Chelsea, England 7 764

United are fucked

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

If we can't top Valencia we deserve to be fucked

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

enter image description here

Very interesting draw, here are my thought and prediction on the groups.

Group A: A very balanced and interesting group. Atletico should come on top and I think BVB will propably be the runner-up. However, Monaco and Brugge both got quality and can upset thing on a good day.
Winner: Atletico
Runner-up: BVB

Group B: A tough group, Barca and Tottenham will be favorite but PSV and Inter are two good team who could take advantage of a bad results.
Winner: Barca
Runner-up: Tottenham

Group C: Very tough group, PSG will be favorite but Napoli and Liverpool are both quality club who could make them problem and will fight hard to make it to the knockout round. Don't expect much from red star.
Winner: PSG
Runner-up: Liverpool

Group D: Pretty open group, with no real favorite for me. The saddest part about this group is that whoever finish top or second will have very little chance of winning in knockout phase...
Winner: Porto
Runner-up: Schalke

Group E: I don't expect anything to stop Bayern from topping their group. Ajax and Benfica will then fight for second place.
Winner: Bayern
Runner-up: Ajax

Group F: City and Shakhtar cannot get enough of each other it seem. City should win relatively easily and it will be between Shakhtar and Lyon for the second spot.
Winner: City
Runner-up: Shakhtar

Group G: Similar to group E and F, Real should top their group relatively easily. However, unlike the previous group, the second team is obvious to me.
Winner: Real Madrid
Runner-up: Roma

Group H: Juventus will be favorite of the group and United will have to be wary of Valencia. Also, come on, Ronaldo vs Man United? This have to have been made on purpose.
Winner: Juventus
Runner-up: Manchester United

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

group b: spurs vs barca, the catalans love meeting teams from london. almost every ucl, its either chelsea, arsenal and spurs this time.

group c: tuchel vs klopp, assistant vs teacher :))) I think klopp is more heavy metal tho :P

group h: ronaldo back again to OT, so much change in utd, his career is so long that the utd's no 7 has changed many times lol (valencia->dimaria->depay->alexis). expect fergie to be watching this one somewhere in the stands.

Marshall2118 6 years ago
Paris Saint Germain 5 88

Group A:

• Atletico
  • Dortmund
  • Monaco
  • Bruges

I think Atleti has to much experience to not win this, and perhaps Monaco can top Dortmund but I'll give the edge to the latest

Group B:

• FC Barcelone
  • Tottenham
  • Inter MIlan
  • PSV

Bad luck for Inter put I can't see them beating Barca and Tottenham. Not easy first place for Barca either but they should manage.

Group C:

• Paris Saint-Germain
  • Liverpool
  • Naples
  • Red Star Belgrade

Group of death perhaps. Always difficult to judge your team without being biased but anyways. I see Naples as a very good team with an excellent manager but PSG and Liverpool are excellent teams with perhaps the 2 best front lines in football right now. As for first place, though call but i'll give it to PSG because of experience (player wise, not historically obviously)

Group D:

• Schalke 04
  • Galatasaray
  • FC Porto
  • Lokomotiv Moscou

For me, the weakest group but the toughest to predict... I believe the Germans can top it off and Galatasaray be runner up. But i wouldn't be surprised if any of these clubs comes out of the group :)

Group E:

• Bayern Munich
  • Benfica
  • Ajax Amsterdam
  • AEK Athènes

Bayern seem the big favorits here and Benfica's experience should be enough for second place. Ajax could surprise Benfica though.

Group F:

• Manchester City
  • Olympique Lyonnais
  • Shakhtar Donetsk
  • Hoffenheim

Again, clear favorite in City. Second place I give to Lyon although all three team can go through.

Group G:

• Real Madrid
  • AS Roma
  • CSKA Moscou
  • Viktoria Plzen

Pretty straight forward here in my opinion.

Group H:

• Juventus
  • Valencia
  • Manchester United
  • Young Boys Berne

Juventus should top this group, but I believe Valencia can take out United on away goals or something.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

This year, more than half of the group looks like death group to me :D:D:D DAMN!!!

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tuan Yep, lots of them are hard to predict and I wouldn't be suprised to see big offset in those. So many quality team that have gone far or played against each other in recent year as well.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

A:

Aletico
Dortmund
Monaco
Brugge

B:

Barcelona
Tottenham
Inter
PSV

C:

PSG
Liverpool
Napoli
Red Star

D:

Schalke
Porto
Lokomotiv
Galatasaray

E:

Bayern
Ajax
Benfica
AEK

F:

City
Lyon
Hoffenheim
Shakthar

G:

Real
Roma
CSKA
Plzen

H:

Juve
United
Valencia
Young Boys

Yeah, Europa League in the knockout phase is gonna be difficult for us.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

LOL, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't make it out of group stage. This is gonna be a another boring season for us.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

UEFA changed rules for the top 4 leagues so theres no qualifiers if you finish 4th. Either in EPL, Spain, Germany and Italy (Infantino) in an effort to have more stronger teams and make the group stages less boring.

This also changes the seeding of the groups so that the stronger teams can be in different pots.

Stronger teams will just get richer and group stages a walk in the park. I don't see any surprises anymore in the UCL with this current format.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

PSG never gets an easier draw, not the in group stage and especially not in the playoffs where we always get Barca, real madrid or bayern munich. Nonetheless, you have to beat the best to be the best.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

PSG never gets the an easier draw, neither in group stage and especially not in the playoffs where we always get Barca, real madrid or bayern munich. Nonetheless, you have to beat the best to be the best.

Pupper 6 years ago Edited
Juventus 0 214

PSG never gets an easier draw, not the in group stage

This is the first time in 7 seasons that PSG don't get a group that is a walk in the park. Would have been strange if they didn't get a difficult group by now. I agree with the knock out stages, even though it's mainly due to PSG finishing 2nd in the group stages. (except for last season)

Speaking of lucky group draws:

18/19: Lokomotiv, Porto, Schalke, Galatasaray

17/18: Besiktas, Porto, Monaco, Lepzig

16/17: Leicester, Porto, Koebenhavn, Club Brugge

15/16: Chelsea, Kyiv, Porto, Tel-Aviv

14/15: Porto, Shakhtar, Athletic, BATE

• History

PSG never gets an easier draw, not the in group stage

This is the first time in 7 seasons that PSG don't get a group that is a walk in the park. Would have been strange if they didn't get a difficult group by now. I agree with the knock out stages, even though it's mainly due to PSG finishing 2nd in the group stages. (except for last season)

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

, nice to see inter back in the Ucl if just for the group stages

amir_keal 6 years ago

I actually think PSG might be a good dark horse to bet on this year, last year I said they were overhyped but now that hype is all gone. Juventus is being fully hyped now because of Ronaldo. Personally, Ronaldo didn't exactly his 2 balon'dor performance wise, and I think Bonucci is quite overrated. Don't think they will do it this year.

Valencia and Inter are both interesting, but experience is key. Spurs 2 years had 0 experience but they should get there ahead of Inter. United are crap at the moment, but I'm thinking they can nod it over Valencia. Valencia seem like a good team that you can't get cocky about though. They will come to your place and get a result. Only need to ask Atletico and Real Madrid.

Emrecan_58 6 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Here's my predictions:

Group A:

• Atletico
  • Dortmund
  • Monaco
  • Bruges

It would be a surprise for Atletico not to top this group but Dortmund and Monaco should put a good fight for the 2nd spot

Group B:

• Barcelona
  • Tottenham
  • Inter
  • PSV

Will be happy to see Inter in Europa League. Expect a great two games between Barça and Tottenham

Group C:

• Paris Saint-Germain
  • Liverpool
  • Napoli
  • Red Star Belgrade

Very unfortunate draw for the Serbian side. I wish they'd end up in a group where at least they'd get a Europa League spot. No more than 2 points for Crvena Zvezda. Whoever finishes 3rd in this group will be a Europa League contender. Hopefully they'll not draw Beşiktaş at Round of 32. Because 3rd team in this group will probably be unseeded.

Group D:

• Galatasaray
  • Porto
  • Schalke
  • Lokomotiv Moscou

What a lucky draw for Galatasaray. Porto once again gets the Turkish team and they are a consistent qualifier as 2nd.
Will this be the first time a pot 4 team winning a group if Galatasaray wins it, while the pot 1 team is at bottom?
Schalke of course will fight for the Round of 16 spot.

Group E:

• Bayern Munich
  • Ajax
  • Benfica
  • AEK Athènes

Expecting a perfect record for Bayern in this group. Maybe at least 16 points. Considering Benfica's last year performance, I give them a less chance than Ajax but still they're a Portuguse side so possible 2nd place is in the air

Group F:

• Manchester City
  • Lyon
  • Hoffenheim
  • Shakhtar

Tough one.

Group G:

• Real Madrid
  • AS Roma
  • CSKA Moscow
  • Viktoria Plzen

Yes, this one is easier to predict. The clash between CSKA and Plzen will decide who's going to Europa League.

Group H:

• Juventus
  • Manchester United
  • Valencia
  • Young Boys

Manchester should put up a good fight for the qualification. They have the quality but expecting Juventus to finish at top. Valencia has more chance in Europa League than being eliminated in Round of 16. I have no idea how the Swiss side's gonna react during the games

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

PSG never gets an easier draw... Nonetheless, you have to beat the best to be the best.

It was the same with Man City for a few years as they had to lift their coefficient. Gotta have a consistent run over 2-3 years and get to pots 1 & 2.

Also Other English teams like LiverPool, having missed the CL for a long time doesn’t help the top seeds also.

Speaking of lucky group draws:

18/19: Lokomotiv, Porto, Schalke, Galatasaray

17/18: Besiktas, Porto, Monaco, Lepzig

16/17: Leicester, Porto, Koebenhavn, Club Brugge

15/16: Chelsea, Kyiv, Porto, Tel-Aviv

14/15: Porto, Shakhtar, Athletic, BATE

loll 😆
Come on!

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited

Pelle

PSG never gets an easier draw

Well, this year at least you got 2 teams that might be challenging, but PSG should get 1st. Previously it was 1 team that was big and the question was more about, who will get 1st, PSG or the other team, like Arsenal/Bayern/Real. Now it's likely PSG will get 1st. Napoli are overrated and Liverpool aren't super good in the group phase.

I honestly think this is PSG's biggest chance in the CL. All the big teams this year are in pot 1, unlike last year, so I guess you might be safe this year until the Quarter Final. And yes, to be the best you must beat the best. I wish your team luck.

Emrecan_58

That's the exact same prediction as mine except Group D lol. Well they do say great minds think alike :)

• History

Pelle

PSG never gets an easier draw

Well, this year at least you got 2 teams that might be challenging, but PSG should get 1st. Previously it was 1 team that was big and the question was more about, who will get 1st, PSG or the other team, like Arsenal/Bayern/Real. Now it's likely PSG will get 1st. Napoli are overrated and Liverpool aren't super good in the group phase.

I honestly think this is PSG's biggest chance in the CL. All the big teams this year are in pot 1, unlike last year, so I guess you might be safe this year until the Quarter Final. And yes, to be the best you must beat the best. I wish your team luck.

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

liverpool might be fucked too

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Amir, not so sure, I think Liverpool have more chances to end up first of the group.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Liverpool is definitely not going to be easy. Their spot in the final last year is a proof of it.

But I am still relatively confident we will reach the playoffs. Even if Napoli shouldn't be underestimated.

• History

Liverpool is definitely not going to be easy. Their spot in the final last year is a proof of it.

But I am still relatively confident we reach the playoffs. Even if Napoli shouldn't be underestimated.