Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL First Week Best Player?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Which player did you think had the best performance in the opening week of the EPL?

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Mendy and Pereyra deserve a shout in particular for me, the former assisted the two goal against Arsenal while the latter scored two goal against Brighton to give Watford their first victory of the season.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

From the ones that I've seen, I thought Ruben Neves was brilliant. Definitely keeping an eye on that player. A potential target we could sign.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

From the ones that I've seen, I think Ruben Neves was brilliant. Definitely keeping an eye on that player. A potential target we could sign.

serans 6 years ago
Manchester United, Poland 3 203

Matteo Guendouzi had probably best debut game. Mendy really surprised me, didn't now he is that good - he is for me player of the week.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

R I C H A R L I S O N
Can dribble and tall enough to deal with stoke city tactics.

• History

R I C H A R L I S O N

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@serans Agreed, sure, some could argue Guendouzi pedigree isn't impressive and that he could have done better on Sterling goal but the truth is, I found him very impressive for his age. Lots of desire and of fighting spirit, alway wanting to get on the ball. Hope he play like this all season, he certainly won me over. Also, yeah, Mendy was really good despite not getting much game time in the world cup, he seem to fit Pep strategy perfectly. Can't wait to see more of him. :D

@iHEART That he was, his goal was a screamer! :D

@baldgenius Sadly, I have no doubt he was really good but his goal just weren't very impressive for me in this opening week. If he keep scoring however, he could be one of the key player of his team at the end of the season. :D By the, are you turning into an Everton supporter? You sure seem hype about them for this season. :)

• History

@serans Agreed, sure, some could argue Guendouzi pedigree isn't impressive and that he could have done better on Sterling goal but the truth is, I found him very impressive for his age. Lots of desire and of fighting spirit, alway wanting to get on the ball. Hope he play like this all season, he certainly won me over. Also, yeah, Mendy was really good despite not getting much game time in the world cup, he seem to fit Pep strategy perfectly. Can't wait to see more of him. :D

@iHEART That he was, his goal was a screamer! :D

@Richarlison Sadly, I have no doubt he was really good but his goal just weren't very impressive for me in this opening week. If he keep scoring however, he could be one of the key player of his team at the end of the season. :D By the, are you turning into an Everton supporter? You sure seem hype about them for this season. :)

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@emo Everton seems to have a clear plan this season

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@thebaldgenius Hope for their sake thats true. Would be interested to see if it work out though. :)

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Jagielka.

For real though, probably Tarkowski for me. I thought he played great in Burnley's shutout.

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Benjamin Mendy ;)

• History

Bernard Mendy ;)

Marcus2011 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Ruben Neves. Awful future awaits a boy if he continues it in this manner because United are keeping an eye on him.

Also Kante as always magnificent. Other notable player is Richarlson ... never seen him before, who da fook is that guy?

• History

Ruben Neves. Awful future awaits the boy if he continues it in this manner because United are keeping an eye on him.

bluezz 6 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

^he played for watford last season was always decent but dives alot lol

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Marcus2011 @Bluezz To be fair, I didn't knew who he was either till Everton suddenly chose to splash the cash on him. He certainly making it feel like it was the right move though with his two goal in his official debut.

@Sunflash Didn't watch Burnley game but it sure sound like he was extremely solid. Think Burnley will have another incredible season?

@tiki Crazy to think he wasn't in France starting eleven, just goes to show how stacked you guys are with talented player.

• History

@Marcus2011 @Bluezz To be fair, I didn't knew who he was either till Everton suddenly chose to splash the cash on him. He certainly making it feel like it was the right move though with his two goal in his official debut.

DannyZeek 6 years ago
5 31

SADIO MANE.

His pace and everything was phenomenal

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@DannyZeek Yeah, he was really good but its a shame he was offside on his second goal. :(

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Hazard totally out of shape comes in from the bench with some extra pounds came on and passed by 3 players and made a through-the-legs pass to Pedro for the goal.

For the amount of minutes in, most impact.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo True that, considering how little he was on the field, he made a big difference for his team. ;) What did you think of Jorginho in that game though? Look good to me. :D

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo Jorginho was worth his price tag, though his technique of shooting penalties is just equally stressing as it is exciting to watch...xD

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo :P I dunno, he seemed pretty confident to me.