Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Copa del Rey - Real Madrid vs Barcelona Have your say.
tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Previewing the Clasico: The line-ups, Messi, doubts, Vinicius, VAR...

enter image description here

The second leg of the Copa del Rey semi-final between Real Madrid and Barcelona at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday night will be one of those matches that is pinpointed at the end of the season as being decisive, either in a positive or negative sense.

The winner will go on to the final and face either Real Betis or Valencia, while the loser will be filled with disappointment after losing to their most bitter rivals.

The 1-1 scoreline from the Camp Nou means that the match is very open going into the second leg and that will no doubt result in a fascinating spectacle on the pitch, just three days before they face off again in LaLiga Santander, also at the Bernabeu.

The two coaches, Santiago Solari and Ernesto Valverde, come into the game in a good frame of mind.

For Valverde, he saw his side twice come from behind as they beat Sevilla 4-2 away, which eased a few of the doubts that were starting to creep in, particularly after a toothless performance against Lyon in the first leg of their last 16 tie in the Champions League. There is the possibility of the treble at Barcelona this season and the club will hope that Valverde's recent contract extension brings some stability going into the final stretch of the season.

Solari, for his part, has managed to recover a team that looked doomed earlier in the season. The home defeat to Girona on 17 February was a step backwards, but the team have a foot in the next round of the Champions League and will like their chances of reaching the Copa del Rey final.The doubtsBoth coaches have almost an entire squad to choose from, yet there are still a few doubts coming into the first Clasico of the week in terms of who should start..

- Who would you prefer Barcelona to play at right-back ?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The second leg of the Copa del Rey semi-final between Real Madrid and Barcelona at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday night will be one of those matches that is pinpointed at the end of the season as being decisive, either in a positive or negative sense.The winner will go on to the final and face either Real Betis or Valencia, while the loser will be filled with disappointment after losing to their most bitter rivals.The 1-1 scoreline from the Camp Nou means that the match is very open going into the second leg and that will no doubt result in a fascinating spectacle on the pitch, just three days before they face off again in LaLiga Santander, also at the Bernabeu.

The two coaches, Santiago Solari and Ernesto Valverde, come into the game in a good frame of mind. For Valverde, he saw his side twice come from behind as they beat Sevilla 4-2 away, which eased a few of the doubts that were starting to creep in, particularly after a toothless performance against Lyon in the first leg of their last 16 tie in the Champions League. There is the possibility of the treble at Barcelona this season and the club will hope that Valverde's recent contract extension brings some stability going into the final stretch of the season. Solari, for his part, has managed to recover a team that looked doomed earlier in the season. The home defeat to Girona on 17 February was a step backwards, but the team have a foot in the next round of the Champions League and will like their chances of reaching the Copa del Rey final.The doubtsBoth coaches have almost an entire squad to choose from, yet there are still a few doubts coming into the first Clasico of the week in terms of who should start..

• Who would you prefer Barcelona to play at right-back ?
  • Who would you prefer Real Madrid to play at left-back ?

The second leg of the Copa del Rey semi-final between Real Madrid and Barcelona at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday night will be one of those matches that is pinpointed at the end of the season as being decisive, either in a positive or negative sense.The winner will go on to the final and face either Real Betis or Valencia, while the loser will be filled with disappointment after losing to their most bitter rivals.The 1-1 scoreline from the Camp Nou means that the match is very open going into the second leg and that will no doubt result in a fascinating spectacle on the pitch, just three days before they face off again in LaLiga Santander, also at the Bernabeu.

The two coaches, Santiago Solari and Ernesto Valverde, come into the game in a good frame of mind. For Valverde, he saw his side twice come from behind as they beat Sevilla 4-2 away, which eased a few of the doubts that were starting to creep in, particularly after a toothless performance against Lyon in the first leg of their last 16 tie in the Champions League. There is the possibility of the treble at Barcelona this season and the club will hope that Valverde's recent contract extension brings some stability going into the final stretch of the season. Solari, for his part, has managed to recover a team that looked doomed earlier in the season. The home defeat to Girona on 17 February was a step backwards, but the team have a foot in the next round of the Champions League and will like their chances of reaching the Copa del Rey final.The doubtsBoth coaches have almost an entire squad to choose from, yet there are still a few doubts coming into the first Clasico of the week in terms of who should start..

• Who would you prefer Barcelona to play at right-back ?
Comments
quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

and Suarez leave.

nothing

Madridista11 5 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Tiki

I'm ok with you or anyone taking shots at my team. That's a part of why sports is entertaining. But I can swear that even the slightest banter towards Barcelona makes things personal for you. I remember someone asking who will win UCL, and you went crazy just because I said "not Barcelona" after the 4-0 against psg.

You're honestly hard to chat with sometimes. Even when your team has nothing to do with us you come out of nowhere to mock or insult Madrid. I'm starting to think that your hate for Real is bigger than your love for your team, hell most of your contribution on this forum is dedicated to Real, Ronaldo, or anyone associated with them.

All I'm saying is, you can dish it out but you can't take it. I advise you to change that.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@quikzy

Why would you say that when the guy scored a hat-rick against biggest rival in La Liga just recently?

Dynastian98 5 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Real is NOT the best team in the last 5 years, despite wining CL back to back. They dont have the long run in La Liga, can even win it there.

You act like we lost La Liga by 12-15 points per season.

2013/14 - 87 points (lost by 3)
2014/15 - 92 points (lost by 2)
2015/16 - 90 points (lost by 1)
2016/17 - 93 points (won by 3)
2017/18 - 76 points (lost by 17)

If every season was like 2017/18, then I'd understand that opinion. But saying Madrid isn't the best team of the past 5 years, when they've won 4 out of 5 Champions Leagues and lost the league by AT MOST 3 points is just ignorance of Madrid's league results or hatred and envy for Madrid's continental success.

I hope you realize that we've also had more crucial injuries over these years than Barcelona during stretches of the league run. In 2014/15 particularly, right after the 22-game win streak, James and Modric both got injured for months at a time. We lost the league by 2 points. I think having James and Modric for a few games would have helped us win back 2 points lost.

In 2013/14, when we lost the league by 3 points, Bale was injured for an extensive period of time. Bale was one of our best performers that season under Ancelotti. 2015/16, when we lost by ONE, Bale was again one of our best players and he was injured for like half the season.

We've always had the luck to be fit 100% just around CL knockouts, so that's why it looks like we do much better at the end of the season than the middle/beginning. If we had the fitness stability of Messi, Iniesta, Rakitic, Busquets, Suarez, etc., we would have won at least 1-2 more league titles.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Real is NOT the best team in the last 5 years, despite wining CL back to back. They dont have the long run in La Liga, can even win it there.

If every season was like 2017/18, then I'd understand that opinion. But saying Madrid isn't the best team of the past 5 years, when they've won 4 out of 5 Champions Leagues and lost the league by AT MOST 3 points is just ignorance of Madrid's league results or hatred and envy for Madrid's continental success.

I hope you realize that we've also had more crucial injuries over these years than Barcelona during stretches of the league run. In 2014/15 particularly, right after the 22-game win streak, James and Modric both got injured for months at a time. We lost the league by 2 points. I think having James and Modric for a few games would have helped us win back 2 points lost.

In 2013/14, when we lost the league by 3 points, Bale was injured for an extensive period of time. Bale was one of our best performers that season under Ancelotti. 2015/16, when we lost by ONE, Bale was again one of our best players and he was injured for like half the season.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@Marcus2011 Well yeah, but he still isn't as important for Barca than Messi and Busquet. Also, like I said earlier, his consistency hasn't been too great. As long as they replace him with a good striker, pretty sure Barca wouldn't miss him too much.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Marcus2011 He has been terrible in UCL since the treble season. Barca needs to find a replacement the sooner the better.

Luis Suarez scored only 4 goals in the last 24 games in Uefa Champions League

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@quikzy

Doesn't he offer stability in La Liga? He scored 16 goals and 5 assists. Barely ever gets injured and seems to have a good work rate ethics. He creates much needed space for Messi dragging the opposition backline. Idk to me it seems like what he lacks in UCL, he offers in La Liga and quite well.