Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

ESPN's Top 10 Goals of 2017
raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

As another year has gone by ESPN compiled a list of originally 100 goals. I watched the special and wrote down the top 10 goals to share with you guys. Frankly, some surely dont belong on the top 10 but here is their opinion.

10. Jordi Mnoula vs. BVB (22 of February)

9. Arjen Robben vs. Arsenal (15 of February)

8. Rooney vs. Stoke (21 of January)

7. Torres vs Celta (12 of February)

6. Messi vs. Eibar (21 of May)

5. Valencia vs Everton (17 of September)

4. Brignoli vs. Milan (3 of December)

3. Depay vs Toulouse (12 of March)

2. Neymar vs Celta (4 of March)

1. Giroud vs. Crystal Palace (1 of January)

What do you guys think? Any better goals left out by ESPN?

Comments
amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Giroud at number 1, nice. But many better goals are missing like Carroll’s goal and Can’s goal

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Brignoli is there ha, seeing that always makes me laugh, it's like the least technical header ever and goes in. So much banter there :P

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Amir, those goals were indeed in the top 100. I can't recall the exact places but I did get to see them. I didn't really find ESPNs judgement to be fair/consistent.

@Sun, it's rare you see a goalie score like that so its pretty special. But in terms of quality there's probably better headers.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@raimondo To be fair, it can be tough to make a top 100 list, after all, there so many footage to choose from and of course it will be hard to have the same opinion as another person. It can be even tougher if they need to do it as a group and there is many people selecting it.

Really liked Torres goal btw. Giroud in first spot make a lot of sense seeing how he won the Puskas with it. Its hard to get bored of seeing it. Also, was Boateng goal scored in 2017 or in 2016? I don't remember... :(

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Wait, Messi's goal vs Eibar. Isn't that a meter OFFSIDE goal??????

Pupper 6 years ago Edited
Juventus 0 214

Yes, but it's not that goal that made the list. His solo goal in the same match was the reason. (I'm assuming)

And I also don't think these goals are close to be the top 10 goals of 2017, with the exception of Giroud's.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yes, but it's not the goal that made this list. His offside goal and solo goal (the goal in this list) in the video below.

And I also don't think these goals are close to be the top 10 goals of 2017, with the exeption of Giroud's.

Yes, but it's not the goal that made this list. His offside goal and solo goal (the goal in this list) in the video below.

And I also don't think these goals are close to be the top 10 goals of 2017, with the exception of Giroud's.

Edit: I see now I posted the same video, my bad..

Yes, but it's not that goal that made the list. His solo goal in the same match was the reason.