Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea reject Barcelona’s £50m + Malcom bid for Willian (What?)
SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Chelsea reject Barcelona’s £50m + Malcom bid for Willian

Chelsea have rejected an offer from Barcelona to swap Willian for Malcom plus cash.

It is understood that the Spanish giants are prepared to move Malcom on even though they paid £38 million for him from Bordeaux only last summer.

Willian has been a Barcelona target in the past, on more than one occasion, but Chelsea are not believed to be interested in letting him go for Malcom plus a sum of cash which would value the deal at around £50 million.

Even though Willian has just turned 30 and only has 18 months left on his current contract Chelsea value him higher than the proposal that was put to them by Barcelona representatives on Thursday.

Barcelona bought Malcom, 21, who have previously interested Tottenham Hotspur, after being rebuffed in their efforts to sign his fellow Brazilian, Willian.

Chelsea regard Willian as a key member of their squad and are looking to strengthen this window rather than let first-team regulars go. They have already had a series of offers from Bayern Munich for 18-year-old winger Callum Hudson-Odoi who is keen to leave.

Barcelona may look to sell Malcom, who they snatched away from Roma, in any case during this window even if they cannot interest Chelsea as he has struggled to get into their first-team squad.

Comments
quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

this is one of the biggest nonsenses i've seen so far this transfer window. not sure what kind of "source" is this, but they are smoking something heavy.

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Barca and Chelsea fans to their respective boards.

enter image description here

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

@quikzyyy Barca did want Willian last Summer for 60m or so and was rejected, however they improved this offer now with 50m + Malcom. The nonsense is that Willian isn't performing as good as when he arrived due to his current age (30)

quikzyyy 5 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

yeah, I mean this doesn't make any sense.

from Chelsea side: why would you reject young talent + 50M for a player who has been struggling?

from Barcelona side: why would you spend 50M + give them Malcom for a 30 year old winger who has been struggling?

enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

yeah, I mean this doesn't make any sense.

from Chelsea side: why would you reject young talent + 50M for a player who has been struggling?

from Barcelona side: why would you spend 50M + give them Malcom for a 30 year old winger who has been struggling?

_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Agree would be a fail by barca to come up with such a deal, and fail by chelsea to turn it down. I don’t trust this.

Goalkeeper be Barca and player be chelsea

• History

Agree would be a fail by barca to come up with such a deal, and fail by chelsea to turn it down. I don’t trust this.

Goalkeeper be like Barca and player be like chelsea

JozeV2 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

How easy you guys forget...Willian is a professional, he performed when we were sitting 15th on the table and his free-kicks is what gave us a little bit of joy on Mourinho's 3rd year 2nd spell. Why would we give such a player to them? Didn't we already gave Cech to fkn Arsenal?

Ok he is nothing compared to Messi or other world class footballers but he is devoted to our club, works hard and tries to fix his mistakes this is why he was never boo'd at the Bridge because despite his mediocrity time to time he still gave his all for us and that is why I will forever respect him and have a special place in my heart as a footballer.

Funny story : Once Barcelona gave me an offer at FIFA around 65-69M for Willian and I declined for the reasons above. He might not be a legend like Cech or Drogba but he will forever be in our hearts if you are a true Chelsea fan.

-Hidding said to keep Willian when a big offer came from China and I am happy we listened to him.
-He also said no to Spurs for us when they paid his flight or something like that.

If you want Willian gone as a Chelsea fan you might wanna rewind a bit back.

Personal opinion always.

• History

How easy you guys forget...Willian is a professional, he performed when we were sitting 15th on the table and his free-kicks is what gave us a little bit of joy on Mourinho's 3rd year 2nd spell. Why would we give such a player to them?

Ok he is nothing compared to Messi or other world class footballers but he is devoted to our club, works hard and tries to fix his mistakes this is why he was never boo'd at the Bridge because despite his mediocrity time to time he still gave his all for us and that is why I will forever respect him and have a special place in my heart as a footballer.

Funny story : Once Barcelona gave me an offer at FIFA around 65-69M for Willian and I declined for the reasons above. He might not be a legend like Cech or Drogba but he will forever be in our hearts if you are a true Chelsea fan.

-Hidding said to keep Willian when a big offer came from China and I am happy we listened to him.
-He also said no to Spurs for us when they paid his flight or something like that.

If you want Willian gone as a Chelsea fan you might wanna rewind a bit back.

Personal opinion always.

SunFlash 5 years ago
USA 19 3260

This story is obviously fake, so lul, but I'll entertain that thought Joze. You could swap at 30 year old midfielder who's pretty good at taking free kicks for one of the better young prospects in Europe + 50M, and you're not interested? If I was Chelsea even a straight swap would be acceptable, the 50 mil added on is what makes this story a laugh though.

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I thought the whole deal was worth £50m, so it was actually about £15m + Malcom which would explain why Chelsea rejected it.

I'd like to see Willian gone but I don't really want Malcom tbh. Hazard, Pedro, Pulisic, CHO is enough. Sign a damn striker!

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Exactly, 50M, that's already half of Icardi.

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Yeah but Inter aren't going to accept Malcom + £65m for Icardi.

He has a release clause at about £110m so I think our board are holding out for just cash in any Willian deal. That being said Sarri just spoke about how important Willian is in the pre-Newcastle press conference so I doubt we'll sell him.

It's mad how he's outlasted the likes of Schurlle, KDB, Salah, Thorgan, Traore etc.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

B.Traore is good ^

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

LOL hope it’s fake.

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

@JozeV2 I always wanted Willian, even before he signed for Shakhtar, at that time I was disappointed we didn't get him. but now it's a bit different, he is 30 years old, we need someone who is like 25 for the next 5 years.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

@SunFlash No. I want his mentality at my club because that is priceless, you won't get it if you didn't already even if I bother to explain.

Don't give me that lul its fake, who would buy him for 50M and Malcom. We have enough talent at our academies to fill any role and we should keep veterans like Willian that showed such professionalism, its healthier for the squad especially for the youngsters.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I agree Willian is a loyal servant and always gives 100% in good or bad form! Even though it is lucrative offer, decision should be up to Willian. If he wishes to leave then we should honor otherwise we should repay him back for his professionalism even when more than half of the team was purposely playing bad.

Ledley 5 years ago

@Sarri weren't you supposed to sign Fernandinho as well after the 3-2 (Victor Moses) Shakhtar game at Stamford Bridge ?

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Yeah we did but we weren't linked with him as much as Willian, Willian even wanted to join Chelsea even before Shakhtar but we didn't have a spot back then and the manager didn't see it necessary.

Ledley 5 years ago

That was the game that put Willian right 👉 there storefront of the owner. What a game he played on that night. Somehow he went to Russia before signing. Fernandinho I thought was also worth buying just from that game alone. Shakhtar were good back then.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Since bigger clubs are throwing money out like it's nothing, I like Barca taking a stab at him. He is still one of the top wingers in the world and his ability to get a shot off in tight spots is something every team can use. He has a great work ethic as well, which is a coaches dream.

Sure he is 30, but why not bolster a spot on your team with him to help carry into all the different competitions Barca play in? We all saw the goal this weekend vs Newcastle. That is what Barca want.

Chelsea should do what they can to keep him though.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

@Ledley Shakhtar was always a great team. They would be a powerhouse if clubs wouldn't raid their squad for players year after year. Much applause to them

We should respect Willian for all this years and let him make a decision as Marcus stated above, both paths are great for us but I hope he stays and retires a blue. He has a special place in my heart. Him and Dave(Azpi) are the only players I respect and love from the new generation we had. God I miss our players from 10 years ago.