Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Borussia Dortmund continue to impress in the transfer market.
tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

enter image description here

Chelsea have completed the signing of Borussia Dortmund midfielder Christian Pulisic this January, with the American loaned back to the German side until the summer, yet many have continued to be impressed by Dortmund's ability to develop and sell talent for a hefty profit.

Pulisic, a 20-year-old, has signed for the London club for 64 million euros, earning Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc more plaudits.

"We have accepted a lucrative offer for Pulisic, given the little time he has left on his contract," Zorc said upon announcing the deal.

Zorc, who spent 17 seasons playing for the Bundesliga side, has seen the club receive 475.85m euros in transfer fees during his current role at the club, while they have spent 305.94m.

"In the market, we must act differently and be quick when we want to attract players," he said to Slate."We can't always buy who we want and he have to try and locate talents.

""We can't compete with the big guys, if this were Formula 1 then they would drive a Ferrari and we are in a Mustang, so we have to be creative.

Between their academy and transfer strategy, Dortmund regularly profit from developing players and selling them on.

Ousmane Dembele signed as a 19-year-old for 15m euros from Rennes and was sold one year later to Barcelona for 115m, while Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang arrived for 13m euros from Saint-Etienne and moved to Arsenal for 63.75m; these are just two examples of players who did well before subsequently moving on.

From Marca.

Knowing That Sancho will be the next big deal, since he is English, he is rated most Valuable player of Bundesliga. Another 100 mil euros deal is loading...

Comments
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Well, its all good that BVB make that much money out of selling developed player but its also important that they keep some to keep a certain stability, I mean, they are doing okay this season but we know how quickly a team can become inconsistant in the Bundesliga if they change their team too much. Hope they can win the Bundesliga this year nevertheless.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Yes i agree, some players cant be replaced out of the pitch, they represent the identity of the club and dressing room equilibrium and leadership.
Monaco several departures werent hurting until they lost Moutinho/Fabinho.

SunFlash 5 years ago
USA 19 3260

Kind of get the feeling that person for Dortmund is Reus...although Piszczek might be another shout.

Of course, irrelevant of who the manager is, it's ultimately the staff by which the players interact with on a day-to-day basis that create the culture of the club.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@tiki @Sun Agreed.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

We stole Aubameyang and Sokratis lol, I would say they also got robbed on Lewa and Hummels. The rest were either fair deals or they earned big.

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Their player development is really good as well.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Eden17 Yep, propably one of the only team which young player usually end up living up to the hype.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Trust the Germans to know how to develop youth

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Witsel was a fantastic acquisition for them. And imagine how much are they going to get for Sancho.
Their whole squad is very young and promising. This is merely the start of a decade worth of selling big for the club.

Golefty 5 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Dortmund can definitely scout for talent and develop youth but BVB also gives them a huge platform to showcase, Bundesliga is the highest attended league after NFL(avg attandance per match 42000)
Also has the German Classico and Dortmund give tonnes of playing time in the Champions League to youth stars. The transfer market is also somewhat inflated and there is a big push to invest heavily in young talent, and younger squads in general. It does hurt our club to sell our core players like gotze, lewa, hummels ,and even gundogan , where as the sale of pulisic and dembele is necessary t of we are to purchase another handful of young stars,

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

I would like to see Dortmund not be a selling club. I mean they only have the highest average attendance in Europe.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Ledley Yeah, it would be nice if they could be more than that. But sadly, no matter how manny people come watch your games, it not what bring the most money. What bring the most money is owner and big sponsor sadly. :(

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

@Emo Tis bad. I mean the league gets exciting in Germany when Bayern don't win the league. For non BM fans.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Ledley Agreed. But hopefully, seeing Dortmund giving resistance to Bayern will help them get more support from their owner and sponsor. Lets hope so at least.

amir_keal 5 years ago

I just don’t we don’t take Dortmund approach too much. We’ve got Sven who is very good at scouting players, probably the best in the world. Torreira and Guendouzi are hot prospects, I really hope we don’t get rid of them.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@amir You better not, I really like those guy, never seen a young player with as much passion as Guendouzi and Torreira, while I can't say I have seen a lot of him but he seriously look like one of the smartest buy of the summer.

amir_keal 5 years ago

They've had a really good impact, our midfielders have been weak last season. It's uogradeable, but they are both young, and I think they can develop into great players.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@amir Yeah, me too, I hope so at least. Back on topic now though. :P