Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bundesliga 2017/18 - analysis and discussion
Croatian 6 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

enter image description here

Hello guys, how you doing? Today is Friday, came home from work a bit late because there was crash so traffic jam happened. Anyways, putting my problems aside, I decided to write this analysis about current Bundesliga season, since it has been exicting, far better than last season. Also because we don't have much regular Bundesliga watchers on forums (which is really sad), but I hope to make some quality discussion and put insight on what's happening and why is it happening. So let's take a look at table and then we will comment current situation

Bayern Munich is doing fantastic which wasn't so predictable at start of season, Heynckes brought the big change we needed and so far it is working very well - we don't concede much while we also win all our matches (100% win percentage since he came back). Ulreich is possibly biggest improvement, he was really shaky but run of matches made him solid keeper. That same effect came to both Hummels and Boateng who were poor during the start of season, now are back as arguably one of best centerback partnerships. However we are witnessing true transformation of Alaba back to his 2012 form. He is fantastic since Jupp took over, constantly threat on left side and providing actually solid crosses. His partner Kimmich is unbeliveable... I love this guy so much it can't be explained in words. Best rightback in Europe at the moment without much competition. Javi is back where he belongs - CDM and it is only right thing to do. So far so good from him. Robben is still doing very good which was expected from him, on other hand Ribery's injury really may hurt any chance of him being there at Bayern and actually having playtime... meanwhile Coman seems to have replaced him very good, our best player since Jupp took over. Vidal is only notable downgrade ;(

Since people do care about them, Borussia Dortmund is shit. They were never supposed to fire Tuchel, Bosz is good coach but fails miserably with his stubborness. Absurdly high back line is suicide and they got counterattacked a lot of times by average teams or even not-that-fast players. Sad for them because I wanted a bit more competition for Bayern and to test Jupp in big or crucial matches. They have a lot of negatives, and a few of positives, Gotze is back for sure, been one of their best players so far. And Pulisic, absolute gem, ignore cringey Americans and you will see that this guy has potential to be one of best players ever born in North America. His potential is surreal, amongst best in world by his age.

Anyways since I bet most people don't follow Bundesliga, I'll have quick summary of players that were fantastic this season:

Marcel Sabitzer - attacking midfielder or even winger from Leipzig, on level of Forsberg this season, assisted three times and is crucial in their attack.
Jean-Kevin Augustin - famous after that delicious roulette against Porto in UCL, currently doing well in Leipzig. Striker with great finishing and absolutely outrageous ball-control.
Max Meyer - remember him from FIFA13? He was fantastic young attacking midfielder from Schalke, he is still with them but significant role change has happened. Meyer is now, believe it or not, deep-lying playmaker. And you wouldn't think so but he is doing great, aswell as wholed Schalke squad.
Amine Harit - he came to Schalke from Nantes as relatively unknown player but has fantastic start, although he doesn't assist or score much he is always amongst best players on field.
Weston McKennie - third one from Schalke, American who scored on his debut in NT. He plays as CDM but also likes going forward. Strong tackler and fantastic ball control. He is only 19.
Salif Sane - Hannover is suprisingly 5th in Bundesliga and also beated Dortmund 4-2 few weeks ago, and we can thank Sane for it. Actually a defender, he is reason Hannover didn't concede much more.

And of course few more who were good but I am already tired of writing: Vollan, Bailey, Brandt, Havertz (Bayer), Rebic, Haller (Frankfurt), Ascacibar (Stuttgart), Uth (Hoffenheim)...

I wish there was more Bundesliga discussion on forums, hope this will help it atleast a bit. You may also share your questions and I'll do my best with answering them.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

(removed)

Hello guys, how you doing? Today is Friday, came home from work a bit late because there was crash so traffic jam happened. Anyways, putting my problems aside, I decided to write this analysis about current Bundesliga season, since it has been exicting, far better than last season. Also because we don't have much regular Bundesliga watchers on forums (which is really sad), but I hope to make some quality discussion and put insight on what's happening and why is it happening. So let's take a look at table and then we will comment current situation

Bayern Munich is doing fantastic which wasn't so predictable at start of season, Heynckes brought the big change we needed and so far it is working very well - we don't concede much while we also win all our matches (100% win percentage since he came back). Ulreich is possibly biggest improvement, he was really shaky but run of matches made him solid keeper. That same effect came to both Hummels and Boateng who were poor during the start of season, now are back as arguably one of best centerback partnerships. However we are witnessing true transformation of Alaba back to his 2012 form. He is fantastic since Jupp took over, constantly threat on left side and providing actually solid crosses. His partner Kimmich is unbeliveable... I love this guy so much it can't be explained in words. Best rightback in Europe at the moment without much competition. Javi is back where he belongs - CDM and it is only right thing to do. So far so good from him. Robben is still doing very good which was expected from him, on other hand Ribery's injury really may hurt any chance of him being there at Bayern and actually having playtime... meanwhile Coman seems to have replaced him very good, our best player since Jupp took over. Vidal is only notable downgrade ;(

Since people do care about them, Borussia Dortmund is shit. They were never supposed to fire Tuchel, Bosz is good coach but fails miserably with his stubborness. Absurdly high back line is suicide and they got counterattacked a lot of times by average teams or even not-that-fast players. Sad for them because I wanted a bit more competition for Bayern and to test Jupp in big or crucial matches. They have a lot of negatives, and a few of positives, Gotze is back for sure, been one of their best players so far. And Pulisic, absolute gem, ignore cringey Americans and you will see that this guy has potential to be one of best players ever born in North America. His potential is surreal, amongst best in world by his age.

Anyways since I bet most people don't follow Bundesliga, I'll have quick summary of players that were fantastic this season:

Marcel Sabitzer - attacking midfielder or even winger from Leipzig, on level of Forsberg this season, assisted three times and is crucial in their attack.
Jean-Kevin Augustin - famous after that delicious roulette against Porto in UCL, currently doing well in Leipzig. Striker with great finishing and absolutely outrageous ball-control.
Max Meyer - remember him from FIFA13? He was fantastic young attacking midfielder from Schalke, he is still with them but significant role change has happened. Meyer is now, believe it or not, deep-lying playmaker. And you wouldn't think so but he is doing great, aswell as wholed Schalke squad.
Amine Harit - he came to Schalke from Nantes as relatively unknown player but has fantastic start, although he doesn't assist or score much he is always amongst best players on field.
Weston McKennie - third one from Schalke, American who scored on his debut in NT. He plays as CDM but also likes going forward. Strong tackler and fantastic ball control. He is only 19.
Salif Sane - Hannover is suprisingly 5th in Bundesliga and also beated Dortmund 4-2 few weeks ago, and we can thank Sane for it. Actually a defender, he is reason Hannover didn't concede much more.

And of course few more who were good but I am already tired of writing: Vollan, Bailey, Brandt, Havertz (Bayer), Rebic, Haller (Frankfurt), Ascacibar (Stuttgart), Uth (Hoffenheim)...

I wish there was more Bundesliga discussion on forums, hope this will help it atleast a bit. You may also share your questions and I'll do my best with answering them.

(removed)

Comments
Croatian 6 years ago

And I'm the one that is biased? Maybe you shouldn't open a topic about a league if you're not capable of seeing all the facts about it, not all people are fanboys like you.

Yes you are biased. You aren't Bayern fan and you don't even watch Bundesliga much? You defend Ancelotti while Heynckes plays better football, has better results, has set up team better in crucial moments and what not? Alaba is in-form first time since Ancelotti is here, Coman is playing standardly while he barely got chance at Ancelotti.

Even after this round of CL, Bayern only won cause of Tolisso ( Thx Ancelotti lol ), Borussia lost and Leipzig won vs Monaco that sold out this season already...It will be a miracle if any Bundesliga team wins CL.

And that was the worst match we had under Jupp. Tolisso was MOTM and all but why are you thanking Carlo for it? Tbh it isn't world class transfer from either board or Carlo. Goretzka is free agent on summer and is better than Tolisso.

@amir,

I see anything but bundesliga discussion here. It's all Carlo vs Jupp again.

I'm not one who started it, scroll through comments you'll see it was civil discussion until @Golazo came in here.

@Emo, there is chance Timo goes for about €100mil in summer from top of my head, Auba may also be unsatisfied with situation in Dortmund. On your second question, Boateng is surely a starter in big matches. Sule is big prospect (people seem to underrate him, he is already elite-level CB). I'm not afraid for Boateng, in fact he is doing better when he plays than he did at start. Benatia had few injuries and sadly a very inconsistent period. I'm sad he didn't make it here but with Bonucci leaving and Chiellini+Barzagli getting older I can see he has a chance in Juve. Very happy for him.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Croatian Well maybe, but even then Benatia has competition from Rugani and Howades. By the way, I never really understand why Schalke let him go like that toward end of the transfer window. :( Wonder who could target Timo and where could Auba head now. At his age, I don't expect him to be targeted by Real (even if he really wanted to join them) or by a big English club (Chelsea has Morata, United got Lukaku, City has Jesus and Aguero, Arsenal got Lacazette and Spurs got Kane). I think he could fit at Atletico or at Liverpool though. Just imagining an attack made of Aubameyang, Salah and Mane is making me sweaty.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Yes you are biased. You aren't Bayern fan and you don't even watch Bundesliga much? You defend Ancelotti while Heynckes plays better football, has better results, has set up team better in crucial moments and what not?

So only if I was a Bayern fan defending Bundesliga and being blind to facts would make me not-biased...like you? LOL
You only won Anderlecht because Ancelotti bought Tolisso and only because the rest of the teams are weak your team is first, what is that good football now when you just lost to M'gladbach...joke.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Croatian

I don't point fingers at anyone, but I guess your kinda right. Then again, you kinda bought up the Jupp vs Carlo thing to a level of an extent in response to Golazo.

Golazo111

I think what Croatian is trying to prove is the athletically pleasing nature of the football played. Personally, I felt that his first season wasn't bad. He could maybe have done better in motivating his players in the cup game, but when it comes to the Champions League match I'd agree that he shouldn't get the blame, it was more of terrible officiating.

The start of his second season was terrible though, and it was 95 percent of the reason of why he got sacked. He didn't have the greatest pre season, doesn't make much of a different except maybe factors like morale. Then in the league they started playing terribly. Then came Neuer's injury, which was probably the biggest reason as to why he got sacked. Giving him credit where it's due isn't a problem to me, like the signings of Sule Tolisso Rudy and James was great. However using them in the wrong situation and not really rotating came to haunt him.

Jupp fixed all that. and as you can see a lot of players are getting chances and more confidence. Yes they lost, but not every team can win every game.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo Look man, I'm gonna be completely sincere with you, I agree with Amir, Ancelotti had an okay first season but his second was pretty poor and he clearly failed to connect with some key player at the club which is obviously a big problem for any manager. Now, I agree Bayern could have chose to give more of a chance but the fact is, they didn't. Now, we can be sour about and believe he might have turned thing around if he stayed, however, that kind of thinking doesn't serve much purpose. The best we can do now is wish him the best on his next post and hope he suceed from now on. Would be nice if you stoped saying Croatian was biased because much of what he said has been fair in my opinion. Since Jupp took over, Bayern have played a lot better and the only game where they didn't dominate was against Anderlecht. Beside, nobody is expecting miracle from Jupp, as he haven't managed for many year. All he need to do is to keep the team together and in good form for the next manager that will take over the team in the future.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I unsubbed since only blind praise is accepted, everything else is "being biased".
You can say whatever you want results have shown that Bundesliga can't compete with La Liga and Premier League, even Serie A is getting overall more competitive.
And about Ancelotti, I didn't even bring him up first but sure no problem I know that only some Bayern fanboys trashtalked him in his whole life managing in Italy,England,Spain that shows some serious denial of reality and there is nothing that can counter that since Bayern isn't playing much better now it's due to the fact that other teams are also playing even worse than before but sure lets deny that and praise Heynckes because you know it's enough that he is watching the game in the stands and Bayern plays better right? LOL

This is a comment from someone from Germany:

GreatExpectations [Bayern Munich, Germany] • about 5 hours ago
@beheadedchicken Stop making excuses. Bayern, along with the Bundesliga, is a joke; it will remain this way unless they decide to do what the rest of the world (notably PSG and Man City) are doing and bring in big-money investors.

Bye bye call me when a team from Bundesliga wins in Europe.

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@golazo, how has big investors helped Premier league clubs in Europe, 1 title for chelsea and you faced who in the final > bayern, then a year later an all german final in the champions league, german world cup ,then spain is in control of europe, do you really think the power is shifting towards the PL and Psg , by your logic Pl is weak because one performance (manchester -basel), please as i said lets see how the knockout rounds go,
You quoting some tweet like it is a fact isn't helping your argument

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo Unsubbed? From what? How? Also, Croatian doesn't trashtalk Ancelotti like you say he does and he doesn't act like a fanboy either. He just feel Heynckes play in a way that fit his team better than Ancelotti, which is his right. Lets say some other manager took over Chelsea and made the team play much worse, then of course it would be in your right to complain about it and be mad. Anyway, its really annoying to say but right now, the your acting is closer to that of a troll than that of someone in a debate, adding lol at then of your post and provoking other user calling them fanboy just because their talking and supporting good results from their club. Please try to get less personal when making your point and make it more agreable for everyone involved.

Croatian 6 years ago

So only if I was a Bayern fan defending Bundesliga and being blind to facts would make me not-biased...like you? LOL
You only won Anderlecht because Ancelotti bought Tolisso and only because the rest of the teams are weak your team is first, what is that good football now when you just lost to M'gladbach...joke.

I personally doubt Ancelotti would have a 100% win streak up until Gladbach game. Ancelotti didn't do anything memorable with results, didn't improve our playstyle, made quite a lot of problems with our key players. All respect to him and his managerial career but he failed here...

Just imagine if Kimmich left when window already ended. Would Tolisso play RB?

GreatExpectations [Bayern Munich, Germany] • about 5 hours ago
@beheadedchicken Stop making excuses. Bayern, along with the Bundesliga, is a joke; it will remain this way unless they decide to do what the rest of the world (notably PSG and Man City) are doing and bring in big-money investors.

I don't know dude, I don't know who he is and I haven't seen him on Bayern comments alot. Don't wanna sound rude or anything but this guy isn't really German if he thinks that we need Qatar sponsoring us or bringing €150mil players.

Bye bye call me when a team from Bundesliga wins in Europe.

Ironic to say that while no English club came to semifinals of UCL after Bayern won UCL. You should really do fact-check sometimes.

@Emo

Since Jupp took over, Bayern have played a lot better and the only game where they didn't dominate was against Anderlecht. Beside, nobody is expecting miracle from Jupp, as he haven't managed for many year. All he need to do is to keep the team together and in good form for the next manager that will take over the team in the future.

And this is exactly whole point of having Jupp back, core of our team is still 2012 treble-winning team and have fantastic relations with Jupp. Not to mention on this period of transition which will start pretty soon we need experienced manager. He gave Coman chance, meanwhile I would expect James to play on LW under Ancelotti... next season we will bring in another high-profile manager and he will be able to use more modern ideas... Jupp is doing tremendous job and he has huge balls for taking over in crucial moment... we should be thankful to him for rest of lifetime.

Golazo111 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

how has big investors helped Premier league clubs in Europe, 1 title for chelsea and you faced who in the final > bayern, then a year later an all german final in the champions league, german world cup ,then spain is in control of europe, do you really think the power is shifting towards the PL and Psg , by your logic Pl is weak because one performance (manchester -basel), please as i said lets see how the knockout rounds go,

You're talking about the past, my facts are from the present...try again and no PL is not weak because of 1 game nor is Bundesliga it's a whole series of games which are all facts...even Sir Alex Ferguson lost to Basel in the past did it mean then that he had a weak team? NO.

I don't know dude, I don't know who he is and I haven't seen him on Bayern comments alot. Don't wanna sound rude or anything but this guy isn't really German if he thinks that we need Qatar sponsoring us or bringing €150mil players.

So you're a real German and he's not? Bitch please you sound so dumb sure lets not bother with a real german fan of Bayern from germany and listen only to your shitty opinion...If a real german fan says this who the fuck are you to constantly contradict the reality that is so obvious to the rest of us, stupid blind fanboy...

Ironic to say that while no English club came to semifinals of UCL after Bayern won UCL. You should really do fact-check sometimes.

Fact is the hardest league ( Premier League ) will drain the players, if you want to bring up the past to try and cover up your own shit look at the facts Spain has 17 winners, Italy and England have 12, Germany has been less than 10 times champions of Europe, if no german team wins in Europe this season I wonder what bullshit argument are you going to come up with to justify the weak performance of Bundesliga teams...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

how has big investors helped Premier league clubs in Europe, 1 title for chelsea and you faced who in the final > bayern, then a year later an all german final in the champions league, german world cup ,then spain is in control of europe, do you really think the power is shifting towards the PL and Psg , by your logic Pl is weak because one performance (manchester -basel), please as i said lets see how the knockout rounds go,

You're talking about the past, my facts are from the present...try again.

So you're a real German and he's not? Bitch please you sound so dumb sure lets not bother with a real german fan of Bayern from germany and listen only to your shitty opinion...If a real german fan says this who the fuck are you to constantly contradict the reality that is so obvious to the rest of us, stupid blind fanboy...

Fact is the hardest league ( Premier League ) will drain the players, if you want to bring up the past to try and cover up your own shit look at the facts Spain has 17 winners, Italy and England have 12, Germany has been less than 10 times champions of Europe, if no german team wins in Europe this season I wonder what bullshit argument are you going to come up with to justify the weak performance of Bundesliga teams...

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Golazo111

Out of sheer curiosity, how many Bayern Munich matches did you watch? And I mean both Carlo and Jupp.

You can say whatever you want results have shown that Bundesliga can't compete with La Liga and Premier League, even Serie A is getting overall more competitive.

Firstly this, I agree with you. In the long term, Serie A have more hope than Bundesliga. I never worry about Bayern, but I do for the likes of Leipzig who will lose Keita and may lose Werner in the near future. Same with Dortmund, but not really as much, considering the likes of Mkhi wanting to reportedly come back. Serie A though has Roma, Napoli and Juventus and maybe Inter who could all compete in two intense competitions.

Bayern isn't playing much better now it's due to the fact that other teams are also playing even worse than before but sure lets deny that and praise Heynckes because you know it's enough that he is watching the game in the stands and Bayern plays better right?

It's always clear seeing a teams problem on the pitch. In the North London derby all the Tottenham players thought they won the match before it even begun, but you could see that they didn't really give Arsenal much of a match especially offensively.

Now, I don't know if you know but PSG has problems, but you wouldn't really know because of their performances. The game against Bayern Carlo did so much wrong stuff, like taking out Hummels and Boateng, it created a huge opening in the Bayern defense. Bayern didn't play the best football, but a 3 0 loss was certainly avoidable, especially considering the fact that the players lost their trust, and once that happens it's really hard to perform.

Although Bayern still has like board problems, it's not as noticeable. Some tactical tweaks like Martinez as CDM really worked. Jupp is a better short term solution for Bayern Munich. Also I don't know if you know this but Carlo didn't really give his players plans on where to improve mid game in games.

So you're a real German and he's not? * please you sound so dumb sure lets not bother with a real german fan of Bayern from germany and listen only to your shitty opinion...If a real german fan says this who the are you to constantly contradict the reality that is so obvious to the rest of us, stupid blind fanboy...

Maybe he didn't put it out in the best way, but then again you don't really see any Bavarians saying stuff like give us 150 million to spend because of a defeat. It is quite weird to see.

Emobot7

He meant unsubscribing from the thread so he doesn't get more notifications.

This is my comment on this thread.

Croatian 6 years ago

So you're a real German and he's not? * please you sound so dumb sure lets not bother with a real german fan of Bayern from germany and listen only to your shitty opinion...If a real german fan says this who the are you to constantly contradict the reality that is so obvious to the rest of us, stupid blind fanboy...

Once again he is having a fucking elephant in front of him if he belives that Bayern doesn't have money or can't buy players. We surely can pay more than 98% of clubs. It's just that we're not dumb enough so we splash it in few windows. Our revenues are almost always positive, we buy mostly young and good.

I seriously doubt he's German if he has such opinion. Or even real fan.

I don't understand how am I closer to definition of stupid blind fanboy than you.

Fact is the hardest league ( Premier League ) will drain the players, if you want to bring up the past to try and cover up your own **** look at the facts Spain has 17 winners, Italy and England have 12, Germany has been less than 10 times champions of Europe, if no german team wins in Europe this season I wonder what bullshit argument are you going to come up with to justify the weak performance of Bundesliga teams...

Again, for 3678th time, I don't fucking care how many medals we've won, how much money we have or whatever bs classification you use.

@amir,

I never worry about Bayern, but I do for the likes of Leipzig who will lose Keita and may lose Werner in the near future.

Same Leipzig which scouted down Poulsen, Kimmich and Demme in 2013, Forsberg, Klostermann and Sabitzer in 2014 and Orban in 2015? I think their scouting, management and whatnot is top in Bundesliga.