Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Continental Dream Team Cup
MessiDona 12 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

So i had a very very weird dream last night where i was in a stadium on a weird island and there was actually a cup where continents play against each other and jus saw a bit of action. I woke up with a smile and continued to think about it during work and thought about what players would be best for each continent. 

You guys got to help me out here for the other continents, only exception is Europe will be split in 2 due to excessive amazing players, western and eastern europe (below germany and on.) Choose an 11, with 6 subs. I just thought of South America so far. 

GK- Julio Cesar
Def-  Dani Alvez RB, Lucio CB, Thiago Silva LB(i know hes a CB but i think he'd be a better LB then marcelo)
Mid-  Kaka LM, Messi CAM, Mascherano CDM, RM Di Maria
Fwd - Hulk RF, Aguero CF,  Sanchez LF 

Subs - Suarez, Forlan, Lavezzi, Marcelo, Maicon, Robinho

Comments
kenkichiotaka 12 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

Formation: 4-4-2

Goalkeeper - Ali Al-Habsi

Wigan Athletic and Oman

Wigan miraculously escaped relegation last season and if there was someone to thank for that, it has to be Ali Al-Habsi. The Omani goalkeeper was in fantastic form while on loan from Bolton, leading to him being voted as the Latics' Player of the Year for 2011.

The Omani international officially joined Wigan last summer and has continued to dominate between the sticks. His influential outings for Roberto Martinez' men has indeed propelled him to greater heights in terms of stature and recognition.

Right-back - Makoto Hasebe

VfL Wolfsburg and Japan

Captain of the victorious Japanese side at the AFC Asian Cup 2011, Hasebe helped his nation to a record fourth title in Doha, Qatar.

The versatile full-back also marked a personal milestone in his club career, when he recorded his 100th Bundesliga appearance with Wolfsburg against Mainz in early December.

Centre-back - Lee Jung-Soo

Al Sadd and South Korea

As far as 2011 was concerned, Lee Jung-Soo was an inevitable picture of resilience and perseverance at the heart of Al Sadd's defence. He was hugely influential in their AFC Champions League triumph, while also being equally impressive for the South Korean national team.

Lee also played his part in Al Sadd's dream run in the Fifa Club World Championships, where his team finished third.

Centre-back - Li Weifeng

Tianjin Teda and China

After leaving K-League side Suwon Samsung to join Tianjin Teda last January, Li Weifeng has been a revelation for the Chinese side. The veteran defender transformed into one of the most important players in the Tianjin dressing room, helping them lift the Chinese FA Cup in the process.

Weifeng also reclaimed his spot in the national team after the arrival of Jose Antonio Camacho and has been a regular fixture since.

Left-back - Yuto Nagatomo

Inter and Japan

Already rated as one of the most versatile defenders in Asia, Nagatomo was absolutely brilliant for Italian side Inter this year. Defensively solid and equally impressive on the attack as well, Yuto also played an integral role in Japan's Asian Cup triumph in January, an event that convinced Inter Milan to snap him up on loan.

Right midfield - Park Ji-Sung

Manchester United and South Korea

Park Ji-Sung was a key figure in Manchester United's record-breaking 19th English league title last season, while also featuring for the Red Devils in their Champions League final defeat to Barcelona.

Park was in commanding mood during South Korea's run to third placing in the Asian Cup, before announcing his retirement from international football.

Centre midfield - Mojtaba Jabbari

Esteghlal and Iran

2011 was by far the best year in Mojtaba Jabbari's career so far, as he was crucial in Esteghlal's second-place finish in the Iranian Premier Football League.

Often hailed as the Iranian Zidane, Jabbarani will also be remembered and hailed for his goal in the Tehran derby match against Persepolis last September, in which he was voted the man of the match.

Centre midfield - Server Djeparov

FC Seoul/Al Shabab and Uzbekistan

The goalscoring midfielder has been in glittering form for both club and country this year, carrying a vital role in Uzbekistan’s impressive Asian cup campaign that saw them march all the way into the semi finals.

He also helped FC Seoul win the double in the K-League before joining Al Shabab last July. To cap a brilliant year, Djeparov was also voted as the Asian Player of the Year for 2011.

Left midfield - Matt McKay

Brisbane Roar/Rangers and Australia

The hard-working midfielder had an exceptional 2011 where he emerged as a Socceroos regular, whilst captaining Brisbane to the A-League double before earning a dream move to Scottish champions Rangers.

Australia boss Holger Osieck plucked McKay out of the A-League and threw his faith in him and was aptly rewarded during the Asian Cup, in which the flexible midfielder showed his quality.

Striker - Lee Dong-Gook

Jeonbuk Motors and South Korea

Lee Dong-Gook responded to his critics with an explosive 2011 as he impressed on all fronts for Jeonbuk Motors. Absolutely dominant in Jeonbuk's K-League title win, Lee also broke records in the process with 16 goals and 15 assists.

The ex-Middlesbrough striker also played a key role in Jeonbuk's run to the ACL final but his impact was hampered by an untimely injury as his side lost on penalties. Lee's performances also won him a recall to the South Korean national team.

Striker - Joshua Kennedy

Nagoya Grampus and Australia

Joshua Kennedy continued to prove his credibility with Nagoya Grampus in the J-League this season, scoring 19 goals to finish the season as top scorer for the second consecutive time.

The former Wolfsburg man was also equally irrepressible for the Socceroos, scoring a total of eight goals this year to cap an impressive 2011.

SUBS

GoalkeeperDefender
Midfielder
Midfielder

Mark Schwarzer (AUS)

Hadi Aghily (IRN)

Ahmad Bustomi (IDN)

Shinji Kagawa (JPN)
Striker
StrikerStriker

Safee Sali (MAS)

Park Chu-Young (KOR)

Mike Havenaar (JPN)

From GOAL.COM

kenkichiotaka 12 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

Although I think that Kawashima and Kagawa should be in the best 11......

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Europe would be way too hard to list!!!!

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Europe I'd think this would be good:
Playing 4-2-3-1

GK-Casillas
LB- Evra CB- Puyol CB- Kompany RB- Sergio Ramos
CDM- Xabi Alonso CDM- Schweinsteiger
LAM- Iniesta CAM- Xavi RAM- Ronaldo
ST- Mario Gomez
Subs- Neuer, Pique, Lahm, Snejider, Busquets, Robben, Roney

CR7skillz 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 22 329

in europe i think this would be great

Gk - Casillas

LB - Capdevila  CB - Pepe  CB - Vertonghen RB- Sergio Ramos

CDM - Parker

LAM - Iniesta  CAM - Ozil  RAM- Hazard

LS - C.Ronaldo  RS - Walcott

Subs - Hart , Kompany , Arbeloa , Sneijder , Fabregas , Dzeko , Van Persie

manchesterutI 12 years ago
Real Madrid, England 23 388

Walcott??? Might as well add Torres and Carrol in there or the cat that was on the field Tot-Lpool game.
Mine would be : Buffon   Puyol,Komapny,Pique     Xavi,Iniesta,Robben,Ozil   Christina,Van Perise, Rooney.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@Rimondo: I am very surprised you would start Evra over Lahm. He has been fantastic on both the left & Right.

Jaewon 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 3 73

Europe: 4-3-2-1
GK: De Gea (he might make some mistakes but he's got a lot of POTENTIAL)

LB: Evra
CB:Kompany
CB: Vidic
RB: Lahm

CM: Iniesta
CM: Xavi
CM: Fabregas

LF: Ronaldo
RF: Messi
ST: Van Persie

Jaewon 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 3 73

oh sry robben instead of messi, cause messi from argentina.

MessiDona 12 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

no one wants to do north america or australlia lol ?
africa would have some solid players 

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@footaholic it's kinda tough decision but I feel like Evra is more physical and he does decent when he pushes up the pitch