Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Do you think that Spain is an overrated team?
bloodred1992 12 years ago
Manchester United, Portugal 15 300

We all know that Spain were great in World Cup 2010, but consistency matters. Spain have lost some matches to big teams like Portugal, England and Italy despite putting forward their full strength squad. While these matches, being friendlies, might not be important, it honestly shows that Spain are struggling and might not be able to successfully defend their Euro title.

Comments
SeeingRedandBlack 12 years ago
AC Milan, Spain 2 38

I don't think so, they're very focused when it comes to cups, qualifiers, but seem to care far less about friendlies. They always turn the style on come something important!

Raymundo 12 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 17 45

ja,some times i think they are overrated only some times but they are great with the best players,in worldcup lucky 1-0 to portugal und Germany,also lucky 08 Euro final over Germany, 2-1 over Paraguay und in der final bad referee mistake from Howard Webb to give goalkick when ball clearly deflect off wall from Sneijder freekick,i think is lucky rather than overrated because they have fantastic players.

Yes you have a point Raymundo, they do get lucky at times. But they might need a lot more than luck come Euro 2012 because several teams have shown that they have an answer to their tiki-taka(which personally I find slow and boring). This means the Euro 2012 will not exactly be a walk in the park for them.

10Messi 12 years ago
Barcelona, Guatemala 0 3

i gtta agree, they got lucky. cuzz if you look at their line-ups in these friendlies in my opinion they should have totally won. Like versus costa rica (final score 2-2) they tied cuzz of pure luck. Dont get me wrong, they got GREAT players but sometimes they get luck too much

10Messi 12 years ago
Barcelona, Guatemala 0 3

i gtta agree, they got lucky. cuzz if you look at their line-ups in these friendlies in my opinion they should have totally won. Like versus costa rica (final score 2-2) they tied cuzz of pure luck. Dont get me wrong, they got GREAT players but sometimes they get luck too much

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

a good team, but not a very entertaining team to watch. Germany is the best and they're always entertaining to watch.

Raymundo 12 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 17 45

Once a German always a German nice one Heisinburg

Yup Germany were awesome at World Cup 2010! Shame that teams like Germany and Portugal lost to Spain and world said that the beautiful game won.

Azandre_69 12 years ago
Chelsea, France 9 114

They are a good team with too many good players but if you take barca and real players outofthe team, they wouldn't be much. They do get lucky and i think people overrate them coz they won world cup.

Official 12 years ago
4 71

I completely agree. Spain did well in the Euro 2008, but during the World Cup 2010 they had too much luck. They beat Portugal with one goal, the goal was offside, and later they only scored one goal per game. It is not exactly very entertaining to watch. As you said, they have also been crushed 4-0 by Portugal, 2-0 by Italy and 1-0 by England. To say it the easy way: Spain need luck to succeed.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

They are a talented team, with many good mids, defenders and strikers- 2 of the best teams in the world are real and barca (not no.1 both teams lost in CL semi-final) and those 2 teams pretty make up the spanish squad!

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I think they lost their rate during their defeats that's why we don't talk so much about Spain.

udikman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Indonesia 21 323

I'm always played spain in Pes . they teamwork are best

ikoiko 12 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

Spain may be a tad overrated, especially since their world cup triumph, but the team does consist of some of the best players in the world today. Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Puyol, David Silva... the list goes on. Luck is a huge part of football, but fortune favors the bold. Also there a many players on the national team that aren't in Barca or Madrid; David Silva, Iker Muniain (who has taken David Villa's place i believe, and is in great form), Javier Martinez, Roberto Soldado, Joan Capdivila, Juan Mata, Fernando Llorente... What if a great portion of the Spanish team plays together in a club team? That doesn't take away from a player's quality of football. In fact, that indeed proves they are a great team, and there should be no question that they are anything but great, because of their constant chemistry with each other. La puta patria.

Maniac 12 years ago
England 4 50

Spain are still good.

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Spain is the best National team in the world!
The have so many top class players for one position..
Just thought that Juan mata who is an Amazing player is on the bench because there are better players to play...The same as fabregas..
Forwards:Llorente,Soldado,David Villa,Torres,Pedro,Negredo,Iker Muniain..
Midfielders:Xavi,Iniesta,Xabi alonso,Busqeuts,Fabregas,Borja Valero,David Silva,Santi Cazorla,Thiago Alcantara,Jesus Navas..
Defenders:Pique,Puyol,Ramos,Arbeloa,Jordi Alba,Iraola,Javi Martinez,Albiol,Capdevilla..
 Difficult to be Spain's Coach you may be get dizzy in order to select only 11 to play..
:)