Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL Final 2018: Real Madrid - Liverpool
Amerr30 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

It is the the big one. The biggest game of the season is upon us.

The game starts in a mere 67 minutes from the time of writing.

And there's no thread for this game, what?

Is this place dead or is this the anti-madrid sentiment at work? With an English team in the final, you'd think...

Anyway, I wish both teams the best.

Majority of people, as per usual, have voiced their predictions on various platforms that it'll be Liverpool who's going to win it. Same as last year with Juve, or the year before. This, despite the fact that all around Liverpool is weaker than PSG, weaker than Juve, and weaker than Bayern. All teams we've dispatched this season.

Let it be the third in a season.

Will it be 3??

This Real team is already an era defining team, if you ask me. 4th final in 5 years, 3 of those already won. 100 percent success rate so far. It underlines my previous exclamation that Real Madrid do not play finals, they win them.

Good luck to both teams!

As always, may the best win! I hope the better team wins, really don't want the refs to decide the game - either in a win or loss. I want a fair, open game. With plenty of goals hopefully (against Liverpool :P)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It is the the big one. The biggest game of the season is upon us.

The game starts in a mere 67 minutes from the time of writing.

And there's no thread for this game, what?

Is this place dead or is this the anti-madrid sentiment at work. With an English team in the final, you'd think...

Anyway, I wish both teams the best.

Majority of people, as per usual, have voiced their predictions on various platforms that it'll be Liverpool who's going to win it. Same as last year with Juve, or the year before. This, despite the fact that all around Liverpool is weaker than PSG, weaker than Juve, and weaker than Bayern. All teams we've dispatched this season.

Let it be the third in a season.

Will it be 3??

This Real team is already an era defining team, if you ask me. 4th final in 5 years, 3 of those already won. 100 percent success rate so far. It underlines my previous exclamation that Real Madrid does not play finals, they win them.

Good luck to both teams!

As always, may the best win! I hope the better teams wins, really don't want the refs to decide the game - either in a win or loss. I want a fair, open game. With plenty goals hopefully.

Comments
srk_rox 6 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

The overconfidence tone your writing has and will be reflected by Real Madrid's players as well.
This might cost you the trophy

Amerr30 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

I'm not at all overconfident, just a bit annoyed at the disrespect shown by Liverpool fans towards consecutive winners.

Has been a tight game so far, Liverpool definitely on top. Real is attempting to slow the rhythm possibly because Liverpool's midfield wouldn't come out on top vs Reals.

However, that has not been going Reals way so far.

Real needs to change their approach

• History

I'm not at all overconfident, just a bit annoyed at the disrespect shown by Liverpool fans towards consecutive winners.

Has been a tight game so far, Liverpool definitely on top. Real is attempting to slow the rhythm possibly because Liverpool's midfield wouldn't come out on top vs Reals.

However, that has been going Reals way so far.

Real needs to change their approach

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

Sergio Ramos is a disgrace to football, 100% intentional.

Zakzook 6 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

@Amerr30

Jedi Master? No, more like Judo Master...

BlueBlueBlue 6 years ago
Chelsea, Serbia 0 38

This is almost as good as Stevie G slipping. Nice prediction 2:3 you almost had iiiit

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

In a typical Liverpool fashion, way too many mistakes especially from Karius. Wtf were those two silly goals. It's unfathomable how Bayern and Liverpool threw away their chances.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

It's hard to preform a decent evaluation of this game. Certainly Real deserved to win, but Liverpool without Salah is night and day. On a day where Ronaldo was honestly garbage, Real played well enough to win without him. Liverpool did not offer the same when Salah was withdrawn.

Karius...I cannot explain that. I can only assume that he never saw Benzema on that goal, and that shattered his confidence which led to the second mistake on the Bale goal. Those are two situations that I would've been disappointed if they had happened in a U8 match, let alone at the pinnacle of European soccer.

Speaking of Bale...that bicycle may be the best goal I have ever seen. Nothing but props for Bale, improved on Isco's game massively, which was a game of missed chances and bad turnovers.

Sadio Mane had a good game, but I did not realize he was such a piece of garbage player. The multiple dives, punch to Ramos (which I kind of get tbh), and general douchebaggery was not impressive.

As for Ramos himself I'll leave the jury out on that one. He does not have a good reputation, and with good cause, but I honestly don't blame him for the Salah injury, as it's Salah who is grabbing his arm and Ramos is barring it there. I will be very disappointed if Salah misses the World Cup. It will certainly be less for not having him there.

Liverpool's defense I thought was fantastic, and honestly was not to blame for any of the 3 goals. Lovern in particular would be my MOTM, which is incredible considering his team conceded 3 goals and lost, but there it is.

And finally, there is Zidane. He is now 3 for 3 in the Champions League, which means he's now won it more than than managers like Fergie and Mourinho, and he's done it in just 3 attempts. I cannot put into words how impressive that accomplishment is.

Congratulations to Real. They were the better team, and deserved to win. I would also like to thank them from sparing me from the Liverpool fans on social media.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

is this the anti-madrid sentiment at work?

Lol

Result was decided before the game, Klopp can't win in finals. Although WTF was Karius doing for both of those goals.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Great performance from Bale and Ramos!

Only disappointing moments for me were the two injuries. On that note, I genuinely don't think Ramos intended to injure Salah, as Salah was the one who hooked his arm around Sergio's first, which prompted Ramos to drag Salah to the ground with him when he tried to draw the foul. Really unfortunate injury to Salah, though, as I thought he would surely have a good game.

With full respect to Karius, you just can't make those mistakes at the top level. Liverpool supporters have every right to be upset with Karius. As with Klopp, a disgraceful performance from him. The moment Salah went off injured, he just proceeded to sit back and park the bus, leaving Sane and Firmino very isolated up top. Very, very disgraceful set-up from Klopp after the injury to Salah; you deserve to lose if that's the mindset you carry in the Champions League final.

Madrid looked like they were cruising for the remainder of the match after Salah went off... it never looked like they had to turn up the gear. I mean, Ronaldo was missing chances left and right, and he was still smiling for the entire match. Casemiro and Marcelo barely ever broke out of a light jog. Really shameful performance from Klopp, IMO, he should have continued to press and attack even with Salah out. His cowardice is what let Madrid get a solid grip on the match and win.

I'm not complaining, though. This Madrid has surpassed the legacy of the 1950's Madrid, in my opinion, as 4 Champions League titles in 5 years is superior to 5 European Cups in a row. Hala Madrid.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Cristiano hinting that he's leaving Madrid after this season :o He might just be mad with his performance but idk

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

With the success Madrid has been having, I don't think Cristiano will leave us until he is no longer able to play in the top level (I think he will retire rather than leave).

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

So first off, it was a dissapointing night for Liverpool and very much so for Karius. He completely missed his match. Salah injury was really sad, Ramos 100% didn't wanted that I'm sure but I'm still a bit sour about it. Will go down as a big what could have been tbf. Sad as well for Carjaval. Those two (him and Salah) didn't deserve that. Bale was brillant and deserved man of the match, his first goal was a beauty. He really did kind of stole the show. Ronaldo seemed a tiny bit dissapointed he couldn't score a goal this time around especially around the end but well, he still did what he had to do. Liverpool defense were sick, I hope they keep this up. In the end, it was a dramatic game of football and while I'm gutted for Liverpool, I'm really glad to see Bale coming back with such a performance, hopefully, this will shut up the rumours of him being sold in the summer. :)

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

that Bale goal was unreal, to score somethin' like that within 3 minutes in the UCL final. That first and second goal were the most Liverpool goals you can see.

I wouldn't want to be in Karius head now, sure, people make mistakes, but it will be probably impossible to fall asleep tonight. Such a shame that Ramos tried and succeeded with his attempt to injure Salah, would have been much different game.

Congrats Real.

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

Glad Bale didn’t gave him empty net tap in, because if it was so he would have pulled off his shirt and make headlines tomorrow while he had a mediocre game...

Anyway congrats Madrid, ZIdane has some super powers, got 2 corners in his direction in 98. And now having a talisman in his pocket as a coach, everything goes his way it’s insane.

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

@zakzook nice to see you here bro, it’s been a long time. Hope everything is going well in your country, so sorry for the treatment of these mad western countries France included...

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Liverpool did have to impecable tackles at the end to stop Real from scoring again. Robertson on Ronaldo was one of them.

I don't know what Ronaldo said but he's fallen off since the semi finals but he put in the work to get them there. Still I could see him going to MLS next year perhaps. But I'm sure Zidane Will shift him to a poacher CF staying only within the box instead of drifting wide.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

I felt the streaker did a great job at keeping the score down at 3-1.

agree with @quikzzzy Bales goal to do that in a final. Very special and I did see a celebration from Ronaldo too.

As for Karius, it was horrendous those 2 errors and just a strange game overall. I still thought that once Salah was off, I don’t think it would have mattered.

Shows that Liverpool and other EPL teams should maybe invest in keeping their players instead of selling to Madrid n Barca. I saw Danny Ings and Solanke on the bench for Liverpool and it was game over.

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

Salah to miss World Cup, I’m officially disgusted. Sad for Egypt.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Very sad for Salah to end his season like this. Real Madrid, once again, showing the world why they're the TOP. What a goal by Bale though.

• History

Very sad for Salah to end his season like this. What a goal by Bale though.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Sergio Ramos is biggest c&nt I have ever seen! Forget about Costa and Pepe! This guy tops them all. Liverpool were underdogs and go on to take out their best player in such unsportsmanship and street football dirty manner is complete disgrace! The guy now may miss the World Cup what a scumbag! I hope you Madrid fans are proud of having won because in my eyes and I am sure in many more you lost when you your captain , veteran and pride of the club pulls dirty move to purposely injury another player to gain even more advarange! I am disgusted and if you are real fan of football then you should be too!