Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Catalonia vs Venezuela 2-1
Emrecan_58 5 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

So, they might not be an official country or a team, but they have already built a squad stronger than the half of the world. Imagine if they had something permanent, more people would have more courage to play for their own country. Without getting into politics, what are your opinions on how good their team are and what could they manage if they had the chance?

Comments
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

Their squad is actually pretty decent. Don't think they would be a top team able to rival with squad like that of France, Spain or Belgium but I certainly think they would be better than a lots of other NT in europe like Sweden, Poland and Russia.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Catalonia

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

@Emobot: Better than Russia Sweden and Poland...?! so you’re saying this catalonian team would do better than world cup quarter finals?

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Visca Cataluna :) if you play for Cataluna you aren’t called for Spain. Reason why many top class players didn’t play this friendly. Big respect to pique for the sacrifice :)

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Players that can join if they want to : kilo Casilla ( Gk), Cesc, Tello, Deulofeu, Alba, Busquets, Sergi Roberto all can be selected and I’m talk only about Barça players... There are Espagnol, Girona, Eibar,Elche that can get called and also masia players like Adama Traoré...

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

Pique decided to retire from spanish team. Thats why he could afford play.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@Pelle Well maybe not, it would really depend on the form and the situation. Don't forget that some of those team can be pretty inconsistent, which is why I said that.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Catolonia would have a good team to compete in Euro or WC spots, but i doubt they would ever give a serious challenge for the title. They had recent pool of talents, thus they feel like they could be a formidable side and they are right to think, so but still bulk of the team comes from Spain. Players from Spain were just as vital to win WC, and not to mention Ikers saves against Robben that should have ended the contest in favor of the dutch.

Catolonia might become like Iceland or Switzerland or Denmark.. having good runs at times but never consistent to be serious contender in every tournament and just might not qualify to each too.

Emrecan_58 5 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Marcus I think, with the players tiki_taka listed above, they can really manage to be a consistent team to succesfully qualify for each tournament.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

These players are golden generation who are aging and frankly speaking most of them are good but not world class. Was catalonia always a place where Spain got their best players, and core players?

Ledley 5 years ago

Xavi, Puyol, Victor Valdez some notable past players only a few years back.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

@Ledley: aka golden generation... which belongs to the history books.

I agree with most ppl, they would have a decent team but they wont be a threat to the biggest powerhouses on a consistent basis.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Although, I find this a bit of political move

Ledley 5 years ago

@T.J yea, he got bood by Spainish fans.

@Pele They beat a few good teams i think Argentina just going off memory.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Of-course, it is political. They are hoping to have solid claims for independence through sports. Nothing rallies up people more than sport. Oldest trick in the books.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

@Ledley: The win against Argentinawas 2009 and like the only win against a big powerhouse the last 70 years or so.