Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Could footyroom bring back dislikes on the forum?
Arsenal786 8 years ago
Arsenal, England 2 11

So i was reading previous threads on footyroom around 3-4 years ago and I saw some comments with thumbs downs. I thought it would be a great idea to bring it back but I have an innovative way to bring it back. Instead of likes and dislikes overlapping each other, I would like comments to have a section near the comment to see how many likes and dislikes the comment had and you can click on the likes and dislikes to see which user liked/disliked the comment which would make discussions more interesting,

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

As much as I'd love having a dislike button on this forum for personal use, I can see why it was removed. All you would need are two or three downvote fairies and that would cause people to skim over content. For example, if there is a large post with several downvotes on it, I probably wouldn't read it, or even if I did, I already would have a predisposed notion as to my opinion of it.

In addition, there really isn't any behaviour on here that needs to be curbed with downvotes. We don't have trolling on the forum, and even when we're having an argument, it still stays pretty respectful. The worst we get are attacks on teams, not the users themselves. (With the possible exception of Chelsea fans + tiki). But even that doesn't require downvotes to curb, as there are plenty of users that mediate.

I don't really think it's necessary, and pardon the pun, the negatives outweigh the positives.

Arsenal786 8 years ago
Arsenal, England 2 11

Down votes don't necessarily need to be for trolling. It could be if a person disagreed on a persons opinion they could down vote it to show the other users you don't agree on their point etc.

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

I'm with sunflash

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

LIKE FOR @SUNFLASH