Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best movies you've ever watched?
RealMadrid17 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 20 755

Apart from football, something I've always loved are movies. Please leave a list of 10-15 movies you would recommend.

Favorite movies:

• Interstellar
  • Kill Bill vol. 1
  • Kill Bill vol. 2
  • The Godfather trilogy
  • Inception
  • The Dark Knight trilogy
  • Gladiator
  • Gone Girl
  • Fight Club
  • Se7en
  • Theory Of Everything
  • The Imitation Game
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Memento
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Whiplash
  • Goodfellas
  • Shutter Island
  • The Prestige
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • 2001: The Space Odessy
  • Dr. Strangelove
  • American Beauty
  • The Shining

Favorite directors would be, David Fincher, Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, and Stanley Kubrick. Shoutout to Francis Ford Coppola for directing the best trilogy of all time as well. (The Godfather)

EDIT: Add Martin Scorsese, and Schindler's List

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Apart from football, something I've always loved are movies. Please leave a list of 10-15 movies you would recommend.

Favorite movies:

• Interstellar
  • Kill Bill vol. 1
  • Kill Bill vol. 2
  • The Godfather trilogy
  • Inception
  • Gladiator
  • Gone Girl
  • Fight Club
  • Se7en
  • Theory Of Everything
  • The Imitation Game
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Memento
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Whiplash
  • Goodfellas
  • Shutter Island
  • The Prestige
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Dr. Strangelove
  • American Beauty
  • The Shining

Favorite directors would be, David Fincher, Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, and Stanley Kubrick. Shoutout to Francis Ford Coppola for directing the best trilogy of all time as well. (The Godfather)

Favorite movies:

• Interstellar
  • Kill Bill vol. 1
  • Kill Bill vol. 2
  • The Godfather trilogy
  • Inception
  • Gladiator
  • Gone Girl
  • Fight Club
  • Se7en
  • Theory Of Everything
  • The Imitation Game
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Memento
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Whiplash
  • Goodfellas
  • Shutter Island
  • The Prestige
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Dr. Strangelove
  • American Beauty
  • The Shining

EDIT: Add Martin Scorsese

Comments
shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

Deathgasm, friggin' hilarious. oh and i love NZ accent too :'D

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

anyone seen Spectre yet?

shpalman 8 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

^no, but in the spy genre i liked the latest by Guy Ritchie:

Jozifbadmon 8 years ago
Arsenal, France 4 56

My favorite movies :

HEAT by michael mann, best bank robbery film I've ever seen.
Drive
Lost In Translation
The Piano
The Wind Rises
In The Mood For Love
Million Dollar Baby
The Bridges of Madison County
Akira

recently I went to see the Lobster which was really good. I recommend it.

NovaRuk 8 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

The first official trailer of TMNT 2 is out. And lol it looks dope as hell. Probably the stupidest trailer I've seen but I'm so 'effin hype for it.

Lilywhite 8 years ago
28 468
  1. Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Part 2
  2. Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Part 1
  3. Interstellar
  4. Saving Private Ryan
  5. Inception
  6. The Dark Knight
  7. The Da Vinci Code
  8. Angels & Demons
  9. The Revenant
  10. LOTR: The Return of The King
AlgeriaFan 8 years ago
1 42

Some of My favorites would be:
Naruto: the last
Boruto: Naruto the movie
Suicide squad
Pixels
Kung Fu Panda 3
Zootopia
and finally: Deadpool

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

War Dogs was REALLY good

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Deadpool anyone?

Other favorites are Shawshank, Kingsmen, Spotlight, Empire Strikes Back, Philosopher's Stone, and Tangled (don't hurt me).

I felt that the last few Harry Potter movies, well excellent, fell into the trap of taking a fantastic story and adapting it in ways that didn't need to be adapted. As someone who loved the Harry v Voldemort final fight in the books, I was unimpressed that they changed the location, removed the audience, and changed some of the biggest conclusions from it, e.g. Tom Riddle being just another body among many, not disappearing into the air or whatever bs that was. In the end, he was just another human, and I thought that massive takeaway being removed was criminal.

That's only one example, but I still feel like the first few HP movies were the best, the first one specifically.

Shawshank is there for obvious reasons, Kingsmen turned Bond into something I could actually watch with the female members of my family, Spotlight showed the importance of good journalism in an age that really needed that reminder (BUZZFEED AND YOUR CLICKBAIT I'M LOOKING AT YOU), and Tangled is the best thing Disney has done since the Lion King.

Lilywhite 8 years ago
28 468

@Sun

I felt Deadpool had massive potential which was wasted during the mid-to-late part of the film. I absolutely loved the entertainment and action of the beginning and certain parts midway into the film, but for me, so much of the movie had that sense of "boredom" to it which was really disappointing given the amazing potential.

As for your Harry Potter view, those are some really interesting points. Since you evidently read and loved the books, the last couple of movies might have been disappointments in the sense that they changed a lot up from the books. But looking at the last 2 - or perhaps 3 - movies (was close to putting Half-Blood Prince in my top 10 as well) as separate products, I think the way they sorted things out was just wonderful.

I still feel the series' third (POA), fourth (GOF) and fifth (OOP) movies would have really benefited from a slightly longer duration, say 15-20 minutes. There were a lot of important things they could have - and should have - included in these movies. I'm sure they wanted to as well, but they couldn't film the movies forever, I guess.

The final two movies for me are the best movies that I've ever watched in the sense that they had me chained to the story all the way through. For me those two movies are underestimated as separate products due to the fact that a lot of people who have read the books felt so much was cut out/changed. Understandably so, though.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Lil

I get what you mean about Deadpool. I had to throw it up there because it actually made me laugh, which is pretty rare for me in movies. I find designated comedies to be over-reliant on cringe humor (e.g. Parks and Rec, Big Bang Theory, Adam Sandler, and endless others) which I find to be a poor base of comedy. I understand if you felt the story was limited, but I enjoyed it just because it made me laugh.

Don't get me wrong, I think that the final Harry Potter movies were great. I realize that it's just not possible to include everything from the books in under 3 hour movies. But why they had to change key plot points for literally no reason is beyond me, and I perceive that as a slight to the epicness that was Rowling's original story.

In case you hadn't figured it out, I really liked Rowling's books.

TheGame 8 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

The funniest movie I've seen recently has been Nice Guys. Such a brilliant production on '70s private-eye satire, starring Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling. Highly recommend it.

ramaboy10 8 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

You guys need to watch Grimsby. Like seriously. Grimbsy. Just. Grimsby.

Marcie 8 years ago
Manchester United, Australia 0 106

Grown Ups - suits my dirty humor ;D

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

just watched silence of the lambs...
so horrifying but it was epic!

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

the lives of others, Chinatown, and the silence of the lambs are probably my favorite movies of all time

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

the lives of others, Chinatown, and the silence of the lambs are probably my two favorite movies of all time

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Chinatown was absolutely amazing! Such a complex film. I had to watch it two or three times to fully understand everything that went on.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@dynastian98 , man i know, jack nicholson at his best, well maybe the shining was a better performance...

I really like your list of movies !
Chinatown is the ultimate film noire exp, i think the most powerful moment is when they foreshadow the leading actress death,

SPoiler stop reading

Mid movie : do you remember when she is upset and she rests her head on the steering wheel, honking the horn
Then at the end , when she is shot, her head hit the horn again. the foreshadowing sent chills down my spine

have you seen lives of others?

Gennady 7 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Not the best movies I've ever seen, but recently watched these two.

Both based on true stories (love movies that are based on true stories/events, please recommend any)

Both great films that I recommend you guys to watch ;)

enter image description here

enter image description here