Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Big Change for 2024 in UEFA Champion League
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Apparently, there is ongoing talk with football club and the UEFA for change in the current format in the Champion League. Said change could even happen as early as 2024. Among some of those change, there could be a promotion and relegation system put in place, team who are assured to participate and games being played in the weekend instead of in the week. Now, the fact there is talk of it doesn't mean that it will specifically be those change but one things for certain, there is talk in place and the format which is currently in place for the UEFA CL might change in a near future. Thought?

Comments
quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

please don't...

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

That would weaken leagues if a Europeen league is about to be made.
It will be harder for players to play more than 60-70 games a season considering they are playing domestically between 45 and 60 depending how they progress on cups add to that national calls... Europeen games should not be over 14 games...

Actual format already needs rotation and breaks in a season, money is tempting Uefa to produce more games but Football is already a high demanding sport, with players always in travel... getting an NB schedule would kill the few spirit remaining in the game for me...

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Playing in the weekend is almost too stupid...

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@tuan Well, technically, it would mean they switch league game with CL game on the schedule but obviously, I don't think the local fan would be too thrilled by that.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Exactly.

Mind that during the weekend, there are lots of not-relevant-to-UCL clubs are playing too... :(

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Is there a reason why they are proposing this change? I think, right now, it's already hard enough to juggle commitments between leagues, domestics and internationals.