Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champions League quarter-final
quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

enter image description here

Kinda disappointed to be said, thoughts?

Comments
tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

^ Hell yeah. Messi told it in pre season to camp Nou for the captain speech before the start of the season.
He said they will try everything to bring back trophy home, reason why he got rested often this season.

PSG saw themselves already in quarters, from the draw until the PK. Barca will play both games like a final. Last year incident won’t be repeated United have to outplay them to go through and specially to be more motivated for the win than Barca.

Like Pep said, probably to get some pressure off from City. They’re still teenagers of the competition compared to other clubs... Liverpool want to get revenge from last year, qualifying at Allianz arena is an achievement no matter Bayern form, few clubs can do it. And Juve after their comeback are all motivated like never and do trust their new leader.

Competition is very open, good luck to all teams...

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Messi never speaks or shows off, but when he does it means a lot. speech started at 1min52. its his first year as a captain since the departure of Iniesta. And he took responsibility so i am very confident that they will fight till the end, if they dont succeed at least we will loose to a better opposition....

Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

Have you guys seen the twitter post where someone apparently leaked the champions league draw before it had been drawn?
I'm not one who usually believes that sort of thing but it looks like they panicked and changed it at the last minute to keep things the results the same and to keep it from appearing fixed.
here's the comparison, the original v the results:

Liverpool vs Ajax Ajax vs Juventus
Juventus vs Porto Liverpool vs Porto

Man U vs Spuds Spuds vs Man City
Barcelona vs Man City Barcelona vs Man U

copied

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Will keep an eye on the refs for these ties

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I think these draws have always been fixed, still fixed and will continue to be fixed.

City has been getting very good draws in everything. League fixtures are well balanced, cup draws both in FA and Carling were easy and only Chelsea ( out of form and in crisis with manager) was a solid opponent and even then they barely went through. Can you call it a luck? Hmm i don't.

City will most likely not win CL because either Barca or Juventus will come their path but they just might win all three domestic trophies unless United steals the FA and screws them in the league so Liverpool can win it. ( which they are capable of doing).

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I swear there is another draw for the semi final. Is this a new rule or something? I think it's the case for EL too, because I was told that the winner of the Arsenal/Napoli game will play the winner of the Valencia/Villarreal game.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

But every time its either poor ref against us, harsh decisions, no luck, injuries, or especially difficult draws.

@Pelle: you gotta be joking right???? You got ONLY yourself to blame in both Barca and Manchester United knocked out. Those were both embarrassing.

The game against us, PSG outclassed us in every single department, you had every odd to win and yet our golden boy chocked unbelievably. I couldn't believe the outcome, we weren't even that good. You gave us the game, literally !!!!

Ledley 5 years ago

@Pelle: you gotta be joking right???? You got ONLY yourself to blame in both Barca and Manchester United knocked out. Those were both embarrassing.

Pele please, Starting to sound like Neurop if this isn’t your account already.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

You got ONLY yourself to blame in both Barca and Manchester United knocked out.

I disagree tuan, sure PSG can certainly blame themselve for what happened but the they certainly weren't fortunate in either of those tie. I mean, how many game like the one against United end with a 3-1 against Paris? 1 in an hundreds? As for the game against Barca, check the referee history, he never got to ref a game as big as this one after the game was reviewed. There is a reason for that.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited

@Emo: its a figure of speech but its almost all true. What I meant by that is: a team went in both times with ENORMOUS advantage and only miracle might turn thing around and they let that happen. Yet, 2 times. Sure, the blame on the ref all they want. They let things happened till that point... Then they are the blame.

Same with us for example, we go to an exam which we just need a 5/10 to pass, we have known all the answers and its a relatively easy exam, we have months to prepare... And we got 4.8/10. The teacher should have given us 0.2 more but he didnt... Unfairly. Now lets also share the blame with the teacher? No blame yourself.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Emo: what I meant by that is: a team went in both times with ENORMOUS advantage and only miracle might turn thing around and they let that happen. Yet, 2 times. Sure, the blame on the ref all they want. They let things happened till that point... Then they are the blame.

Same with us for example, we go to an exam which we just need a 5/10 to pass, we have known all the answers and its a relatively easy exam, we have months to prepare... And we got 4.8/10. The teacher should have given us 0.2 more but he didnt... Unfairly. Now lets also share the blame with the teacher? No blame yourself.

Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

PSG definitely have a bone to pick with Suarez's flop, though. Let's not do that revisionist history bullsh*t, Tuan, where we blame everything on PSG. Immediately after the game, there were many fans of different teams remarking about how fortunate some of Barca's calls were, especially the Suarez flop.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@emo

Fun fact: Referee in 2009 Chelsea encounter also was disallowed to ref any where in Europe. Prior to that game he was also inexperienced. It like hiring assasin then killing him so no one will find out lol

I can agree about Barca game. Psg was royally screwed!

_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Every year I see fans of rival teams blame each other for buying ref or having the VAR or UEFA on their side etc

Countless games are example of it... and you’ll probably never or rarely see PSGs name. They dont belong in that exclusive club that in a 50/50 situation get a favorable outcome. Do you think ref would have given penalty to Man Utd if they were playing Real madrid? I dont.

I express my frustration because on one hand I feel refs (and knock out draws) treat PSG harshly in europe and on the other hand we the PSG fans have to face all the hatred from fans to mainly other big teams. The hypocrisy of those haters is the worst.

Because haters can only accuse PSG of having a sugar daddy and playing in a farmers league. But french teams cant do more, mainly because of ridiculous taxes put on them for spending. Taxes that dont exist for teams in other big leagues.
So basically a sugar daddy is the only way to get past it... Because without a sugar daddy, Premier League (and la liga) is depleting ligue 1 of its talent. The same league they call a farmers league!

They have bought almost every good talent coming up from Lille Lyon Marseille Monaco Bordeaux etc.

But with PSG and they havent been able to... therefore its a huge reason to the hatred of hypocrisy.

• History

Every year I see fans of rival teams blame each other for buying ref or having the VAR or UEFA on their side etc

Countless games are example of it... and you’ll probably never or rarely see PSGs name. They dont belong in that exclusive club that in a 50/50 situation get a favorable outcome. Do you think ref would have given penalty to Man Utd if they were playing Real madrid? I dont.

I express my frustration because on one hand I feel refs (and knock out draws) treat PSG harshly in europe and on the other hand we the PSG fans have to face all the hatred from fans to mainly other big teams. The hypocrisy of those haters is the worst.

Because haters can only accuse PSG of having a sugar daddy and playing in a farmers league. But french teams cant do more, mainly because of ridiculous taxes put on them for spending. Taxes that dont exist for teams in other big leagues.
So basically a sugar daddy is the only way to get past it... and without one Premier League (and la liga) is depleting ligue 1 of its talent. The same F***g league they call a farmers league.

So basically a sugar daddy is the only way to get past it... Because without a sugar daddy, Premier League (and la liga) is depleting ligue 1 of its talent. The same F***g league they call a farmers league.

They have bought almost every good talent from Lille Lyon Marseille Monaco Bordeaux etc.

But with PSG and they havent been avle to... therefore the hatred of hypocrisy.

Ledley 5 years ago

Not hatred more in disbelief that you haven’t ‘sugar daddyd’ bought/won the UCL yet.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Ref is part of the equation probably, but PSG bottled it twice. You were at home and got hundred of chances to equalize at 1-2. You we’re facing a very poor United with 0 shot in goal in second half. Yet even while defending you let huge space...

For the 50-50 situation, I agree. Would have never been whistled against top 5 in Europe. But nothing is done without work if PSG worked hard to be part of the top 5, then maybe this image may change.

Juve against Madrid got robbed of a Pk ( if Suarez flop isn’t one what could we say about Vasquez one dynast? ) then this season been given one vs Atletico I still wonder how it was whistled...
The harshest one ever is Juve one, they put a huge effort overturning a 0-3 situation and then ref killed them.

Not like a team with advantage committing every single mistake they could...

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited

Have you ever seen someone crying for a decade ? Lol. Even latest defeat of last season, they probably blamed that Courtois legs were too open to let Messi score, Barca must have paid Courtois on purpose...

Hope Chelsea don’t qualify to CL, so we can be relaxed from crybabies another season...

• History

Have you ever seen someone crying for a decade ? Lol. Hope Chelsea don’t qualify to CL, so we can be relaxed from crybabies another season...

Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Lol, at least Vazquez was hit and didn't roll around seven times. If we're going to talk about flopping, there's no one who compares to Suarez. I regularly see Suarez screw up attacks because he's too busy flopping and trying to draw fouls.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

I actually have yo agree on Suarez, he tends to fall pretty easily.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago

Yep, actually that's the thing I dislike about Suarez,

I regularly see Suarez screw up attacks because he's too busy flopping and trying to draw fouls.

This is true!

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynast Well, for me, the problem with Suarez isn't so much as the fact he dive but the fact that unlike certain player I won't name here, he never grew out of it. Which suck to be fair. But considering how some ref refuse to give him a break because of his past tendency (he sometime get fouled for real but ref looked other way because its him), I can understand its hard for him to stop. I still would be on board if he chosed to stop it one day.

• History

@Dynast Well, for me, the problem with Suarez isn't so much as the fact he dive but the fact that unlike certain player I won't name here, he never grew out of it. Which suck to be fair. But considering how some ref refuse to give him a break because of his past tendency, I can understand its hard for him to stop. I still would be on board if he chosed to stop it one day.