Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Biggest suprise of CL week 4?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So what is in your opinion, the most suprising results of CL week 4? Atletico or BVB second draw against a team they should have beaten at home? Real Madrid defeat at the hand of Tottenham? Roma 3-0 win against Chelsea? Shaktar second victory against Feyenoord giving them 6 point over Napoli? The fact two of last year semi-finalist (Atletico and Monaco) propably won't even make it to the knockout phase? Anyway, share your most suprising results and why you didn't expect it.

Comments
Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

I gotta say that Atletico playing at home against 10 men Qarabag for an extend period of time takes the cake as the most shocking result. I didn't watch he Olympiacos - Barcelona (0-0) and Borussia - APOEL (1-1) games, but from the stats they appear to be those games where a team has a ton of chances but they just can't convert. So these games are surprising because of the final result, but not much in terms of how the teams played over the 90+ minutes.

I'll let someone else talk about the Chelsea game, and I'll just give my opinion on Tottenham's game. The result isn't really surprising to me because I kind of expected a defeat with how we've been playing lately and because of how well Tottenham did against Madrid at the Bernabeu. What's most surprising to me about this game is how bad Madrid were made out to look by Tottenham all game long. It's been said that the champions league brings out the best of Madrid or that big games like this one are when Madrid performs best. Yesterday I saw none of that. There wasn't a single moment when Tottenham didn't look dangerous or when it looked like Madrid had the edge. Madrid was either getting dominated or lacking ideas about how to break down Tottenham's defense. It was a 3-1 result at the end, but probably a 4-0 would have been a more fitting result.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Spurs, definitely, hats down!

Louis15 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain, France 0 59

How about the fact that PSG have scored 17 goals and have 4 clean sheets in 4 games including one against Bayern and one at the Celtic Park.

My dream for last 4 would be Barca VS PSG (intense game with a lot of pride at stake) and City VS Real. With a new final for the football world: City VS PSG. But this is the CL so anything can happen really ^^

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Louis Would indeed be pretty sick. Its true PSG results have really been impressive as of now. Hope they keep this up.

@Yvan I didn't saw the game but to be fair, Spurs seemed to be quite fortunate with their finishing, first goal was offside sadly, or at least it seem like it was to me and second one was a deflection by Ramos right into the best spot to beat the keeper. Not taking anything away from Spurs, they seemed like they played better and propably deserve the win but I fear some people are gonna complain about those thing.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

One year Arsenal doesn't make CL, and Dortmund, Napoli, Monaco and Atletico will all possibly play in Europa. I bet their fans are pissed off.

Shakhtar is doing really well, I like them as a club because they were good in early 2010s, hopefully they return well. Also their connection with Brazilian players is very good.

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Yvan21:

There wasn't a single moment when Tottenham didn't look dangerous or when it looked like Madrid had the edge. Madrid was either getting dominated or lacking ideas about how to break down Tottenham's defense.

This right here was the story of the game, and I'm not just saying that as a Tottenham fan. I remember in fact one point even after only 20 minutes when the broadcaster showed the stats so far, with Madrid bossing 57% possession and something like 50 more passes, and the commentators all but burst out laughing at how much they painted a different picture to the reality of the game.

In a nutshell, our defense were organized so well that it gave us the platform to attack on the counter, and we did so all game long; like you say, we could have had 4 or 5 goals if our finishing had been just a little better.

Of course, this is only one game (or two, if you include our draw at the Bernabeu), so it's a little silly for anyone to start predicting the end of the world for a team as talented as Madrid, but it really showed how far Tottenham have come, against the reigning champions and the very same team who poached our two best players not so very long ago.

I wonder how the conversation between Perez and Levy went... ;)

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

I was reaaaaaally disappoimted by the loss of our winning streak.

Was really shocked seeing chelsea lose THREE NIL to roma. Roma arent even in italy top 2.

Spurs vs real madrid was expected. But pretty sure that will make real madrid turn thinhs arund now.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Lodatz Hopefully, Perez won't want to recruit Dele Alli now that he scored a brace against Real. XD But more seriously, he said something about not overpaying for a player like Kane so I doubt it really anymore of a risk for Alli but still. :P

Shaktar are really suprising but then again, its not like they don't have experience in Europe. I expect them to make it hard for most team they will play next.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Spurs were just super impressive. Scary and routhlessly good.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

Chelsea loosing 3:0 was bad one but not very surprising. Why? Well sh@t we have been trying to convince ourselves that Cahill is good enough to start this season. I was prepared for a loose but maybe not 3:0. Yet again we were complete sh&t and Bakayoko isn't the one we needed to replace Matic..Roma was just much better overall and it was evident in first game that they are very strong side.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 To be fair, its crazy how all of Roma goal were simply brillant, the finishing and technic El Sharaway and Perotti used to score were insane, I don't think they score a lot of beautifull goal like that in Serie A. Their manager must have put extra training for those game. Not saying Chelsea defense wasn't at fault but really, when you score like that, its alway a lot easier. Poor Courtois barely had a chance. :(

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

@Lodatz yea bro, the stats don't paint the picture at all. Tottenham were clinical and were more dangerous than Madrid over the whole game.

@Emobot that's because we were living in paradise when he said that :p Now that things are not going Madrid's way, do not be surprised if they end up spending big money this winter transfer window on a striker and a BIG signing next summer transfer window.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Yvan21 Yeah, Real really does need a striker asap. Benzema should focus on his filming career as I'm starting to give up on him as a footballer. Also, Real need to start searching a really good replacement for Modric (still very good but age will start to show more and more). Sadly, I don't think Kovacic is good enough for that as of now. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Yvan21 Yeah, Real really does need a striker asap. Benzema should focus on his filming as I'm starting to give up on him as a footballer. Also, Real need to start searching a really good replacement for Modric (still very good but age will start to show more and more). Sadly, I don't think Kovacic is good enough for that as of now. :(

Yvan21 6 years ago Edited
0 440

@Emo yea there have been rumors that Madrid might try to sign Icardi or Immobile this winter. That could be interesting and if the results just don't get better then I can see something like that happening, but it's going to cost them a significant sum of money.
I have a lot of faith in Kovacic. I think he's already proven that he's got what it takes to succeed at Madrid. There's also a master/pupil relationship between him and Modric that can be beneficial for the eventual transition.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Emo yea there have been rumors that Madrid might try to sign Icardi or Immobile this winter. That could be interesting and if the results just don't get better then I can see something like that happening, but it's going to cost them a significant sum of money.
I have a lot of faith in Kovacic. I think he's already proven that he's got what it takes to succeed at Madrid. There's also a master/pupil relationship between him and Modric that can be beneficial for the eventual transition.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Yvan Icardi will be most hard to get no doubt but he would be the better choice by far, watch out though, he got quite an attitude. Stole his former team-mate family for example. Also, Immobile is good and he already have some experience in the Liga, however, considering his flop at Dortmund, I'm kinda worried that the pression might get to him if he ended up at a big club like Real. :(

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

@Emo lol that's true about Icardi and like you said, there's no guarantee on how Immobile will perform. It will surely be panic buying if Madrid do end up making use of the winter transfer window :/

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Yvan Anyway, I'm a bit suprised to hear Madrid might target one of those two, as I was expecting them to aim a bit higher. I know its gonna be much harder to sign someone with a bigger profile, especially in Winter but still. Really curious to see how it work out though. :)

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Main reason behind that is that Madrid wants to sign someone who is able to play champions league, if they do decide to go for a striker :p Those two would satisfy this requirement. But yea I'd rather wait and sign someone like Kane or Lewa (who knows) after the season is over.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Yvan Lewa have had some complain with the board at Bayern so who know, it might happen if they keep getting frustrated with each other. Wonder if you guys couldn't target any better or easier target than Icardi and Immobile that could play in CL however.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

@emo I have to agree with you that goals were very beautiful. We just know how to concede in style too. :D