Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champions League draw of 16
quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

enter image description here

thoughts? i'd say pretty interesting games!

Comments
tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Inter being poor doesn’t make Spurs look better. As you said it was a matter of circumstances which leaded Spurs to qualify, to see them as contenders is another story...

JozeV2 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

Also Spurs being poor doesn't make Inter more worthy or look better. Duh..this barca narcissism again

Spurs teared apart Madrid in 2017 and if they find themselves in a good night they could tear apart your weak defense with Pique. Now if that happens or not is another story.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Also Spurs being poor doesn't make Inter more worthy or look better. Duh..this barka narcissism again

Spurs teared apart Madrid in 2017 and if they find themselves in a good night they could tear apart your weak defense with Pique. Now if that happens or not is another story.

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited

if they find themselves in a good night.

Lol, yeah they would probably defeated Miranda, Alena and co who were playing for fun.

Spurs won’t do shit, PL fans hype ends up in direct confrontations...

Narcissism is when you claim you are the best when everything says the opposite.

• History

if they find themselves in a good night.

Lol, yeah they would probably defeated Miranda, Alena and co who were playing for fun.

Spurs won’t do shit, PL fans hype ends up in direct confrontations...

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Who has claimed we are best? Did you take your pills this morning @tiki?

Marcus2011 5 years ago

If you played that same team away in England, it would have ended in embarrassment. It wasn't all B team unless you consider your club record player trasnsfers : as your back ups. or WC finalists Rakitic - engine of the team as your back up. YOu know TIki time flies but you still like to cherry pick.

Why did they let Messi in 63 Minute? one of the Best players in history of football all fresh and ready to do damage. And it didn't look like he was taking it easy. Why refresh your playemaker with Busquetes? BECAUSE YOU THOUGHT YOU WOULD LOOSE THE GAME AT HOME GROUND IN FRONT OF YOUR 90 K FANS.

Narcissism is to claim that it was an easy draw but also that is just delusion.

It wasnt b team I agree, it was C team. And Marcus I was talking to Jose who think Spurs are top tier club in Europe.
Because our B team still got names people know actually, masia teenagers are C team actually.

• History

It wasnt b team I agree, it was C team. And Marcus I was talking to Jose who think Spurs are top tier club in Europe.

Lodatz 5 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

If Barça fielded their A team vs Spurs they would have been already out. Tottenham lacks tactical awareness at the back which prevents them from breaking into semi finals...

That moment when you remember that FC Barcelona have not reached a semi-final since 2015. Was it because of their lack of tactical awareness at the back?

Inter being poor doesn’t make Spurs look better. As you said it was a matter of circumstances which leaded Spurs to qualify,

Yes, and those circumstances are that Spurs lost to Inter, unexpectedly and unfortunately, on the very first match of the group. If not for that, Spurs would have been through with a game to spare.

Narcissism is when you claim you are the best when everything says the opposite.

Yes, like whenever you talk about football.

It wasnt b team I agree, it was C team.

Coutinho, Rakitic, Dembele, Munir, Vermaelen and Cillesen are in your C team? Interesting claim, especially since the only goal you scored that night was thanks to the single-mistake by our 21-year old academy graduate RB who was playing his first game in a year and a half, and you also threw on Messi, Busquets and Denis Suarez.

Despite this, Tottenham had more possession than Barcelona in the Camp Nou, something which has not happened in 12 years, with more shots and more forward play, prompting Guillem Balague of all people to say:

"This is without any doubt one of the best performances of a foreign team in the Camp Nou for many many years. Struggling to remember a team that was so good in so many ways here"

And yet, what is tiki_taka's take on the match? "Oh, Spurs were poor, and Barca had their C team".

Good one.

As for BVB, well, that's going to be extremely tough, as we all know that BVB are a great team. However, I'll take some hope from the fact that we beat them twice, home and away, last season.

Fingers crossed we can progress! COYS

• History

If Barça fielded their A team vs Spurs they would have been already out. Tottenham lacks tactical awareness at the back which prevents them from breaking into semi finals...

That moment when you remember that FC Barcelona have not reached a semi-final since 2015. Was it because of their lack of tactical awareness at the back?

Inter being poor doesn’t make Spurs look better. As you said it was a matter of circumstances which leaded Spurs to qualify,

Yes, and those circumstances are that Spurs lost to Inter, unexpectedly and unfortunately, on the very first match of the group. If not for that, Spurs would have been through with a game to spare.

Yes, like whenever you talk about football.

It wasnt b team I agree, it was C team.

Coutinho, Rakitic, Dembele, Munir, Vermaelen and Cillesen are in your C team? Interesting claim, especially since the only goal you scored that night was thanks to the single-mistake by our 21-year old academy graduate RB who was playing his first game in a year and a half, and you also threw on Messi, Busquets and Denis Suarez.

Despite this, Tottenham had more possession than Barcelona in the Camp Nou, something which has not happened in 12 years, with more shots and more forward play, prompting Guillem Balague of all people to say:

"This is without any doubt one of the best performances of a foreign team in the Camp Nou for many many years. Struggling to remember a team that was so good in so many ways here"

And yet, what is tiki_taka's take on the match? "Oh, Spurs were poor, and Barca had their C team".

Tiki, why don't you just stop talking about things you don't understand. Y'know, like football.

As for BVB, well, that's going to be extremely tough, as we all know that BVB are a great team. However, I'll take some hope from the fact that we beat them twice, home and away, last season.

Fingers crossed we can progress! COYS

who is Guillem Balague ? did he actually atknowledge that Barça were playing for fun ?

Rendez vous in February, pitch answers better than words.

• History

Rendez vous in February, pitch answers better than words.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Spurs played Alli Son Kane and Eriksen. Barca played Coutinho, Rakitic, Ousmanne Dembele and Messi. That's no B team.

Also spurs had Sissoko playing.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Barca played Coutinho, Rakitic, Ousmanne Dembele and Messi. That's no B team.

This side definitely ain't the strongest one..

.enter image description here

SunFlash 5 years ago
USA 19 3260

City, Juve, Paris, Spurs, Barca, Roma, Real, Bayern.

Spurs/Dortmund is the only one I'm not confident about.

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited

Yea i like to change my opinion Manu and PSG now.

Manchester will be out with manager they appointed. lol PSG will go through like a farm tractor.

• History

Yea i like to change my opinion PSG now.

Manchester will be out with manager they appointed. lol PSG will go through like a farm tractor.

Chelsea, Greece 6 214

@tiki_taka That still does not change the fact that Spurs in a good day would trash Barcelona A' lineup and any other team. They proved it against a team much better than yours with 3 straight UCL titles with much less controversy compared to yours. The only thing they lack is consistency and you should be really scared if they find it and keep improving their squad without losing key players just because of their club image since they are not known as a team that spends 100M on players as their end-game destination.

You can be bitter or salty with your barca fetish that disgusts most of us but you can not take anything away from Spurs as a squad, they are a joy to watch when they play their football and that comes from a rival of Spurs. I would kill to have a squad like them even if they bottle it, its a squad to be proud of without 120M buys and 300.000 the week contracts.

Learn
to
appreciate
football
and
greatness

• History

@tiki_taka That still does not change the fact that Spurs in a good day would trash Barcelona A' lineup and any other team. They proved it against a team much better than yours with 3 straight UCL titles with much less controversy compared to yours. The only thing they lack is consistency and you should be really scared if they find it and keep improving their squad without losing key players just because of their club image since they are not known as a team that spends 100M on players as their end-game destination.

You can be bitter or salty with your barca fetish that disgusts most of us but you can not take anything away from Spurs as a squad, they are a joy to watch when they play their football and that comes from a rival of Spurs. I would kill to have a squad like them even if they bottle it, its a squad to be proud of without 120M buys and 300.000 the week contracts.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Yep one thing is undeniable, Spurs did collect good team of players with less expense. Not sure if they have been striking luck or their scouting team is doing excellent job alongside academy but perhaps combination of all the factors contributed into this competitive squad.

We can only imagine what an amazing team Spurs could have been if they had kept Modric and Bale. I always admired Modric, and still feel gutted we lost the chance to sign him.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I can't believe people here actually think 'Spurs in a good day would trash Barcelona A' lineup and any other team'. Spurs have improved a lot in the last few years yes, but no way are they on Barcelona's levels, or Reals, or any others. I tell people City are overrated in Europe, and now I hear Spurs can beat anyone on a good day. Damn, the media got you guys really good. Not trying to mean here, but go win a trophy under Pochettino, before you try to say they are the best side in the world on their day. Coming from a Chelsea fan, this is sad to see.

Arsenal actually beat Barcelona win prime Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and those guys, who won the CL. They beat prime Bayern under Jupp who also ended with the CL, and we only lost the tie due to away goals rule. Never did I once say we were the best side in the world.

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited

Because Arsenal were loosing 8-2 in the same year or in the same week at times in the league. Did you see Spurs loosing 8-2 ? or 6-0? Or 5-0 and on and on while winning against giants in europe but never actually qualifying ? I can conceed that in 2011 Arsenal were done wrong by referees with Persie red card in Barcelona game but aside from that ... ehh

Many top teams can beat anyone on their good day, but only few top clubs can loose by 6 or more goals like championship team on a bad day.

• History

Because Arsenal were loosing 8-2 in the same year or in the same week at times in the league. Did you see Spurs loosing 8-2 ? or 6-0? Or 5-0 and on and on while winning against giants in europe?

Many top teams can beat anyone on their good day, but only few top clubs can loose by 6 or more goals like championship team on a bad day.

Golefty 5 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

I dont think people are remotely saying Spurs are the best side in the world on their day, i think they are saying that they are a solid team and dont often get a Thrashing,
thus far Spurs had a problem scoring goals in group stage I am slightly worried about the result but believe BVB will produce more chances and hopefully more goals.

Will be interesting to see Jaden Sancho showcase his talent against much of the England national squad.

City and spurs lack UCL experience ,

What are peoples thoughts are liverpool/Bayern?

I am leaning towards liverpool , will be quite a physical match, wonder how Klopp is feeling heading to face his arch rivals. Im sure he will relish the opportunity to knock Bayern out. Since Klopp left Dortmund , liverpool has been by far my favourite team to watch in Premiere league. Would love to see Klopp win against FCB.

interesting round of 16 , with the slight exception of liverpool/bayern and athletico/juve , none of the major contenders will eliminate each other before the quarter finals

@Joze logic, Girona defeated Madrid last year = Girona are world class.

what am i supposed to answer to this idiocy ? teams that defeated Madrid in groupstage ? CSKA did, Plzen did.

Are they gonna replicate it in the knock out ? No, not them nor even Spurs...

Spurs for me are Inter Caliber, love it or hate it, now move on.

• History

@Joze logic, Girona defeated Madrid last year = Girona are world class.

what am i supposed to answer to this idiocy ? teams that defeated Madrid in groupstage ? CSKA did, Plzen did.

Are they gonna replicate it in the knock out ? No, not them nor even Spurs...

Golefty 5 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@tiki_taka LOLZ sort of agree though , arguably lately spurs do better in league than inter

Chelsea, Greece 6 214

@tiki_taka Did I mentioned this years Madrid? or anywhere specifically said that RM right now is the world class team to beat? Clearly as you called above you are an idiot without saying anything related rather than derailing the thread and taking it personal.

You are so god damn deluded that you fail to understand such a simple thing. I will make it simple ignore spurs. Lets say Real Betis in a great day can beat you at Camp Nou and they did 3-4 this season. So Spurs that 2017 they're playing at Wembley (they have a tendency to fuck up at Wembley) vs Real Madrid with Zidane and Ronaldo and they beat Madrid 3-1 you are telling me they cant beat your Barcelona A side when they play in a good day?

https://footyroom.com/matches/79955714/barcelona-vs-real-betis/review

RM few years ago made you look like CSKA Moscow D' Lineup, the score is honestly fake considering Pique had a nerve attack and was cursing at how they were toying with you the whole game. You can pick bad periods from teams like RM lately but still at their best you could not even touch them, but guess who did? Spurs. Now go back to being a nobody journalist it fits you.

• History

@tiki_taka Did I mentioned this years Madrid? or anywhere specifically said that RM right now is the world class team to beat? Clearly as you called above you are an idiot without saying anything related rather than derailing the thread and taking it personal.

You are so god damn deluded that you fail to understand such a simple thing. I will make it simple ignore spurs. Lets say Real Betis in a great day can beat you at Camp Nou and they did 3-4 this season. So Spurs that 2017 we're playing at Wembley (they have a tendency to fuck up at Wembley) vs Real Madrid with Zidane and Ronaldo and they beat Madrid 3-1 you are telling me they cant beat your Barcelona A side when they play in a good day?

https://footyroom.com/matches/79955714/barcelona-vs-real-betis/review

RM few years ago made you look like CSKA Moscow D' Lineup, the score is honestly fake considering Pique had a nerve attack and was cursing at how they were toying with you the whole game. You can pick bad periods from teams like RM lately but still at their best you could not even touch them, but guess who did? Spurs. Now go back to being a nobody journalist it fits you.