Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Brazil squad World Cup 2018
Golazo111 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

There is a topic from 4 years ago, so I chose to update that, as one of the biggest teams in the world they have so many top players and after what happen in their own country they will be searching for a revenge.

Who would you call, who would be in your first 11 for Brazil?

Tite isn't messing around he named his squad already...

Brasil

Goalkeepers:
Alisson (AS Roma), Ederson (Manchester City), Cassio (Corinthians)

Defenders:
Miranda (Inter Milan), Marquinhos (Paris Saint-Germain), Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain), Geromel (Gremio), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Fagner (Corinthians), Danilo (Manchester City), Filipe Luis (Atletico Madrid)

Midfielders:
Casemiro (Real Madrid), Fernandinho (Manchester City), Paulinho (Barcelona), Renato Augusto (Beijing Guoan), Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona), Willian (Chelsea), Fred (Shakhtar Donetsk)

Forwards:
Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain), Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City), Firmino (Liverpool), Taison (Shakhtar Donetsk), Douglas Costa (Juventus)

Fagner's family reaction to the news of being a part of the team:

Who is missing?
To name a few: Alex Sandro, David Luiz, Fabinho, Talisca, Felipe Anderson, Dani Alves...

The possible formations and lineups? What if Neymar doesn't recover? Either way they have the best defensive midfielders in the world grouped together, Fernandinho/Casemiro/Paulinho is just insane, their attack with Firmino/Neymar/G.Jesus is very scary as well...

Brazilsquad

Brasil

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

There is a topic from 4 years ago, so I chose to update that, as one of the biggest teams in the world they have so many top players and after what happen in their own country they will be searching for a revenge.

Who would you call, who would be in your first 11 for Brazil?

Tite isn't messing around he named his squad already...

Brasil

Goalkeepers:
Alisson (AS Roma), Ederson (Manchester City), Cassio (Corinthians)

Defenders:
Miranda (Inter Milan), Marquinhos (Paris Saint-Germain), Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain), Geromel (Gremio), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Fagner (Corinthians), Danilo (Manchester City), Filipe Luis (Atletico Madrid)

Midfielders:
Casemiro (Real Madrid), Fernandinho (Manchester City), Paulinho (Barcelona), Renato Augusto (Beijing Guoan), Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona), Willian (Chelsea), Fred (Shakhtar Donetsk)

Forwards:
Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain), Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City), Firmino (Liverpool), Taison (Shakhtar Donetsk), Douglas Costa (Juventus)

Fagner's family reaction to the news of being a part of the team:

Who is missing?
To name a few: Alex Sandro, David Luiz, Fabinho, Talisca, Felipe Anderson, Dani Alves...

The possible formations and lineups? What if Neymar doesn't recover? Either way they have the best defensive midfielders in the world grouped together, Fernandinho/Casemiro/Paulinho is just insane, their attack with Firmino/Neymar/G.Jesus is very scary as well...

Brasil

Comments
the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

lol, I think rafinha from bayern would have been called if he doesn't make that suicidal pass to kimmich.
even if neymar miss the game, costa and taison is not a bad replacement at all. casemiro getting injured affects the balance of the team more than neymar injured.
the balance of the team is so great the attackers (front 3) doesn't have to worry about defence.

kyoekyar 6 years ago
12 163

How far do you guys think Brazil will go?

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@kyoekyar

I think the quarters, maybe a semi.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@kyoekyar If they perform like in the qualification and are a bit fortunate, they certainly could go all the way for me, at least reach the final. If they had a serious injury to a key player however, it could be WC 2014 2.0. :(

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Interesting squad. I don't know much some of the players, but it's good to see unfamiliar faces, like that Fagner guy. Their attack looks incredibly lethal on paper, but we'll see. Quarter-final at best.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't see why they can't win it. All they were missing last time was a striker that was actually good and a bracket that didn't include Germany.

Very pessimistic opinions here so far for a team that has accomplished quite a lot with many of the same players who were called up and improvements on many others.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

The only real weakness that people notice is that right back position since Dani Alves is injured because people don't see to trust that much in Danilo/Fagner.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Neymar Firmino Willian
Coutinho Paulinho
Casemiro
Marcelo Miranda Silva Danilo
Alisson

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'm surprised that Fabinho isn't in. For Sandro it's just unfortunate that he's in the same nation as Marcelo.

Lodatz 6 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@SunFlash

I don't see why they can't win it.

Well, agreed. They could win it. They certainly have the attacking talent to make anyone get nervous about playing them.

That said, I just struggle to imagine very disciplined sides like Germany, Spain, or even France slipping up against them, and I have an easier time imaging those teams beating them, no matter how much I agree that Brazil have a very talented squad.

Of course I wouldn't exactly be upset if Brazil were victorious. Unless you're from Argentina, it's hard not to love Brazil...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@SunFlash

I don't see why they can't win it.

Well, agreed. They could win it. They certainly have the attacking talent to make anyone get nervous about playing them.

That said, I just struggle to imagine very disciplined sides like Germany, Spain, or even France slipping up against Brazil, and I have an easier time imaging them beating Brazil, no matter how much I agree they have a very talented squad.

Of course I wouldn't exactly be upset if Brazil were victorious. Unless you're from Argentina, it's hard not to love Brazil...

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Cassio there is controversial to Brazilians, they say there are better keepers in Brazil. Geromel too, don't see reason Naldo wasn't picked after he proved to be good enough, I also think it would be weird not to start Marquinhos here, but Tite has pretty good options. RB is weak spot but midfield is good. Fabinho and Allan aren't there though...

Taison shouldn't be there either, Malcom or Felipe Anderson should.

Semis should be realistic, after that we will see. Depends on how well does Tite sort them out against big teams.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Why dont you make a similar topic about Germany's team, Croatian?

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Good team. Brazil is contender most definitely. It is bit sad that David Luiz didn't get a call. I think he is not the same wreckless player that he was back in 2014 and he would have been quality addition in the squad with experience. He has already been partnering Silva and doesn't need to adapt. Oh well

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Yea it's sad he has been out for a long time and will miss the WC...at least he opened a new restaurant and hopefully he will be ready for next season, Cahill that played just a handful of good performances is going to the WC from what I saw, if David had played more and was not injured he would have probably made the list.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@Golazo, yeah, sure why not? I'm gonna start writing it.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Croatian I just thought better you than me you follow more their league and can provide more insight about their players since they won the WC last time and Confederation Cup with totally different set of players so they deserve a deeper analysis of their squad. So thanks in advance.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Do you think Conte ruined the guy or injuries or he ruined himself?

I felt so bad in 2014 for him because even though he was dummy running out of his position, he genuinely cared to win more than anyone in the team and such a big loss to Germans was devastating.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I don't think Conte had much to do his injuries but maybe it did affect him the previous season where he played a lot and that caused him to burn out this season, another proof of how badly prepared the squad was for this season, the team did miss him a lot in defense though even if he was shaky at times and I really enjoyed his goal against Roma in the CL group stage.

A lot of things happen this season, Dzeko that never scored against us while in Man City did it now with Roma, Messi scored against us as well, Spurs beat us after 25 years at home...
But even so we could beat the likes of Atletico away, Liverpool without conceding a goal, same vs Man Utd...

Overall first season without John Terry so I hope for a great David Luiz next season and if possible great Zouma and maybe even Koulibaly when it comes to defense.

The loss of 7:1 is overblown, Brazil played that game without Thiago Silva their captain and best player Neymar, sad story but people were too harsh on David Luiz and Marcelo, IMO.