Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL round of 16 : Real Madrid vs PSG, prediction and talk.
Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

The war has already started by approaching Neymar lately as a possible target for Madrid. For me it’s the game of round of 16, both teams are playing their season here, both coaches too...

Madrid : Only competition that they can compete for after Copa del Rey loss and the gap in la liga which unless a miracle will be lost too.
Zidane is playing his job here, you can end up trophiless but not with this kind of result or display. To be maintained he should get a winning streak in the league and at least a semifinal position in CL.

Unai Emery has never been totally trusted by PSG fans and journalists despite his EL results with Sevilla. He was praised vs Barca in first leg then highly criticized In La remuntada. At Paris, something is sure, you can win all domestic competitions there is only one that would looks like for owners and opinion as a real success : it’s the big ears cup. They have never reached semifinals and they would be shocked if they don’t qualify to quarters... Neymar and Mbappe were bought for CL, and so Lassana Diarra to reinforce midlefield.

A game where everyone can loose big while winner is just advancing to next round, biggest pressured game and a must WATCH.

What’s your first leg predictions ?

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

Too bad we can't vote 50-50 cause I think its gonna be real close no matter who win. Both team got really good attack on the paper but weaker defense. Real got some positive in this season CL despite a lackluster season and no doubt Zidane will do everything to motivate the team to do the impossible. Their experience and pedigree might just give them a edge.

PSG on the other hand, also need this, as they have spent so much in hope of winning this competition. If Neymar, Cavani and M'bappe all play and combine together, then they can be really dangerous for Madrid and score a lot of goal. PSG can also take control of the midfield with the quality they have there and if they do it, then the game will be much easier for them. They must not let Real get into their defensive zone however as their defense is both inexperienced and young and it will be complicated for them to defend agains the like of Ronaldo or Bale, especially if they are in form.

Edit: By the way, great thread.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Too bad we can vote 50-50 cause I think its gonna be real close no matter who win. Both team got really good attack on the paper but weaker defense. Real got some positive in this season CL despite a lackluster season and no doubt Zidane will do everything to motivate the team to do the impossible. Their experience and pedigree might just give them a edge.

PSG on the other hand, also need this, as they have spent so much in hope of winning this competition. If Neymar, Cavani and M'bappe all play and combine together, then they can be really dangerous for Madrid and score a lot of goal. PSG can also take control of the midfield with the quality they have there and if they do it, then the game will be much easier for them. They must not let Real get into their defensive zone however as their defense is both inexperienced and young and it will be complicated for them to defend agains the like of Ronaldo or Bale, especially if they are in form.

Too bad we can't vote 50-50 cause I think its gonna be real close no matter who win. Both team got really good attack on the paper but weaker defense. Real got some positive in this season CL despite a lackluster season and no doubt Zidane will do everything to motivate the team to do the impossible. Their experience and pedigree might just give them a edge.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

If Zidane doesn't change something PSG should go through, if he analyses the game well and gets clear idea what to do, chances are about even. Main thing is that both sides have problems.

raimondo90 6 years ago Edited
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Any time I doubt Real in CL they pull through somehow. If they bring their A game they can beat PSG but it's been such a mess for them you never know who steps up and who lets the team down. Especially the defense has been all over. PSG has so much to torove which could help them.

First leg PSG to win by a single goal margin.

• History

Any time I doubt Real in CL they pull through somehow. If they bring their A game they can beat PSG but it's been such a mess for them you never know who steps up and who lets the team down. Especially the defense has been all over. PSG has so much to torove which could help them.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

On paper and current form, PSG would win.

But football is not on paper, Real has all what i takes to go through. But they need to change, their motivation needs to change.

I dont think anyone here underestimate them right? Now they are underdog, it's always easier to play as an underdog. if they manage to pull themselves together: 50/50, and I hope they do

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

By the way guys, if we forget form and prediction, which team would you like to see trough the most?

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

TY emo.

For me Madrid could edge it only if their midlefield does wonders. Considering their strikers problems...
Huge pressure will be on PSG shoulders, they won 3 extra players ( Dani Alves, Neymar, Mbappe) who all get better under pressure.
From actual form 50-50 looks optimistic in Madrid favor, for me it will be 70-30. Hoping to see PSG choke in one of these two games.
Madrid should prevent PSG from scoring in first leg, a 0-0 would look as a good result. A 1-0 would be perfect. I personally see a 2-2.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

PSG is a stronger team this season and this is their game of the year.

Real Madrid wants to save their own season so they will go into the matchup having more pressure than PSG and honestly guys like Neymar, Di Maria, Cavani can smell blood from miles away...a miracle from Zidane can save Real Madrid.

IMO PSG should be able to win both games and make a big statement for the rest of the teams that are left.
Real Madrid in my eyes can just edge out PSG by small margins, but there is still time for them to prepare, if there is a team that should be able to deal with such a big pressure it has to the top football team of all time and we know that we can't really write off Real Madrid.
PSG has themselves as their biggest weakness, if they underestimate Real Madrid they can pay the price and they don't have enough big games as a messure of how good they are as a team or not but motivation shouldn't be a problem, only overconfidence.

Kroos has been the best midfield player in Europe in the last few seasons in a row, together with Modric if they could find once again the game tempo that they like the matchup could feel for them like any other game and in that situation the whole squad could take control over the game.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo @Tiki Yeah, I think important part of the game will be played in midfield, the player in the middle are gonna have one heck of important role for sure because of that, no doubt how good they perform might be the difference in victory of defeat. Really hard to predict a winner for me.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

PSG have the advantage, RM defends like a joke.

But these games they perform. If Casemiro and Ramos especially perform they may win. Really tough to predict, I will come back before match day 100%

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

I feel PSG is a bit overated by our community if I'm sincere, yeah, they are a very good team but Marquinhos will very good is not world class, Kimpembe has great potential but is young and lack experience and Thiago Silva is propably in his last year at the top level. Lets not even talk about their goalkeeper situation. They have one of the weakest defensive unit amid the top team in europe and their midfield and attack mask this in France, but it isn't enough against the top gun in CL. Not unless those player have brillant game at least. Thats how I feel anyway.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

It's going to be a moment of truth for PSG in this matchup. Some might say it's a bit hard for them since they got in the first knockout round the defending and back to back champion but I don't think that is an excuse cause Real Madrid let some players go and they are not really showing why they are the La liga winners from last season so IMO if anything this is a perfect chance for PSG to show or lets say prove that they are not overrated.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo That I completely agree with you. If they really want people to take them seriously, there would be nothing better than this. And as you said, it could be quite a good occasion for them as Madrid is not in their best form compared to other year. The manager strategy and player form will no doubt be the difference.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I have a feeling Madrid would do well, PSG with their Neymar Saga and Mbape doesn't produce wonder recently :D

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Real will go through. I have little doubt to no doubt that PSG doesn't have the caliber of management to carry out the set goals. Healthy Madrid is still very strong.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

It's gonna be Madrid's final attempt at salvaging something out of this season so they better play like it on Wednesday. I think PSG will have more possession and Madrid will create most of their chances from counter attacks. Bale's performance will be very important for this game since he's dangerous in counters with his pace and is also the one who helps out on defense the most from the three up front. Ronaldo and Benz are gonna have to chip in as well.

I don't think Madrid will win this game, but I hope I'm wrong. Whatever happens just hope it's a contested close game and Madrid doesn't get rocked lol :p

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

Last Madrid game was promising, we will have a battle after all.
Both defenses look shaky, the winner would highly depend on defensive performance both legs.

Yvan21 6 years ago Edited
0 440

I slept through that game, so I can't really comment on how well Madrid played but the score is promising for sure. One thing is that Madrid have lacked consistency in recent games, like beating Depor 7-1 and then losing to Leganes at home, or beating Valencia 4-1 at Mestalla and then 2-2 against Levante. Now they're coming off a 5-2 win so who knows what will happen, just hope the pattern doesn't carry over to champions league :p

• History

I slept through that game, so I can't really comment on how well Madrid played but the score is promising for sure. One thing is that Madrid have lacked consistency in recent games, like beating Depor 7-1 and then losing to Alaves at home, or beating Valencia 4-1 at Mestalla and then 2-2 against Levante. Now they're coming off a 5-2 win so who knows what will happen, just hope the pattern doesn't carry over to champions league :p

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Yvan21 I hope for you and the rest of the Madrid fanbase it doesn't carry over. Even a small lose at home could make very hard for Real to comeback. All the best mate.

@Tiki It gonna be very interesting thats for sure. PSG form worry me a bit but we will see. :)

@Marcus We'll see that very soon. I know I wouldn't be suprise for Real to go trough but then again, for me, its a hard game to predict. Can't wait. :D

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Tiki_taka10

Hoping to see PSG choke in one of these two games.

Weren’t you a Barcelona fan? I wonder why you want Real to win

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@amir_keal Maybe he think PSG are more dangerous than Real Madrid this year, that and I know he like other French team more than PSG. Tiki is actually pretty close to what happened in France and I bet he never was a fan of the quatar takeover but thats just how I feel. ;)