Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champions League Semi Finals Prediction
Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Here is also a bit of analysis by Mourinho on quarter finals and semifinals. I can listen to this man talk about football everyday. So much knowledge and he knows how to deliver it to general public without being to technical.

Liverpool vs Barcelona

This is one truly tough one to guess, but Liverpool playing first game away is an advantage. I give first game draw 1-1 and second one Liverpool with their amazing crowd to beat Barcelona 2-1. Liverpool into the final.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Here is also a bit of analysis by Mourinho on quarter finals. I can listen to this man talk about football everyday. So much knowledge and he knows how to deliver it to general public without being to technical.

Liverpool vs Barcelona

This is one truly tough one to guess, but Liverpool playing first game away is an advantage. I give first game draw 1-1 and second one Liverpool with their amazing crowd to beat Barcelona 2-1. Liverpool into the final.

Comments
Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

If Tottenham reach the final every Arsenal fan is gonna commit suicide. But it might be harder for Ajax because young players play so much with motivation and the motivation against big teams that feel superior to Ajax would've been huge. Tot v Ajax it feels like they are similar teams with Tot having more experience and quality without the superiority complex.

I think that as much as Liverpool are doing amazing, the only reason why they would win over the two legs would be if Barcelona get surprised by their intensity and lose control of the match. If Barca handle the pressure from Liverpool, I think it could only be Barca going through

Such nice juicy match-ups for us neutrals. (except fuck Tottenham obviously)

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well Marcus how Barca did rely on chance to get to semis ? They secured 1st place of groupstage in 4 games then rotated and dropped Messi. Lyon and United were never close games decided by chance. They had the potential of reaching semi by only controlling games. Never were out for a second even during games.... how it could be their last chance ?
As if they gonna collapse right after the game.

If Barca didn’t go to the final, then Liverpool would have deserved this season trophy due to their final loss last year and their consistency during this season. And Barca will end up champions of Spain with a remaining Copa Del Rey final to play vs Valencia. Not so bad isn’t it ?

If they go through, that would be the third treble in a decade and next year we can hope for silverwares as well till Messi drops form.

With Pogba-Kante-Hazard-Jovic reinforcement, Madrid will come back stronger next year.

Emrecan_58 5 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Well,

All Eredivisie fixtures the weekend before Ajax’s Champions League clash with Tottenham have been postponed, Dutch football chiefs have announced.
Ajax were scheduled to play De Graafschap on Sunday, April 28 and then Tottenham in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final on Tuesday, April 30.
The Dutch federation, the KNVB, said its decision to delay all the weekend’s league fixtures was made to allow Ajax two days’ full rest between the games.
“I can confirm this as a plan and hopefully it will be (made) definite (on Friday) because we await the approval of the local authorities,” KNVB spokesperson Jaap Paulsen told Press Association Sport.
“Ajax have to play two games in three days and this is impossible because the league’s regulations say a club must have two full days off in between games.”
The postponed matches, including Ajax v De Graafschap, will now be played on Wednesday, May 15, making it the final round of games in the Dutch top flight.

Dutch football stand by eachother. I seriously expect Ajax to win the tie against Tottenham.
Barcelona - Liverpool will be interesting but considering Liverpool's success on slipping, I think Barcelona has a higher chance.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Barcelona's away record in Valverde's time at Barcelona is shocking as well as performances.I think Barcelona really need to kill the tie in the first match.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Amir First game in Barcelona? If yes, then you are right, they need to win it there, because with their away performance as of now, I doubt they will manage to get anything at Anfield.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Not sure of this. I just hope we keep a clean sheet in first leg which is a hard task.
We can win 4-2 and end up loosing 3-1 or 2-0 and quit competition.

With 1-0 or 2-0 it will be perfect. With 1-0 we are obliged to score at anfield so we will prepare the away leg with playing offensive football.
Klopp is a cup coach, I believe we got the best team but they got the best coach.
We got the best GK who won us many points and games and it will be crucial to outscore such a goal scoring machine.
They got the best defense, equivalent midlefield, but we Have Messi :D Toty card at 99 lol.
They will be forced to defend zonally so we will dominate.

Messi will be in cage, but if other players step up we will go through.

Everything could happen, defensive mistakes, ref decisions, early goals...

Both teams are able to ko the other team in a good day. For me it’s the most exciting game of the season, I’m waiting for it since season start.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@tiki I just told you what will happen. Liverpool will win. Sorry mate, better luck next time.

If City faced Barcelona then they would have beaten them. Title winner was decided in quarter finals.

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited

50-50 :) Messi promised it in preseason :)

• History

50-50 :)

50-50 :)

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@marcus2011 @tiki Well, I have no idea what will happen in the semi but one thing for sure, one of you guy will propably be very salty after that game. :D

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Dont forget Barcelona have a record of choking in the Semis especially @Tiki.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

@emo I wont talk much between 2 legs lol.
@Ledley That doesn’t matter, we are often in the semi finals so maybe it’s the reason we got defeats and qualifications... in Semi generally details décidé games...
We got an impressive H2H record vs PL top 6. Last time an English team eleminated us was Chelsea in 2012, since then it was a free ticket to next round...

But stats or records doesn’t matter in a 2 legged confrontation... imo both teams are favorites at home and reds have the advantage of playing second leg home. That’s a huge advantage because they can push for a remontada home if they loose first leg...

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

With 1-0 or 2-0 it will be perfect

I see your point because you're stopping the other team from scoring, but the way Barcelona play away from home, I really don't think that 1 0 will be perfect.

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Messi wants another CL, good luck stopping him.

SoccerBoss 5 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Well that was fun

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

@raimondo90:
enter image description here

tiki_taka 5 years ago

We have Messi we have Messi nah nah nah...
The cheat code

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

More like god mode

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Oh god, is there any way to stop him? That freekick is the kind of stuff who keep goalie awake at night, I swear.

Emrecan_58 5 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

What an amazing feeling to watch Messi at his best... Damn.
On the other hand, Liverpool, one word: Catastrophic.

Maybe a new thread for?

Liverpool's success on slipping

• History

On the other hand, Liverpool, no words. Catastrophic.

Liverpool's success on slipping

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited

Liverpool played very well, the score does not reflect the game. Tactically Klopp had an edge. Luis Suarez goal changed the dynamic.

• History

Liverpool played very well, the score does not reflect the game. Tactically Klopp had an edge. Luis Suarez goal changed the dynamic.

Waiting for Marcus comment LOL