Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Controversial transfers
_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

We know that Ronaldo to Barca or Messi to Real madrid is never going to happen, but if we put the absolutely impossible transfers aside and if we don't take the probability too much into account, which transfers would you consider very controversial if they happened?

I'll try with a few... Neymar to Real madrid, Donnarumma to Inter and Ozil to Tottenham.

Comments
Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Eden17HAzard17 the only thing more controversial than Totti going to lazio would be if De Rossi joined him LOL

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Lewandowski to Bayern
Gotze to Bayern
Hummels to Bayern,
oh wait, FML FAM

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

heres a good one,
Arsene Wenger to coach Bayern!!!! If you cant beat them , join them!

Bendtner to Tottenham

Cesc Fabregas to Tottenham

Diego Costa to Real Madrid

AAron Ramsey to Stoke

_Pelle_ 6 years ago

@Golazo... that makes it one player every 2,5 year playing for the rival over a +100 year period. But what's very controversial is when an iconic player leaves for the closest rival. You'd barely see someone like go to Zanetti to Milan or Maldini to Inter... Or Baresi in Milan and Inter lol

Anyway I will never forget Umit Davala from fifa WC 2002 when he tried and failedto copy Beckhams mohawk hairstyle... and when he met Ronaldo and his triangle on the forehead XD

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I'm just saying that some clubs like Inter and AC Milan have had a history of having the same players and thus it's not as much controversial compared to other crazy transfers.
Meaning that I wouldn't find it so much controversial if Donnarumma was to leave AC Milan after everything that happen and if he was to move to Inter it wouldn't be as much as a scandal of the move itself - but rather the already established dislike towards him by the AC Milan fans, for example.

It would have been very controversial if Zanetti had joined AC Milan at his time because he was the long life term captain of Inter, no doubt about that.
Also something that some might see as controversial is that his brother Cristiano played for Italy while Javier has the most caps for Argentina, so even knowing that Italy and Argentina are very close countries sort of speak, some might have seen that as controversial.

Still when you see which names shared the colors of both clubs it wouldn't be a new thing if Icardi was to leave since bigger names than him had played for both clubs, even so it would be a bigger scandal today since he is one of the best players of Inter currently and also their captain, at the time when Inter is rebuilding their team.

Even so I always felt that there had been a bigger reaction when Juventus was signing players from other italian clubs, comapred to Inter/Milan switches.
Example is Baggio, he was a big controversial Juventus signing from Fiorentina, the general public was very angry, but then later on when he joined AC Milan and afterwards Inter it wasn't a big deal at all (ofc he joined Inter at the late stage of his career so that also might have contributed to that).

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo I guess I understand your point better, obviously, team involved isn't the only thing that matter for controversial transfer. The mean, the moment, the importance of a player and even how the fan feel about the player are all factor that can make a transfer a mostly normal one to a most controversial one.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago

Donnarumma to Inter would be the cherry on the top... if he leaves for another club, especially if he goes abroad, after some time the controversy will slowly fade away. If he goes to Inter the controversies will always be very present. Just my opinion.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Adebayor back to Arsenal

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Wenger to United, or Mourinho to Arsenal.

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

How about the rumours linking Alderweireld to us?

I think he may well be on the way out from Spurs, but given he will be 29 in the next transfer window and the talent we already have in Christensen, and also Zouma out on loan, I'm not sure the board will go for him. Could be one to watch though.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Neymar will go to Real eventually. He will go through the same path of Ronaldo de Lima.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@legends16 Only reason imo to go for Alderweireld would be if there is a need to replace Cahill which doesn't seem a priority right now, will see though.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Marcus,

Yeah, it does look like Neymar dos Santos will end up at Real. Would be interesting to see if it happens while Messi/Suarez are still at Barca.