Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Biggest revelation of WC 2018 for you?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Quintero, Pavard, Theo Hernandez and Golovin obviously, but also player like Chadli and Maguire which I didn't expect much from and were instrumental to give their team the edge at important time. What about you, which player were some of the biggest revelation in this WC?

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Pavard, maybe. In the first game against Australia, I was asking why Sidibe wasn't playing, and so were the commentators, but he went on to be pure class for the French.

I still don't know if Maguire is a great defender, in terms of tackling/marking etc. but his heading is such a tool. He was a huge part in England's success from set-pieces.

Subasic as well. He's top class.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

True that, Subasic was unlikely hero this world cup for sure.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Suba was injured in final, seems like everything went well for France that day.

I'd say Rebić and Vida had fantastic tournament, now both are linked with big moves. As Bundesliga fan Pavard wasn't suprise for me, he is even better as centerback tbh. His ball-playing skills are fantastic.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Talking about Pavard, heard he been linked to your beloved Bayern Munich, thought? :)

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

^^if Boateng does leave in the end, he would be perfect replacement IMO. And even better if we start with 3ATB next season, which we apparently will (but we need another centerback then).

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian If Bayern play 3 at the back, he could propably rotate as a backup for both the CBs (Hummels, Sule and Boateng) and for Kimmich if he need rest or is injured. Considering Bayern injury issues, he would still propably get plenty for game time.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Pavard was excellent.

Subasic and Chdlic too.

Maguire was very decent, defensively is ok, but set pieces top notch.

kyoekyar 6 years ago
12 163

@Emo Theo Hernandez??? Do you mean the one from Real? He was not even in the french squad. Lucas Hernandez (from atletico madrid) impressed me though. :P

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@kyoekyar Lol, that whole time, I failed to realize it was Lucas. Sorry, my bad. They do look alike a lot in my defense. XD

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

I will always bet that england would not win the wc AKA safest bet.

expertfootball11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Schmeichel's son might follow his dad in his footsteps :)

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

McGuire was my favorite one. Did not expect him to play this well. I also enjoyed watching Axel Witsel again, especially because I only ever get to watch him live with Belgium (never watched him at Zenit or in China).

EdgarEAM 6 years ago Edited
2 241

Well, for me. Some related to revelations and biggest impact in their team hat help reach unexpected places.

Anreas Granqvist a Defender Central, good stats defending and two important goals fro Sweden.
Aleksandr Golovin (Russian) a Midfielder (center, left), brilliant on tackles and good at key passes per game and assist.

Now, others related to revelations but not was enough for get unexpected places

Peter Etebo (22y/o) a midfielder playing for Stoke and Nigeria, good in tackles, shoots per game, brilliant in dribbles.
Jerry Mina a defender center for Everton and COlombia, brilliant at set pieces goals.
Cho Hyun-Woo a goalkeeper for Daegu FC (K league-South korea) and South Korea, good in long ball per game and saves.
Wahbi Khazri a forward for Saint Etienne and Tunisia, was brilliant in goals, assist, shoots per game, key passe per game.
Branislav Ivanovic a defender right for Zenit St Peterburg and Serbia, good in tackles, clearances, key passes per game, and crosses.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well, for me. Some related to revelations or biggest impact in their team hat help reach unexpected places.

Anreas Granqvist a Defender Central, good stats defending and two important goals fro Sweden.
Aleksandr Golovin (Russian) a Midfielder (center, left), brilliant on tackles and good at key passes per game and assist.

Now, others related to revelations but not was enough for get unexpected places

Peter Etebo (22y/o) a midfielder playing for Stoke and Nigeria, good in tackles, shoots per game, brilliant in dribbles.
Jerry Mina a defender center for Everton and COlombia, brilliant at set pieces goals.
Cho Hyun-Woo a goalkeeper for Daegu FC (K league-South korea) and South Korea, good in long ball per game and saves.
Wahbi Khazri a forward for Saint Etienne and Tunisia, was brilliant in goals, assist, shoots per game, key passe per game.
Branislav Ivanovic a defender right for Zenit St Peterburg and Serbia, good in tackles, clearances, key passes per game, and crosses.