between the characters. I thought the film was just fine, but the real Mark Schultz spoke out and stated that the relationships between the characters weren't accurately portrayed as they happened in real life.

Emrecan_58 9 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

I am sorry but I have to delete these messages. :D
EDİT: Deleted.

• History

I am sorry but Ihave to delete these tweets.

I am sorry but I have to delete these tweets.

I am sorry but I have to delete these mesages. :D

tiki_taka 9 years ago

City of god, amazing Brazilian movie.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@RealMadrid17 Agree regarding Fast 7, it's obvious that the action parts are really 'unrealistic', but it's kinda supposed to be that way, as you mentioned the action was brilliant and fun. The tribute to Paul Walker in the end was fantastic, they didn't let anyone down.
Now that you've seen the movie, I suggest you to watch some behind the scenes from the movie. It's brilliant to watch, because basically everything was truly made by the stuntdoubles or actors, there was surprisingly small amount of CGI in the movie.

I truly loved the movie. As I've probably said before, it's not a type of movie that wins Oscars, but I think 384 million dollars in opening says something how great it is nonetheless.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

One movie I would suggest everyone on forum to see is "Gangs of New York " movie about gang war for 5 points based loosely on true events .

Watch it and relate to it lads ;)

Emrecan_58 9 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Another historical movie; about the Sivas massacre.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sivas_massacre

I was waiting for this movie for a long time. And today I went to cinema and watched it. I couldn't find any English Subtitles on my phone but the film is all about this Massacre. You will not probably find the movie around your place because even in Turkey, most of the cinemas did not feature this movie because of fear. The film is about the Dutch researcher Carina Cuanna's trip to Turkey and you can read the rest from Wikipedia. The film is adapted from her Diary.

Madımak: Carina's Diary

The dialogue on the last part:
-What will we do if things get real and some of us gets hurt
-Survivors write poems about them.

Amerr30 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

here are the best movies I've seen.. lately:

Her
Cloud Atlas
Interstellar
Mad Max: Fury Road
Ex Machina
The Imitation Game
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Birdman
Gone Girl
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Whiplash
Nightcrawler
Star Trek: Into Darkness
Chronicle

All of these have been very enjoyable movies I’ve seen in the past few years. I am however a lot more impressed lately by premium TV shows rather than big screen movies. Again, these are only movies that I've lately seen. I did love movies such as The Shawshank Redemption, Heat, Se7en and etc. Those I consider as classics. I've seen them all. :)

Shows such as: Daredevil, House of Cards, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, First season of True Detective, Narcos have been really really enjoyable.

I recommend them to everyone.

• History

here are the best movies I've seen.. lately:

Her
Cloud Atlas
Interstellar
Mad Max: Fury Road
Ex Machina
The Imitation Game
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Birdman
Gone Girl
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Whiplash
Nightcrawler
Star Trek: Into Darkness
Chronicle

All of these have been very enjoyable movies I’ve seen in the past few years. I am however a lot more impressed lately by premium TV shows rather than big screen movies. Again, these are only movies that I've lately seen. I did love movies such as The Shawshank Redemption, Heat, and etc. I've seen them all. :)

Shows such as: Daredevil, House of Cards, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, First season of True Detective, Narcos have been really really enjoyable.

I recommend them to everyone.

shpalman 9 years ago Edited
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

^great stuff in there, The Grand Budapest Hotel was glorious, great fan of Wes Anderson (The Royal Tenenbaums etc). but pretty much all the movies you quoted, great stuff. some i watched lately adding to Amerr's list:

• Time Lapse
  • Slow West (fantastic)
  • Tale of Tales
  • The Mule
  • Citizenfour
  • Deep Web

edit: @Emre, i tried to look for the subs on Subscene (best sub website around) and i couldn't find it.

• History

^great stuff in there, The Grand Budapest Hotel was glorious, great fan of Wes Anderson (The Royal Tenenbaums etc). but pretty much all the movies you quoted, great stuff. some i watched lately adding to Amerr's list:

• Time Lapse
  • Slow West (fantastic)
  • Tale of Tales
  • The Mule
  • Citizenfour
  • Deep Web
tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Deep Web sounds interesting. I haven't seen it though.

shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

^yes it is! it's basicaly a documentary about Silk Road, the onion site marketplace in the deep web, and along that topic it's also explained what the deep web is. i surfed the deep web sometimes in the past, crazy stuff.

NovaRuk 9 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

Looking forward to this next week n_n

I gotta say, they left him for dead in Interstellar and now they (accidentally) left him for dead again on Mars. I kinda find it ironic.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

You have to give to Matt Damon , I thought his career was over after that homosexual role in " Behind the Candelabra " movie about Liberace .

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

The book "The Martian" was amazing, so if the movie is anything like that then it should be great.

tiki_taka 9 years ago